Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: (Quote) Changes made on this beta preview may not be kept. Changes to photos DEFINITEL...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

Quote:

Changes made on this beta preview may not be kept. Changes to photos DEFINITELY won't be.

Brian,

I don't understand what "changes made on this beta preview may not be kept. Changes to photos definitely won't" means. Can you explain that Brian.

--hide--

Referring to the first line of the topic post, which reads:

If you go to rc.catholicmatch.com you can see some changes that will be coming out today or tomorrow.

The link which displays the new profile format is the "beta preview". The statement you asked about means that if you make changes to the text content of your profile while viewing that beta preview site those changes may not be retained when the new profiles are moved to the live production system; if you change any photos while using the beta preview they definitiely will not be moved over.

You can tell whether you are using the live system or the beta preview by looking at the browser address bar: the URL of the live system begins with " http://www.catholicmatch.com"; the beta preview begins with "rc.catholicmatch.com" ('rc' being the significant distinguishing characteristic).

I hope this helps.

Dec 5th 2012 new

The changes are live now. I'll go edit that into the first post so people don't keep going to the now irrelevant beta site.

Dec 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Referring to the first line of the topic post, which reads: If you go to rc.catholicmatch...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Referring to the first line of the topic post, which reads:

If you go to rc.catholicmatch.com you can see some changes that will be coming out today or tomorrow.

The link which displays the new profile format is the "beta preview". The statement you asked about means that if you make changes to the text content of your profile while viewing that beta preview site those changes may not be retained when the new profiles are moved to the live production system; if you change any photos while using the beta preview they definitiely will not be moved over.

You can tell whether you are using the live system or the beta preview by looking at the browser address bar: the URL of the live system begins with " http://www.catholicmatch.com"; the beta preview begins with "rc.catholicmatch.com" ('rc' being the significant distinguishing characteristic).

I hope this helps.

--hide--

Yes. Thank you.

Dec 5th 2012 new
This post has been flagged as inappropriate for this discussion or forum.
Dec 5th 2012 new

Something is screwed up with the Saved Searches if you have selected a Minimum Height under the Apearance tab. I checked my saved searches today and had zero people. I removed the minimum height and my matches showed back up.

Also, I'm not a fan of removing the "Languages" attribute from profiles. I always found that was a unique attribute to read when learning about a person...it's a shame it's no longer visible.

Dec 5th 2012 new
(Quote) Tom-515506 said: Something is screwed up with the Saved Searches if you have selected a Minimum Height under the Apearance tab. I...
(Quote) Tom-515506 said:

Something is screwed up with the Saved Searches if you have selected a Minimum Height under the Apearance tab. I checked my saved searches today and had zero people. I removed the minimum height and my matches showed back up.

Also, I'm not a fan of removing the "Languages" attribute from profiles. I always found that was a unique attribute to read when learning about a person...it's a shame it's no longer visible.

--hide--

Did not realize that the language portion was deleted. I would like it back.
Dec 5th 2012 new
I found a few strange things in the favorites listings. I will write about that later when I have time. I will say this for now...The blue hyperlink-type is not working.
Dec 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: It appears that yours did not transform correctly. The good news is that we can recheck ...
(Quote) Nathan-48443 said:

It appears that yours did not transform correctly. The good news is that we can recheck the conversion and find out where it went. Additionally, since we're doing a full data transform, the old data will be left intact. I actually threw together a page that has everything as it now in case something was lost in the favorites conversion (such as Donna's, who has full sentences that don't translate well).

I'm looking into it!

--hide--

Donna fixed hers.. wink

Dec 5th 2012 new

I like the idea of tags. Does that mean we'll be able to search by tags?

The "My Own Words" section is a bit difficult to read - the difference between category and response is not immediately obvious because the fonts are the same. The headings, like "My Faith", are gray and stand out, but the subcategories, like "Favorite Devotions" etc. blend in to the responses. I'd recommend a change to somehow differentiate between these.

Dec 5th 2012 new
I am NOT a fan of the favorite areas being alphabetized. I had my items grouped. In addition, items are alphabetized that are meant to be one item.

I had as a favorite place: Morelia, Michoacan, Mexico. It was grouped into 3 items. And, I was unable to it back.
Posts 51 - 60 of 65