Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

12/20/2012 new

Predictions for week 16.

Falcons attack the Lions,28-17.

Cowboys hold off the Saints,37-34.

Packers wrap the Titans,29-14.

Colts run past the Chiefs,27-17.

Dolphins splash the Bills,24-21.

Chargers shock the Jets,8-7.

Redskins nest the Eagles,34-22.

Steelers cage the Bengals,24-17.

Rams escape the Buccaneers,21-20.

Panthers take down the Raiders,35-27.

Patriots hunt the Jaguars,41-3.

Texans tougher than the Vikings,34-30.

Broncos get past the Browns,28-21.

Bears catch the Cardinals,17-16.

Ravens fly past the Giants,29-24.

49ers chase the Seahawks,23-21.

Notes:

I'm really rooting for the Vikings,to upset the Texans(I wouldn't mind,not getting a game point). laughing

The game with the Bears and Cardinals,is the toughest one to pick,IMO.

Merry Christmas,everyone!

12/20/2012 new

(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: Linda, Congratulations on a spectacular week.I'm glad to see you do well.I t...
(Quote) Gerard-400247 said:

Linda,

Congratulations on a spectacular week.I'm glad to see you do well.I totally agree with your assesments on the Chargers/Jets and Giants/Ravens.I'm picking the Chargers over the Jets,because they are slightly less pathetic.I'm also picking the Ravens over the Giants,because they are due for a win.

Have a wonderful Christmas!

--hide--
Gerard, thank you for the congratulations. Trust me though, I'm sure this was just a stroke of luck. The odds would say that eventually I was bound to have a good week. Care to place a bet on how I do this week? (here's a clue, save your money) wink laughing

I wish you and yours a blessed Christmas.

Linda hug Praying rose

12/20/2012 new

Linda,

You did well. I don't think anyone has hit 13 before? Anyway....congrats!

12/20/2012 new

(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: Chargers shock the Jets,8-7.
(Quote) Gerard-400247 said:

Chargers shock the Jets,8-7.

--hide--

8-7? So do the Chargers get a TD with a 2 point conversion, or two FGs and a safety? scratchchin

If you are right, according to pro-football-reference.com it would be the first 8-7 game in NFL history. eyepopping

www.pro-football-reference.com

12/20/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: 8-7? So do the Chargers get a TD with a 2 point conversion, or two FGs and a safety?<...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

8-7? So do the Chargers get a TD with a 2 point conversion, or two FGs and a safety?

If you are right, according to pro-football-reference.com it would be the first 8-7 game in NFL history.

--hide--

There has, however, been an 8-5 final score. Atlanta over the LA Rams on 10/2/94.

12/20/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: There has, however, been an 8-5 final score. Atlanta over the LA Rams on 10/2/94....

There has, however, been an 8-5 final score. Atlanta over the LA Rams on 10/2/94.

--hide--
Yep...and Edward there has even been a 5-0 score Cowboys/Lions when Greg Landry was quarterback. And I believe that was a playoff game~

12/20/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Linda, You did well. I don't think anyone has hit 13 before? Anyway....congrats! <...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Linda,

You did well. I don't think anyone has hit 13 before? Anyway....congrats!

--hide--
Thank you, Jerry.

Merry christmas. xmastree

12/20/2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Yep...and Edward there has even been a 5-0 score Cowboys/Lions when Greg Landry was quarterback. And I believe ...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Yep...and Edward there has even been a 5-0 score Cowboys/Lions when Greg Landry was quarterback. And I believe that was a playoff game~

--hide--
I knew about the 5-0 game. Looking up the Lions' playoff history, that game was in 1970 (the year I was born), and was their first playoff game since winning the championship in 1957. They wouldn't make it back to the playoffs until the strike-shortened 1982 season, and they lost to Washington that year. They wouldn't win another playoff game until 1991, against the Cowboys. And they haven't won a playoff game since.
12/20/2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Gerard, thank you for the congratulations. Trust me though, I'm sure this was just a stroke o...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Gerard, thank you for the congratulations. Trust me though, I'm sure this was just a stroke of luck. The odds would say that eventually I was bound to have a good week. Care to place a bet on how I do this week? (here's a clue, save your money)

I wish you and yours a blessed Christmas.

Linda

--hide--

Linda,

You are most welcome.I hope you do well this week;we have a lot of picks in common! biggrin laughing

A Merry Christmas to you and all you know! biggrin rose cookie

12/20/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: 8-7? So do the Chargers get a TD with a 2 point conversion, or two FGs and a safety?<...

8-7? So do the Chargers get a TD with a 2 point conversion, or two FGs and a safety?

If you are right, according to pro-football-reference.com it would be the first 8-7 game in NFL history.

--hide--

Honestly,I was just being a wise guy.Both teams are very inconsistent and have offfensive troubles.

I was originally a Jets' fan;lots of strange things happen to them on the field.If the score did occur,

it would most likely be two field goals and a safety.

Posts 81 - 90 of 125