Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/05/2012 new

Sometimes one portion of the couple gets lazy and does not show love anymore. They get comfortable and complacent I would guess, They forget about being tender, and listening, expressing interest in the other party or never were attentive and tender.

So then they may have to make serious focused demands on the other, if they want to have sex because it is not forthcoming if they have become mean or insensitive.

I am just sayin' and guessin'......laughing

Some say that "making love" requires little acts of kindness and kindesses all day long. Then things can run more smoothly like a well oiled .... well you get the idea...

link

12/06/2012 new

I am going to miss you on forums, and don't forget to email me occasionally to let me know how you are doing.

As to your topic I think we get what we give. If you show affection to your mate, it is more than likely going to be returned. Maybe that is why many marriages fail as they get too comfortable and get lazy. As woman I think we set the mood.

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) Sharon-885911 said: I am going to miss you on forums, and don't forget to email me occasionally to let me know h...
(Quote) Sharon-885911 said:

I am going to miss you on forums, and don't forget to email me occasionally to let me know how you are doing.

As to your topic I think we get what we give. If you show affection to your mate, it is more than likely going to be returned. Maybe that is why many marriages fail as they get too comfortable and get lazy. As woman I think we set the mood.

--hide--

Sharon, I think women set the mood too. Women cando a lot to make things work better! And we should!

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Victor, same thought crossed my mind. One last "lab rat" experiment. As...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Victor, same thought crossed my mind. One last "lab rat" experiment.

As AnnMarie pointed out, it doesn't make any difference about it being the OP's last day, the forums are an "open book", so to speak.

--hide--
Same here - no comment.

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) Alice-788574 said: I think it boils down to temperament and family of origin. Some people (and David's right - m...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

I think it boils down to temperament and family of origin. Some people (and David's right - male or female) just are not affectionate by nature. It may not be due to mistreatment. It may not reflect a lack of love. It may just be their own comfort zone. It can really be difficult for their beloved who may crave affection! Also, considering we're on CM, many of us are cautious about chastity and unsure where to draw the line in terms of physical affection. Just another ingredient in finding the imperfect, prefect match, I think.

Just my thoughts.

--hide--
Another thing to consider, some men/women are smothering and overly affectionate. Don't respect others boundaries. Amount of affection needed/wanted is a very individual thing. I love affection but not when I feel I'm being smothered by a needy person, if that makes sense.

12/06/2012 new
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Those little ladies will likely end up in divorce court. - Elizabeth...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Those little ladies will likely end up in divorce court.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Uh huh. That's right.
12/06/2012 new
(Quote) Carl-98335 said: Publicly or privately? I had a girlfriend in college who made it clear that PDA was out of the question.
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

Publicly or privately? I had a girlfriend in college who made it clear that PDA was out of the question.

That should've been my first clue.

--hide--

Carl, How is that a red flag? There must have been something more about her behavior that was a red flag I don't like PDAs because I am a discreet person but love affection in private.
12/06/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: (Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: There are only 2 reasons I gathered: 1. Th...
(Quote) David-364112 said:
Quote:
Liberacion-894835 said:

There are only 2 reasons I gathered:

1. They think showing their love spoils her and could take him easy.

2. Showing affection is some weakness.

Man, showing your affection to the woman you love is not a weakness at all. If you only knew - A WOMAN WILL CARRY THE WHOLE WORLD ON HER SHOULDER FOR THE MAN WHO LOVES HER.

To the Gentlemen: Would you consider this as a weakness? Why?

To the Ladies: Would you carry the whole world for the man who loves you?

My experience is that this applies equally to both genders. Many women stop showing any affection to their husbands as well. Why do you suppose that is?
--hide--
Ditto

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: Another thing to consider, some men/women are smothering and overly affectionate. Don't re...
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

Another thing to consider, some men/women are smothering and overly affectionate. Don't respect others boundaries. Amount of affection needed/wanted is a very individual thing. I love affection but not when I feel I'm being smothered by a needy person, if that makes sense.

--hide--

Well said and good reminder for all. clap Smothering not needed.

Also some persons can be very controlling. They don't see their partner as an individual person, I am afraid.

12/06/2012 new

I've always thought that showing affection is a strength.

Posts 21 - 30 of 37