Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 4th 2012 new

Oh. I my post is all jumbled.

Clicky click the grey section greyed out.

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Erica-348721 said: Wouldn't look like to see yourself from someone else's perspective?
(Quote) Erica-348721 said:

Wouldn't look like to see yourself from someone else's perspective?

--hide--

I don't need to because I already know I am a hideous beast. laughing

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Erica-348721 said: I guess the more accurate question is, what do people see when they look at another person? <...

I guess the more accurate question is, what do people see when they look at another person?

Recently, I've been having some unwanted thoughts in this little brain of mine. I look at myself and think, "self, you're not too bad looking, right? Why then, are you still looking for a mate? Why do the men you find attractive not pay attention to you?" I've got some major "stinkin' thinkin'" going on, but it does pose an intriguing question.

--hide--
Erica, your looks are a given. Spend '0' amount of time thinking about that. Spend all of your time being the kind of person you want to be, the kind of person that will make God smile and your role models proud. That will make you more attractive than you can imagine to the right young man. Guys who know they are 'God's gift to women' can be extremely shallow- and untrustworthy. Look beyond the exterior. Hint: My mother was beautiful, my father looked like me laughing but he was the best husband and father she could ever want. He was an engineer, pocket protector, slide rule and all. So if you're in college, hang around the geeks!

Blessings, and good luck~ theheart

Dec 4th 2012 new

We all want to blame ourselves when it comes to our lack of success on here.. But after 8 years I've come to the conclusion that it's not our weight or our looks..I have seen a very heavy set, very plain woman with a perfectly awful picture find success.. Her husband is blind, so her looks didn't matter..Distance didn't either, he was from the Northeast and moved to South Georgia to be with her..

I think it's timing..When the time is right, the right person will be there.. There was a time when I obssessed over being alone.. Now I wait.. I took up knitting, it's a great time filler.. wink

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Margaret-20183 said: I don't need to because I already know I am a hideous beast.
(Quote) Margaret-20183 said:

I don't need to because I already know I am a hideous beast.

--hide--
...and aliens have landed and Bigfoot is real.

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Erica-348721 said: I guess the more accurate question is, what do people see when they look at another person? <...

I guess the more accurate question is, what do people see when they look at another person?

Recently, I've been having some unwanted thoughts in this little brain of mine. I look at myself and think, "self, you're not too bad looking, right? Why then, are you still looking for a mate? Why do the men you find attractive not pay attention to you?" I've got some major "stinkin' thinkin'" going on, but it does pose an intriguing question.

--hide--
Casey said:

Erica , you know yourself better than anyone, your thoughts , your idea's , your action's , your choice's , your character, your secret's . your desire's your motivations , your hope's , dreams, and goals.

Who are you when you are the only one looking ? Would you , If you could date yourself ? Good questions for all of us to ask and answer for ourselves 1

Dec 4th 2012 new

--hide--
From my perspective, I think you're gorgeous! wink

I personally think there is some good at looking at ourselves from an outsider's perspective. That way, we can identify things that needed improvement and work on them. At the same time, provide us a glimpse of our strengths and hone them more. Hopefully by doing this, we can become a wholistically better person. Having said this, I always consider myself as "a work in progress"

Dec 6th 2012 new

--hide--

Hello Erica,

I'm 36 and ask myself those questions from time to time. As psychologist, my buisness day in and day out is to intoduce people to themselves via another perspective. Also as a psychologist, I go to therapy myself (all the good ones do!). There is another issue here that you might be missing however. Some men might be intimidated by your beauty and your attributes. I get men in my office who tell me they would never ask out so-and-so because they fear they won't measure up to her. I've seen your profile and you are certainly not the woman many men expect (in a good way).

PS--I also like St. Francis

PPS--I also like Adoration, the Rosary, and the Divine Mercy Chaplet

Dec 8th 2012 new

I appreciate all the feedback from everyone! I know that God has a wonderful plan laid out for me, and I must be patient and wait my turn. I've not been very good about making it to Mass lately, and I feel the devil trying to get into my heart and change my way of thinking. He's a sneaky beast... But today starts anew! Today, on the feast of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary, I give myself back to Jesus and Mary! I'm not going to let the devil win. With God in my heart, nothing is impossible.

Love you all so much.. Thank you from "my bottom heart" (as my childhood priest, Fr. Badavowski used to say)

Dec 8th 2012 new
(Quote) But today starts anew! Today, on the feast of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary, I give myself back to Jesus and Mary! I&...
(Quote) But today starts anew! Today, on the feast of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary, I give myself back to Jesus and Mary! I'm not going to let the devil win. With God in my heart, nothing is impossible.
--hide--
That's the way Erica! They have a better plan the any of us can imagine! God bless.
Posts 11 - 20 of 23