Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 6th 2012 new
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Does he like sturdy wooden cars? Go to a craft show and they always have lots of hand made stuff. I know I...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

Does he like sturdy wooden cars? Go to a craft show and they always have lots of hand made stuff. I know I used to like playing in the floor with my son when he was little with cars and trucks.....
--hide--

Andrew wasn't autistic, just thought your son might enjoy that type of toy.....
Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Does he like sturdy wooden cars? Go to a craft show and they always have lots of hand made stuff...

Does he like sturdy wooden cars? Go to a craft show and they always have lots of hand made stuff. I know I used to like playing in the floor with my son when he was little with cars and trucks.....
--hide--

Brenda,

Neill is not fond of that kind of play. He would rather I sing/dance or talk with him. He likes the one on one stuff like Andrew may
have liked when he as about one or two. I was thinking kid's music but I have several cd's and he doesn't like them all that
much. I think he likes Country but then maybe that is what I like. He has a big therapy ball that he likes that has little nubbies
on it but maybe something a different color and texture might make the little guy happy. I just took about 10 pics of him bouncing
on that ball with a white plastic collinder that has lots of holes. He thinks that is the best toy whenever I take it out to drain something.
Thanks for jogging my thoughts.

Eileen

Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Handmade or made of glass....both are on their way to you Brenda.I am looking fo...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Handmade or made of glass....both are on their way to you Brenda.

I am looking for the perfect gift for my son Neill. He is autistic and takes forever to get used to a
new toy. Any ideas Santa or Elves?

--hide--

I wonder if Neil would like those toys where toy put a ball in one end and it rolks down and around a track and comes out the other end? Or a small keyboard?

Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: At the Paraclete on the West Side of town, they have an amazing selection of rosary beads. I...

At the Paraclete on the West Side of town, they have an amazing selection of rosary beads.
I bought my sister a rosary made of pearls that was stunning but I don't think they would go with
your gun...sticking with the brown wooden Italian ones for you! Hope you love them!

I would like some new mittens as gloves make my hands cold. Nothing too fancy please.

--hide--

Granted, I found some amazing hand felted woolen mittens in beautiful colors. They're really nice, but not too fancy.

I would like to go on a retreat, alone, no demands, just God, silence and nature.

Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: I wonder if Neil would like those toys where toy put a ball in one end and it rolks down ...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

I wonder if Neil would like those toys where toy put a ball in one end and it rolks down and around a track and comes out the other end? Or a small keyboard?

--hide--

Pardon the typos! ...where you put a ball in...and it rolls...

Dec 6th 2012 new
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Brenda, Neill is not fond of that kind of play. He would rather I sing/dance or talk with him....

Brenda,

Neill is not fond of that kind of play. He would rather I sing/dance or talk with him. He likes the one on one stuff like Andrew may
have liked when he as about one or two. I was thinking kid's music but I have several cd's and he doesn't like them all that
much. I think he likes Country but then maybe that is what I like. He has a big therapy ball that he likes that has little nubbies
on it but maybe something a different color and texture might make the little guy happy. I just took about 10 pics of him bouncing
on that ball with a white plastic collinder that has lots of holes. He thinks that is the best toy whenever I take it out to drain something.

Eileen

--hide--

hug I am sure you are blessed to see his joy, I know God has good things planned for you! hug
Dec 6th 2012 new
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Brenda, Neill is not fond of that kind of play. He would rather I sing/dance or talk with him....

Brenda,

Eileen

--hide--

Eileen have you ever tried Angelina Sings? www.youtube.com

When my son was little he was very hyper & when he heard the rosary it was an instant calming effect & I really like Angelina's version of the rosary. I found my copy at a church bookstore here. Let me know if you need help trying to find out how to get a copy. Sending you my hugs & prayers. Brenda
Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Eileen have you ever tried Angelina Sings? www.youtube.com Whe...

Eileen have you ever tried Angelina Sings? www.youtube.com

When my son was little he was very hyper & when he heard the rosary it was an instant calming effect & I really like Angelina's version of the rosary. I found my copy at a church bookstore here. Let me know if you need help trying to find out how to get a copy. Sending you my hugs & prayers. Brenda
--hide--

Brenda,

I listened to the youtube that you sent me and I will look at our paraclete tomorrow after a morning meeting. I should
specifically look for the rosary by Angelina Sings? It looks like she has up to 22 videos. Tomorrow I will investigate and
I thank you for your kindness.

Believing people like you are a gift,

Eileen

Dec 6th 2012 new
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Brenda, I listened to the youtube that you sent me and I will look at our paraclete tomorrow a...

Brenda,

I listened to the youtube that you sent me and I will look at our paraclete tomorrow after a morning meeting. I should
specifically look for the rosary by Angelina Sings? It looks like she has up to 22 videos. Tomorrow I will investigate and
I thank you for your kindness.

Believing people like you are a gift,

Eileen

--hide--

Yes I have a set of CDs that is the rosary led by Angelina & then she has her songs as well on the CD's. They really are good.
Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: Pardon the typos! ...where you put a ball in...and it rolls...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

Pardon the typos! ...where you put a ball in...and it rolls...

--hide--

Kathy, Thank you for the mittens and you are killing me with humor!
When the boys were little, we had one of those toys from a specialty company.
You are talking about a boy who ate fireplace stones when we first moved here
to this house and suffered with a stomach ache for two days unbeknownst to his mother until
they came out the opposite end! He does like that sound and now I do remember that bubble
gum toy for toddlers that popped when they walked with it and maybe that sound would enter-
tain him. Good thinking Kathy and Eileen!

Thanks you for your suggestion and the many laughs Kathy.

Eileen

Posts 131 - 140 of 143