Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 3rd 2012 new
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: For those wondering...I posted a picture of Michelle on my profile...check it out :)
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: For those wondering...I posted a picture of Michelle on my profile...check it out :)
--hide--

She is very pretty, Khoa. You will look great together. Good luck. I am sure she will appreciate the thoughtful gesture.
Dec 3rd 2012 new

Yea!! Congratulations!!! Best wishes!!

Dec 3rd 2012 new

Khoa - I just looked at Michelle's picture -- very nice looking woman. I hope everything will turn out for the best. Well, now you can relax you made the first attempt. It was not that hard.

Dec 3rd 2012 new
Dearest friends,

I am overwhelmed by your kindness and encouragement. When I wrote my little post of "Women's Language" I was expecting only a couple of answers. I never expected a flood of wonderful support and loving advices from a community of people with a common hope and dream! Words cannot describe my sincere gratitude to each and everyone of you!

I came to this country from Vietnam. I did not speak a word of English when I arrived here at the age of ten. I was picked on mercilessly. My teachers compassionately gave me a 70 just to pass me. My self esteem was trickling down the drain so fast to the point that my 8th grade teacher had to plead with me to stay in school and she pitifully gave me a holy card with these words: "Your life is God's gift to you. What you do with your life is your gift to God!"

Through sleepless nights of prayers and support from those who love me unconditionally, God extended His hand of mercy, lifted me from my darkness and brought me into His wonderful light. Yes each one of you, through your kindness and loving concern, is that shining light that God had placed onto my path. I don't know what will happen between me and my friend Michelle but I pray that if it is God's will, both of us have the courage to embrace one another in His unconditional love and to care deeply for each other's physical, emotional, and especially spiritual well being for years to come even if we remain just as friends for the rest of our lives!

Just a quick update: I mailed her 44 pounds of homemade foods today...lol...I went overboard I know! She had agreed to go out to dinner with me in Ashville, NC on either the 26 or 27 of December! Now all we have to do is find a sweet and romantic place haha! May all your kindness be rewarded abundantly and may the Holy Season of Advent finds its dwelling place in your hearts until the glorious birth of our Savior shower graces upon you this Chritmas season and in the New Year! :)
Dec 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: Spoke for the first time to the girl I have been emailing for the past three years. She sounds really cut...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: Spoke for the first time to the girl I have been emailing for the past three years. She sounds really cute and sweet. We talked for 30 minutes. I offered to take her out sometimes over the holidays and she thought that was a good plan. Thank you to all for your encouragement! :)
--hide--
clap clap clapHurray hurray hurray!!!!

Dec 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: Spoke for the first time to the girl I have been emailing for the past three years. She sounds really cut...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: Spoke for the first time to the girl I have been emailing for the past three years. She sounds really cute and sweet. We talked for 30 minutes. I offered to take her out sometimes over the holidays and she thought that was a good plan. Thank you to all for your encouragement! :)
--hide--
Congratulations! May this be the start of something beautiful for the both of you!

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: Dearest friends, I am overwhelmed by your kindness and encouragement. When I wrote my little post...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: Dearest friends,

I am overwhelmed by your kindness and encouragement. When I wrote my little post of "Women's Language" I was expecting only a couple of answers. I never expected a flood of wonderful support and loving advices from a community of people with a common hope and dream! Words cannot describe my sincere gratitude to each and everyone of you!

I came to this country from Vietnam. I did not speak a word of English when I arrived here at the age of ten. I was picked on mercilessly. My teachers compassionately gave me a 70 just to pass me. My self esteem was trickling down the drain so fast to the point that my 8th grade teacher had to plead with me to stay in school and she pitifully gave me a holy card with these words: "Your life is God's gift to you. What you do with your life is your gift to God!"

Through sleepless nights of prayers and support from those who love me unconditionally, God extended His hand of mercy, lifted me from my darkness and brought me into His wonderful light. Yes each one of you, through your kindness and loving concern, is that shining light that God had placed onto my path. I don't know what will happen between me and my friend Michelle but I pray that if it is God's will, both of us have the courage to embrace one another in His unconditional love and to care deeply for each other's physical, emotional, and especially spiritual well being for years to come even if we remain just as friends for the rest of our lives!

Just a quick update: I mailed her 44 pounds of homemade foods today...lol...I went overboard I know! She had agreed to go out to dinner with me in Ashville, NC on either the 26 or 27 of December! Now all we have to do is find a sweet and romantic place haha! May all your kindness be rewarded abundantly and may the Holy Season of Advent finds its dwelling place in your hearts until the glorious birth of our Savior shower graces upon you this Chritmas season and in the New Year! :)
--hide--

Khoa, you have honored us with your friendship and your honesty in these threads. While we have encouraged you, it was you who reached out to your friend Michelle risking rejection and maybe imbarrasment. That takes a strong man of character. Whether Michelle is "the one" or not, enjoy your success. I think one of the reasons we women like to be pursued is that we want to know that the man in our life will step up and be a man of action that we can depend on. You sought guidance and then "stepped up," Khoa. That shows intelligence and back-bone, and the makings of a good husband and father. Good job, Khoa! Good job!

- Elizabeth

Dec 4th 2012 new
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Khoa, you have honored us with your friendship and your honesty in these threads. Whil...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Khoa, you have honored us with your friendship and your honesty in these threads. While we have encouraged you, it was you who reached out to your friend Michelle risking rejection and maybe imbarrasment. That takes a strong man of character. Whether Michelle is "the one" or not, enjoy your success. I think one of the reasons we women like to be pursued is that we want to know that the man in our life will step up and be a man of action that we can depend on. You sought guidance and then "stepped up," Khoa. That shows intelligence and back-bone, and the makings of a good husband and father. Good job, Khoa! Good job!

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Elizabeth, You're too kind! I greatly appreciate it! Btw, are you going to Celia for Christmas? I am and I'm making Vietnamese appetizers...yummy :)
Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: Elizabeth, You're too kind! I greatly appreciate it! Btw, are you going to Celia for Christma...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said:

Elizabeth, You're too kind! I greatly appreciate it! Btw, are you going to Celia for Christmas? I am and I'm making Vietnamese appetizers...yummy :)
--hide--

I'm sorry I will miss Christmas with you guys, but I will be at Celia's in January and hope to see you then. Maybe you can make some more Vietnamese appetizers for the January get together! wave

- Elizabeth

Dec 4th 2012 new
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: I'm sorry I will miss Christmas with you guys, but I will be at Celia's in Janu...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

I'm sorry I will miss Christmas with you guys, but I will be at Celia's in January and hope to see you then. Maybe you can make some more Vietnamese appetizers for the January get together!

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Unfortunately, I will be going home and won't be able to make it in January! Have a blessed Christmas!
Posts 31 - 40 of 41