Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 14th 2012 new
My gift tonight is one of prayer for all the families, friends, and others affected by the terrible tragedy in the school.....
Dec 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Lina, I would give the spirit of Christmas to all who would welcome it. I mean t...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

Lina, I would give the spirit of Christmas to all who would welcome it. I mean the true, sacred, loving spirit of Christmas, in which a person will accept something from another with joy and acceptance, not even knowing the nature of the gift. Then learning that the gift is a sacred new life. I did not have the spirit of Christmas for several years after a tragic car accident; I am so glad to have it back. I want everyone to have it, even if they are a little bummed out that there's no one with mistletoe chasing them around. That's the small stuff. We'll find each other if it's meant to be.

--hide--
And after today's tragedy in Sandy Hook... I was thinking of how empty those parents' arms are now, how unfathomably broken their hearts are.
We here on CM, in the forums...we share a connection of sorts through the threads. And many, many of us have never met. I know someone, after attending CM Indy, talked about the loving spirit that lasted long past the event itself, and I said the same thing about CM Phx.
If I could, I would gather all of us together in one place, where we could break bread together, look each other in the eye, and fill up on the great spiritual bond "where two or three are gathered in My Name"--where we could strengthen each other in the knowledge that yes, indeed, we are cared about, we are not alone behind our screens...and we can go forth revived from that communing, being an even brighter beacon of hope and love in this world.
We really have such a short time here. Why waste it in fear and loneliness?

Dec 14th 2012 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: And after today's tragedy in Sandy Hook... I was thinking of how empty those parents' arms are now, how ...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

And after today's tragedy in Sandy Hook... I was thinking of how empty those parents' arms are now, how unfathomably broken their hearts are.
We here on CM, in the forums...we share a connection of sorts through the threads. And many, many of us have never met. I know someone, after attending CM Indy, talked about the loving spirit that lasted long past the event itself, and I said the same thing about CM Phx.
If I could, I would gather all of us together in one place, where we could break bread together, look each other in the eye, and fill up on the great spiritual bond "where two or three are gathered in My Name"--where we could strengthen each other in the knowledge that yes, indeed, we are cared about, we are not alone behind our screens...and we can go forth revived from that communing, being an even brighter beacon of hope and love in this world.

--hide--

Lina I think you expressed this rather well...I wish we were all in one place to pray together tonight....
Dec 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: And after today's tragedy in Sandy Hook... I was thinking of how empty those parents' arms...

--hide--

I was so upset when I learned about the tragedy today. I was walking by a TV at work, and watched a for a bit, and then read the prayer forum post by the gentleman who lives near the school and has a friend who teaches in another nearby school. I then sent a note to a friend who has been a teacher for 27 years. I wish I could give the gifts of healing for all those who were affected by this tragedy, and of hope for their future, and of safety for all children and educators everywhere.

Dec 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I'm not sure whether anyone's started a thread with this angle:If you were able to...

I'm not sure whether anyone's started a thread with this angle:

If you were able to, what special gift would you like to give and to whom?

Be fun, be creative, be thoughtful, be spiritual....

--hide--

A friend of mine contacted several of us who are friends with her dad. She wanted to collect 365 memories/thoughts/pictures/etc., about her dad, print them on small pieces of paper, fold them and put them in a jar to give her father at Christmas. The idea is that he picks one note to read every day.

She loved the little story I sent and said her dad would likely choke up when he reads it. hug

I thought the idea was original and creative and would make an excellent gift for a friend, loved one.

Dec 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: A friend of mine contacted several of us who are friends with her dad. She wanted to coll...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

A friend of mine contacted several of us who are friends with her dad. She wanted to collect 365 memories/thoughts/pictures/etc., about her dad, print them on small pieces of paper, fold them and put them in a jar to give her father at Christmas. The idea is that he picks one note to read every day.

She loved the little story I sent and said her dad would likely choke up when he reads it.

I thought the idea was original and creative and would make an excellent gift for a friend, loved one.

--hide--
That's such a lovely idea, Maia! I may use that some day. heart

Dec 17th 2012 new

Im CM bad boy,you see mischievous
What is everyone giving me? scratchchin
Perhaps a switch or a sack full of coal sad
I know I must do penance to save my soul Praying
I was so nasty and bad all through the year mischievous
So,this Christmas I wont be full of cheer sorry
I put gum in your hair,a tack on your seat mischievous
Stepping on toes is not so sweet ashamed
As Santa flies by he will shake his head in disgust santahat hissyfit
Nothing for MR Brian,back to the North Pole or bust.

Dec 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: We here on CM, in the forums...we share a connection of sorts through the threads. And many, m...

--hide--

And this tradition goes way, way back Miss Lina. The Holy Spirit is strong with this faith-community. If there is a scripture verse, for me, that expresses my experiences in the past on Catholicmatch, and this goes back to when it was formerly, St. Raphael, and also its sister site 4marks if would be what St. Paul shares to the church in Philippi- Philippians 2:1-4. At its heart, this is the relationship that God, through Christ Jesus, calls us to. A relationship with our neighbors and self. The peace of Christ which surpasses all understanding be with you all this Advent week. Come Emmanual. Dove wreath

Dec 17th 2012 new

My gift is to encourage others to give hope in the wisdom that our hearts are good. There is strength in knowing that our hearts are good. And goodness comes from the heart. To be lightbearers to those that are needing to find their way. To be the salt that makes this life savory. God is coming to give life in its fullness. theheart Dove

Dec 17th 2012 new

I asked my kids if there is something that they want to receive that can't be bought at the store... All of them told me to go to bestbuy.com if I don't want to stay in line. laughing laughing laughing laughing

Posts 111 - 120 of 122