Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Dec 19th 2012 new

So I noticed there is no Monday night game this week ... is that because Monday is Christmas Eve?

I guess that would also explain why the Saturday night game is on ESPN rather than NFL Network. I hope (against hope) that the Lion can pull off the upset .... bring the Falcons down to earth for a week. In my dreams, right?

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: So I noticed there is no Monday night game this week ... is that because Monday is Christmas Eve?<...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

So I noticed there is no Monday night game this week ... is that because Monday is Christmas Eve?

I guess that would also explain why the Saturday night game is on ESPN rather than NFL Network. I hope (against hope) that the can pull off the upset .... bring the Falcons down to earth for a week. In my dreams, right?

--hide--

The NFL gave-up Monday games for the final 2 weeks of the season as part of their broadcast agreement with ESPN, and a handshake agreement with the NCAA to not compete with the bowl games outside the standard 1pm and 4pm Sunday schedule. Hence, the final week of the NFL's regular season sees no game on Thursday, Sunday prime time, or Monday.

theheart

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Linda,I note you scored 13 right in last week's picks. What an accomplishment. Congrat...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Linda,

I note you scored 13 right in last week's picks. What an accomplishment. Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you.

During this season and to the best of my knowledge, I don't think anyone has gotten that many right on a weekend with 16 games. Gee, I think I hear Las Vegas calling. Will you be my bookie?

Linda, you and Nancy have been bright stars in this thread. I love that both of you love pro football.

I wish you well in this week's picks.

Christmas blessings to you also and to everyone who participates in this thread.

Leon

--hide--
Leon, what a kind, sweet gentleman, you are. Thank you for acknowledging my success last week. The world could use more gentlemen like you. Not afraid to give an attagirl/attaboy to someone.

However, I don't think you'd be well served in using me for your bookie. I'll probably fall on face this week. Just got lucky last week.

Once again, thanks to a true gentleman.

Linda hug rose faint

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: Upset Specials:Week 16 Buccaneers over R...
(Quote) Gerard-400247 said:

Upset Specials:Week 16

Buccaneers over Rams.

Chiefs over Colts.

Seahawks over 49ers.

--hide--

Here's my picks for this week:

Atlanta over Detroit

Green Bay over Tenn

Carolina over Oakland

Miami over Buffalo

Pittsburgh over Cinci

New England over Jacksonville

Indy over KC (for a playoff spot) Praying Praying

Dallas over New Orleans

Washington over Philadelphia

St. Louis over Tampa Bay

NYG over Baltimore

Houston over Minnesota

Denver over Cleveland

Chicago over Arizona

Seattle over San Francisco

San Diego over NYJ

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Linda,I note you scored 13 right in last...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Linda,

I note you scored 13 right in last week's picks. What an accomplishment. Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you.

During this season and to the best of my knowledge, I don't think anyone has gotten that many right on a weekend with 16 games. Gee, I think I hear Las Vegas calling. Will you be my bookie?

Linda, you and Nancy have been bright stars in this thread. I love that both of you love pro football.

Christmas blessings to you also and to everyone who participates in this thread.

Leon

Leon, what a kind, sweet gentleman, you are. Thank you for acknowledging my success last week. The world could use more gentlemen like you. Not afraid to give an attagirl/attaboy to someone.

However, I don't think you'd be well served in using me for your bookie. I'll probably fall on face this week. Just got lucky last week.

Linda

--hide--

Linda,

You are so very welcome.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: (Quote) Linda-624584 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Quote:
Linda-624584 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Linda,

Leon

Linda

Linda,

You are so very welcome.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Linda,

I forgot to add, thank you for the very kind words.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Greetings to all,Last week, I had 9 right. The season is starting to get exciting. I hope ...

Greetings to all,

Last week, I had 9 right. The season is starting to get exciting. I hope your favorite team(s) are in the playoffs or soon to be.

The Thursday night schedule is complete. The usual Monday evening game on ESPN will be played Sunday evening.

