Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Today, I would like to give Neill a voice. I would love to hear him talk.
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

Today, I would like to give Neill a voice. I would love to hear him talk.

--hide--
hug I feel so melancholy for this, Eileen. Such a simple wish, in a way, and yet so distant...part of the longings of a mother.

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-871766 said: The following is NOT original. I read it and it touched me so I thought it would be perfect...
(Quote) Donna-871766 said:

The following is NOT original. I read it and it touched me so I thought it would be perfect to share here.

The most precious gifts are free:

To your enemy, forgiveness.
To an opponent, tolerance.
To a friend, your heart.
To a customer, service.
To all, charity.
To every child, a good example.
To yourself, respect.

Hope everyone's day is filled with Grace and Blessings!

--hide--
The intangibles are the best of all. For some, some of those gifts may be very difficult to manage (like forgiveness), but I think it's like priming a pump: it may be tough at the start, but once it gets going--watch the flood!

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: I'd pay off all my family and friends debt!!!and/or get my parents a reliab...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

I'd pay off all my family and friends debt!!!and/or get my parents a reliable car to replace their three clunkers.

--hide--
Maybe within those three clunkers IS one reliable car! laughing
Money can really tie up our good thoughts sometimes--enslavement.

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: I'd give all the men on CM miniature remote control helicopters to play with. I gave this to ...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

I'd give all the men on CM miniature remote control helicopters to play with. I gave this to a work friend last year and soon all the guys in the office went out and bought one. It was a riot seeing them play like little boys. Before long, they were getting together to build their own on the weekends. I think everyone should have something that brings joy, laughter and excitement to their days. The men here work hard all year deciding to emote, they deserve a little fun! (Oh, and I'd definitely buy them the extended warranty to go with it:)

--hide--
laughing

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said: A great big hug. Gifts I made myself like a special dish .a crochet sweater or hous...
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

A great big hug.

Gifts I made myself like a special dish .a crochet sweater or houshold item and some jewellery

--hide--
When someone took the thought & time to make me something like food goodies, I was touched more than had they gone & bought some generic item for me.
And hug back at ya, Sherrill-anne.

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I feel so melancholy for this, Eileen. Such a simple wish, in a way, and yet so distant...part of ...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

I feel so melancholy for this, Eileen. Such a simple wish, in a way, and yet so distant...part of the longings of a mother.

--hide--
Yes and I feel selfish sometimes because what I want for Neill and what he wants are probably so far
apart...like night and day. He would be happy with a bowl of his favorite ice creamcookie hersheyskiss Happy Birthday! laughing laughing

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Joan-684265 said: Lina, Mark and Louise Zwick who founded Casa Juan Diego here in Houston thirty or so years ago, th...
(Quote) Joan-684265 said:

Lina, Mark and Louise Zwick who founded Casa Juan Diego here in Houston thirty or so years ago, think that as Catholic Christians we should work to be "Go-Givers" rather than "Go-Getters. (I invite everyone who who might be interested to google Casa Juan Diego.) I have been rounding up items to help keep the CJD guests warm, now that the weather is getting colder, even here in Houston. Louise reminds folks that even the needy do appreciate nice things. Bed blankets, and lap blankets, sweaters and other apparel, and suchlike are on my go-giver list. One day a few weeks ago they were delighted that I had brought them a peach cobbler, and they were going to get to have dessert. CJD is run one-hundred percent by unpaid volunteers, and is financially accommodated one-hundred percent by donations.

--hide--
I did look it up:texascda.org . What a great organization! I know we have a couple of similar places in our Phoenix diocese, as I'm sure many across the country do too. That has to be one of the best feelings--giving to someone in need, knowing, even in a small way, you made a difference for them.

12/04/2012 new
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Thank you Lina for your personal note. As people may not know, I have a special needs son, Neillwho is non...

Thank you Lina for your personal note. As people may not know, I have a special needs son, Neill
who is non-verbal and for one day, it would truly be wonderful to hear what he has to say about life and
all of us that are in it. I would like to hear him actually say "I love you Mom" although I get it through the
affection he so freely gives. Just one day.

--hide--
hug sounds like he shows you his love!
12/04/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: sounds like he shows you his love!
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: sounds like he shows you his love!
--hide--

Yes Brenda, he does. He has these beautiful brown eyes that can see to your very soul and a smile
that can light up my world. He has classic beauty like the old actors of the 50's and 60's. Cary Grant,
Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin the ones I grew up with. He has black eye brows that are the perfect wings
over those brown eyes and coal black curly hair light skin and pink lips. To me, he is beautiful.

12/04/2012 new
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Yes Brenda, he does. He has these beautiful brown eyes that can see to your very soul and a smilet...

Yes Brenda, he does. He has these beautiful brown eyes that can see to your very soul and a smile
that can light up my world. He has classic beauty like the old actors of the 50's and 60's. Cary Grant,
Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin the ones I grew up with. He has black eye brows that are the perfect wings
over those brown eyes and coal black curly hair light skin and pink lips. To me, he is beautiful.

--hide--

I am certain he is beautiful in others eyes as well, such a blessing!
Posts 61 - 70 of 122