Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

There is a very interesting book entitled "The 45 Day Miracle" by Melody Beattie. I think I have spelled her name correctly. Anyway, the idea in the book is to, each day, send to a friend a list of that for which you are grateful. How about expanding on that and not only doing a gratitude list or item but also talk about the things we really love to see and do? It is a great way to meet others with common interests and learn about things perhaps previously not considered.

I am grateful for Big Band music and the feelings that come with connecting with friends. I love the smell of freshly mowed grass, the pleasure of landscaping and running and playing sports--feeling like a kid again.

Dec 5th 2012 new

Great topic...I have worked for the past few years to live with an 'attitude of gratitude' in all things in my life. There are not too many things that occur that we can not change the perspective slightly to make it a positive thing, even our trials. i.e. I am sometimes disgusted because I pound so many miles on my vehicle. The flip - I am grateful that I have a job to go to that pays for that vehicle.

Today I am extremely grateful for my grandson. He turns five today, is a blessing and the light of my life. heart

Dec 5th 2012 new

I am grateful for dancing with wonderful friends, especially right now. It has been such a bright spot. I am grateful for an Adoration Chapel close by where Jesus is always waiting. I love almost all animals; they are simple and follow God's plan for them without question and they are gifts for us to enjoy. Okay, one more and then I will give someone else a turn! I LOVE beautiful voices that can sing beautiful music for us.

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: There is a very interesting book entitled "The 45 Day Miracle" by Melody Beattie. I think...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

There is a very interesting book entitled "The 45 Day Miracle" by Melody Beattie. I think I have spelled her name correctly. Anyway, the idea in the book is to, each day, send to a friend a list of that for which you are grateful. How about expanding on that and not only doing a gratitude list or item but also talk about the things we really love to see and do? It is a great way to meet others with common interests and learn about things perhaps previously not considered.

I am grateful for Big Band music and the feelings that come with connecting with friends. I love the smell of freshly mowed grass, the pleasure of landscaping and running and playing sports--feeling like a kid again.

--hide--

I am grateful when a guy tips his cowboy hat and calls me ma'am! biggrin

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I am grateful when a guy tips his cowboy hat and calls me ma'am!
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

I am grateful when a guy tips his cowboy hat and calls me ma'am!

--hide--

We can make this fun too! I also am grateful for fun times with friends, whatever we are doing. A BBQ in the backyard, with a beer and laughter and maybe some kickball too....

Dec 9th 2012 new

Today, although it's for a kind of crummy reason, I am grateful I've had a weekend of rest (for myself - badly needed!), and so much snuggle time & fun with my youngest nephew. He & I were banished from the house where my sister (his mommy), big sister & brother are stuck sick. And enjoying having him at mass with me this morning. And my mom remembering I like to read the funny pages before she went to toss the paper into the recycle bin. AND for the very small chance of snow flurries expected tomorrow!

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: Today, although it's for a kind of crummy reason, I am grateful I've had a weekend of r...
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

Today, although it's for a kind of crummy reason, I am grateful I've had a weekend of rest (for myself - badly needed!), and so much snuggle time & fun with my youngest nephew. He & I were banished from the house where my sister (his mommy), big sister & brother are stuck sick. And enjoying having him at mass with me this morning. And my mom remembering I like to read the funny pages before she went to toss the paper into the recycle bin. AND for the very small chance of snow flurries expected tomorrow!

--hide--
biggrin

Dec 9th 2012 new

Meg,

Wonderful thread.

I love:

The gift of my Catholic faith;

Spending private time in adoration;

Being able to get up each morning without assistance;

The many blessings God has bestowed;

The true spirit of Christmas, the decorations and carols;

Having the love of my chidren and me reciprocating;

Knowing my two children have wonderful educations and are successful;

Being around positive people;

Those who truly practice their faith;

Helping others;

The smell of flowers in a garden;

The people who have been so good to me on CM;

Receiving and sending emotes and messages;

An occasional beer or pina colada;

I was able to live into my sixties, hopefully more;

Many other things too numerous to list.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Dec 9th 2012 new

Thank you, Meg, for starting this thread.

I am thankful for

- my dog Bella and the opportunities I have to take her for long walks and hikes like the one I took today.

- my Dad who still worries about me and trys to look after me from afar.

- my children and granddaughter, and the love we share.

- my godmother who gives me such wonderful advice, love and affection.

- CM that has provided me access to a beautiful Catholic community and some great people (both those I agree with and those I don't) who have provided interesting and provocative discussions on a miriad of subjects and constantly remind me that good Catholics are everywhere.

- my good health.

- my cabin on my mountain.

- my friends.

- the YMCA.

- my faith and the faith of those who love me and pray for me.

My goodness this list could go on and on. Thank you to all of you on CM and especially those with whom I have become friends and those who will become my friends. wave

- Elizabeth

Dec 9th 2012 new

Hallmark Hall of Fame Movies

(I don't have cable or anything) so its big deal when its on broadcast TV - -

It is on TONIGHT Sunday Dec. 9 ABC 9/8c. !! biggrin

Posts 1 - 10 of 11