With a contrite heart and knees shaking, I offer my picks for Week 16.

Once again, home teams in bold:

December 22, 2012 (Saturday evening)

Falcons over the Lions

December 23, 2012 (Sunday)

Panthers
over the Raiders

Cowboys
over the Saints (come on boys and win this one and the finale with the Redskins)

Packers
over the Titans

Texans
over the Vikings (a win here guarantees home field advantage in the playoffs)

Patriots over the Jaguars

Colts over the Chiefs

Bills over the Dolphins

Chargers over the Jets

Redskins over the Eagles (but hope the Eagles win)

Steelers over the Bengals

Rams over the Buccaneers

Broncos over the Browns

Bears over the Cardinals

Giants over the Ravens

Sunday evening

49ers over the Seahawks

I wish you all the very best in your picks.

I want to take this opportunity to wish each of you a happy, holy, merry, peaceful and joyous Christmas season. I hope Santa brings what is on your wish list.

Love you all,

Leon

--hide--

Leon,

Thank you for the picks and the Christmas wishes.

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Well, it's getting interesting. I think I got 11 right Gerard. Here's this weeks picks wi...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Well, it's getting interesting. I think I got 11 right Gerard. Here's this weeks picks with the Seahawks being my upset pick

Falcons over the Lions

December 23, 2012 (Sunday)

Panthers
over the Raiders

Cowboys
over the Saints (come on boys and win this one and the finale with the Redskins)

Packers
over the Titans

Texans
over the Vikings (Schaub is looking good Leon. I think the Colts will take the next one though)

Patriots over the Jaguars

Colts over the Chiefs

Dolphins over the Bills

Jets over the Chargers (If they dont do it this week I'm NEVER picking them again)

Redskins over the Eagles (but hope the Eagles win)

Steelers over the Bengals

Rams over the Buccaneers

Broncos over the Browns

Bears over the Cardinals

Giants over the Ravens

Sunday evening

Seahawks over the 49ers

--hide--

Jerry,

Thank you for the predictions.Good luck this week.

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Once again I might as well post the picks, cause it's not gonna help with all the waffling I&...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Once again I might as well post the picks, cause it's not gonna help with all the waffling I'm doing.

I had 13 correct last week.

SATURDAY DEC. 22ND.

Falcons over Lions

Sunday Dec. 23rd.

Panthers over Raiders

Texans over Vikings

Cowboys over Saints (HOW BOUT' THEM COWBOYS!!!)

Packers over Titans

Patriots over Jaguars

Colts over Chiefs

Dolphins over Bills

Jets over Chargers (not that I think either team is worth much. )

Redskins over Eagles

Steelers over Bengals

Rams over Buccaneers

Broncos over Browns

Cardinals over Bears ( I know y'all think I'm crazy for this pick)

Ravens over Giants (another one I'm probably crazy for picking)

SUNDAY EVENING

Seahawks over 49ers

Good luck to all this week. Christmas blessings to my NFL buddies. God Bless you all.

--hide--

Linda,

Congratulations on a spectacular week.I'm glad to see you do well.I totally agree with your assesments on the Chargers/Jets and Giants/Ravens.I'm picking the Chargers over the Jets,because they are slightly less pathetic.I'm also picking the Ravens over the Giants,because they are due for a win.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-513644 said: Here's my picks for this week: Atlanta over Detroit ...
(Quote) Nancy-513644 said:

Here's my picks for this week:

Atlanta over Detroit

Green Bay over Tenn

Carolina over Oakland

Miami over Buffalo

Pittsburgh over Cinci

New England over Jacksonville

Indy over KC (for a playoff spot)

Dallas over New Orleans

Washington over Philadelphia

St. Louis over Tampa Bay

NYG over Baltimore

Houston over Minnesota

Denver over Cleveland

Chicago over Arizona

Seattle over San Francisco

San Diego over NYJ

--hide--

Nancy,

Thank you for the picks and have a Merry Christmas!

Posts 71 - 80 of 125