Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Hi everyone, has anyone had the frustration of sending Emotigrams or messages to a possible match To be left waiting for a response, but none ever come? Also have others noticed if 4 messages or emotigrams are sent to one person,( no matter the time frame) Without receiving a response, a block is put in place to Stop anymore messages / emotigrams being sent until A response is made! I ask the question, if a man is willing to make the first move And can send up to 4 messages or emotigrams, why is it That the women receiving them cannot make the second move? Second move and respond, even if it is ' I'm not interested'? ( I have suggested to CM an ' I'm not interested' Emotigram, but ? ) What are your thoughts? God bless you all. Jake
12/03/2012 new

If someone can't reply after 4 messages do you really want to hear from them? After the second non-reply it should be apparent that the other person doesn't wish to communicate with you. After 3 it starts to go a little beyond a pursuit and more toward harassment - at least that's how I see it. As cold as it may sound, while it does become frustrating to send messages and not receive replies, the other person isn't obligated to reply. There are no rules in this regard, nor should there be.

Why hassle yourself over it? Believe me when I tell you that it isn't worth it. Don't lose sleep over those who choose not to reply to your messages because you can be sure they aren't. I learned this lesson a long time ago and now will never send a second message to anyone who doesn't reply to the first, nor do I wait around for a reply before communicating with others.

theheart

12/03/2012 new
Thank Victor, To clarify, the 4 messages or emotigrams Maybe sent over a period if a year, and the first ones Maybe just a smile ( which I have found over time doesn't get Much attention, so are they worthless really?) The real question is, if someone is willing to send 4 messages / emotigrams why is it so hard to respond? Why just ignore someones interest? Is it proper to respond or not? Are real manners lacking? Are CM encouraging communication or not? Are we all in search of that perfect man or women In this imperfect world? Can anyone really say they are perfect? Is the risk of being rejected, better than not taking any risks? Do women expect a knight in shining armor? When they themselves Are reluctant or dont know how being real Ladies? What are your thoughts? Jake
12/03/2012 new

Jacob, I feel your pain. I've sent many emotigrams & messages with no response. I don't know if it's folks are busy, if they don't want to hurt someone's feelings, or some of us are just rude. boggled

For myself, if someone sends me a message or emotigram, I always try to send something back. But I agree with Victor - if they view your profile, and don't respond, then God didn't open the door on that person because they're not The One.

Praying you have better responses soon!

12/04/2012 new

Thanks Melanie, at least you are a person who is considerate to others by responding.

If people just go by what is in someones profile, Maybe I should update mine.

(I could say I am one of the richest men alive, and belong to a royal family! This is true for any Catholic Man or Women as they are adopted sons and daughters of God, We are all then royalty because Jesus Christ is a Brother and a King! Have you ever thought of this?)

In regards to God opening doors, I would say it would be more correct that God supplies the door and leaves us as individuals

with Free Will to open a door or leaving it shut.

God bless you.

Jake

12/06/2012 new

Maybe some people, like me, are just unfamiliar with a protocol? I don't have a clue what to do with any emotigrams, and so I just talk to people on the forums or when it's an actual message. In person, if someone smiles at you, you smile back, but how does that work online? Do conversations go like this:

biggrin

smile

wink

eyepopping

biggrin

scratchchin

wave

Praying

eyebrow

rosary

:smile:

See what I mean? A bit confusing.