Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

My company's Holiday party is coming this Saturday, and for the second year I am going

dateless. I am going to hang around with a couple of other girls from my company that are also single,

but deep down I feel like a loser going alone again. I been in this site on and off for a year, I am

not able to find someone to date for a potential relationship. I been on dates, but nothing ever comes out of it.

I see men are way to picky or make up excuses not to continue to see me. It just saddens me that the Holidays

are coming again, and I am invited to Holiday events and I have not date to go with me.

Anyone in similar situation?

12/05/2012 new

hugHang in there.

Taking a random date to a business party is a big mistake, so unless you are engaged or married, you shouldn't take someone anyway.

Work parties are for work, so hang with the other single folks, and know that you will have done nothing to jeopardize your professional life by who you bring along.

But I know...the holidays alone are the worst....

12/05/2012 new

been there(actually still there)
mix and mingle...leave early...be positive...be grateful for the chance to go to a work party

12/05/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Hang in there. Taking a random date to a business party is a big mistake, so unless you are en...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Hang in there.

Taking a random date to a business party is a big mistake, so unless you are engaged or married, you shouldn't take someone anyway.

Work parties are for work, so hang with the other single folks, and know that you will have done nothing to jeopardize your professional life by who you bring along.

But I know...the holidays alone are the worst....

--hide--

Thank you so much Pat. You hit it right on. I don't want to take anybody casually.

It has to be someone that I been in a relationship for a while, and because I don't I am going alone.

Plus I work for a wine company, and there will be all-you-can-drink-wine. I don't want to take

someone that might overindulge and like you said, jeopardize my career.

Thank you! Now I feel better biggrin

12/05/2012 new
Ya huh. My company party is next weekend and I have no date. Most will be coupled and some are bringing friends. My friends are either parents of young children and will not leave their kids, and my other friend I would ask will be away. Other freinds I would not take for one reason or another. I would even invite my mother, but there will be lots of drinking and the party sometimes gets a little wild and I was advised it would not be appropriate for her. If you're invited with a guest, consider bringing a friend- either male or female..
12/05/2012 new

Get glammed up and mix and mingle! hug Praying

12/05/2012 new

(Quote) Ely-701865 said: My company's Holiday party is coming this Saturday, and for the second year I am going d...
(Quote) Ely-701865 said:

My company's Holiday party is coming this Saturday, and for the second year I am going

dateless. I am going to hang around with a couple of other girls from my company that are also single,

but deep down I feel like a loser going alone again. I been in this site on and off for a year, I am

not able to find someone to date for a potential relationship. I been on dates, but nothing ever comes out of it.

I see men are way to picky or make up excuses not to continue to see me. It just saddens me that the Holidays

are coming again, and I am invited to Holiday events and I have not date to go with me.

--hide--
I will be so happy if you give me the honor to be your date smile

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) Ely-701865 said: My company's Holiday party is coming this Saturday, and for the second year I am going d...
(Quote) Ely-701865 said:

--hide--

Hello Ely,

I saw and read your profile and I will say that as for the men who are too picky or make up excuses: the only taste they have is in their mouths. Furthermore I could think of many words to describe you: loser would not be one of them. People get scared off by our religious convictions--that has been the case for me at times.

I don't know if this helps, but I embrace my singlehood during the holidays. Much of it is spent doing acts of charity like helping at the food bank or securing food for a family. I also have help people find places to go when they are homeless or finding assistance to pay for heating fuel--maybe not a problem in CA, but certainly a concern in NH. Those things to me are what Christmas is all about. My Christmas party is coming up to and I will just do my best to go from conversation to conversation (mingle) and hey--at least I get a free dinner out of it. Last year at the party, I stumbled upon a couple arguing in a hallway and I kissed the crucifix on my rosary, counting my blessings on being single.

12/06/2012 new

Ely, I know exactly what you mean. First of all, take your loneliness to Christ - our great God knows your heart is hurting. Ask Him to fill your heart to overflowing with joy. And then find you a fabulous outfit, go to the party, eat the free food, and dance dance dance! Go ask the DJ for your favorite song and dance your heart out!

I'll be praying for you - - - Praying hug

12/07/2012 new
Ely, you are a far cry from a loser. You are a beautiful young woman. Go to the Christmas party with a good spirit and have fun. You will be in my prayers.

Many blessings to you.

Sharon rosary
Posts 1 - 10 of 19