Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 4th 2012 new

I've run across several mothers of special needs children over the years. In my estimation, God showers special graces on you as I've never known more devoted, humble, giving & loving women. The beauty that flows into the families of these children is a wonder to behold, but the mother especially seems to be the key... Hats off to you Eileen, for accepting your path and all the love that you share .... rose rose rose

Dec 4th 2012 new

In my 20s I read a book called "The Power of the Powerless", about the positive difference having a severely handicapped child made in one family's life. So very touching. I tried getting a then-co-worker to read it when she told me she was going for an abortion, but she wouldn't. (I then said I would take her baby if she'd just carry it to term, but another no.... sad )

Dec 4th 2012 new

I'd like to give every member the dream wish of his or her lifetime. so, what's your dream vacation gonna be?

Dec 5th 2012 new

All the politicians should get coal in their stockings sad weeping

Dec 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I'm not sure whether anyone's started a thread with this angle:If you were able to...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

I'm not sure whether anyone's started a thread with this angle:

If you were able to, what special gift would you like to give and to whom?

Be fun, be creative, be thoughtful, be spiritual....

--hide--
I would give my deceased wife a (monopoly like) a Free Pass Card into Heaven so she could immediately begin to enjoy an eternity of God's love, mercy, and grace without having to endure Purgatory.

By the way, what a great forum. I'm sure many of us on CM will get enormous pleasure out of having taken a shot at doing the impossible for our friends, family, and others. Thanks for that opportunity.

Dec 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: I'd like to give every member the dream wish of his or her lifetime. so, what's your drea...
(Quote) Connie-17641 said:

I'd like to give every member the dream wish of his or her lifetime. so, what's your dream vacation gonna be?

--hide--
Connie, there are so many places I'd like to visit, I wouldn't know where to begin to list them!

Dec 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: All the politicians should get coal in their stockings
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

All the politicians should get coal in their stockings

--hide--
That could be used for fuel, and where some of them are going, that would be redundant.

Dec 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Dennis-805025 said: I would give my deceased wife a (monopoly like) a Free Pass Card into Heaven so she could immedi...
(Quote) Dennis-805025 said:

I would give my deceased wife a (monopoly like) a Free Pass Card into Heaven so she could immediately begin to enjoy an eternity of God's love, mercy, and grace without having to endure Purgatory.

By the way, what a great forum. I'm sure many of us on CM will get enormous pleasure out of having taken a shot at doing the impossible for our friends, family, and others. Thanks for that opportunity.

--hide--
Yep, I think all Catholics think about that sometimes about our loved ones. Especially for those who suffered a lot while on earth.

Thank you, Dennis. When I was young, I used to daydream about all sorts of "big" good works I would do for people and the world in general.
I learned to take consolation in Mother Teresa's words, "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."

I had been looking forward to hearing about some of the smaller things we'd do for people if we could (like my son's visit with "The Office" cast).
I acknowledge there are so many big needs out there.... sad

Dec 6th 2012 new

I think Lina should get from santa a big Christmas Treat present
This topic is truly quite neat clap
An extra hug for Donna and Brenda this year hug
They always fill us with love and good cheer clap
To all they gals I hope Santa is kind santahat
A better group of gals you NEVER will find heartbeat heart
To all the guys I give this toast Cheers!
They are regular and cheerful I must boast beer
To everyone I raise my glass high beer :martini:
I hope Santa is generous and you dont weep nor sigh.

Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I wish I could give the gift of adequate jobs for those seeking work.....
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I wish I could give the gift of adequate jobs for those seeking work.....
--hide--

Thank you hug Brenda ... I'm looking .... you're in my prayers!

santahat xmastree wreath candycane fluffy snowman stocking You get a Gold Star! Ice Skating

Posts 71 - 80 of 122