Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 8th 2012 new
Don't worry about not having a date for the party. You will have many friends there, and are going to have a great time. Go with the intention of having a great evening and I guarantee it will be one!
Dec 10th 2012 new

Very much the same boat Ely! Holiday times are always depressing in that stance, but it's never really the excuse to force yourself into a relationship. My youngest sibling is getting married this august and me and my sister (the middle children) will probably be doing the hog-trough dance (some traditions of sorts) since we're both not taken lol... hoping to find a date before then, but then again, it's on God's time :).

But DEFINITELY understand what you're feeling :(.

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: Ya huh. My company party is next weekend and I have no date. Most will be coupled and some are bring...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: Ya huh. My company party is next weekend and I have no date. Most will be coupled and some are bringing friends. My friends are either parents of young children and will not leave their kids, and my other friend I would ask will be away. Other freinds I would not take for one reason or another. I would even invite my mother, but there will be lots of drinking and the party sometimes gets a little wild and I was advised it would not be appropriate for her. If you're invited with a guest, consider bringing a friend- either male or female..
--hide--
Josephine -- some company Christmas parties involve so much drinking that hardly anyone will remember if you had a date with you or not.

It sounds like the kind of party where you want to arrive in time for the company-paid dinner, and leave shortly after the mustic starts. If you bring a serious date to this kind of gathering both of you might be uncomfortable, or, even worse, he might think you condone such a wild event. If the parties get that far out of hand, do you even want to go?

Yeah -- I know -- you feel obligated. Make the best of it and try to extricate yourself from the debris as soon as you can.

Dec 10th 2012 new

I am dateless for majority of my life both Christmas parties and New years but got my greatest wish my son .

Dec 10th 2012 new

Ely, you are a far cry from being a loser, and you have so much to offer. I am so sorry that the men your age are so shallow and superficial. They have no idea what they are missing out on rose

Dec 10th 2012 new

Eyl I know exactly how you feel. It is hard to go to parties or events alone. Sometimes I can do it and sometimes I can't. I didn't go to my staff Christmas party this year. It was just too hard as most are there in couples. I went to my friends house instead. She had some people over. We ate, listened to Christmas music, addressed Christmas cards and talked and laughed a lot. It was relaxing and there were others there who came by themselves so I didn't feel out of place at my friends house. I had a very nice time actually. Soooo if there are others at your Christmas party that are single talk to them and enjoy yourself. Peace and blessings.

Dec 10th 2012 new

Cheer up! Worse than going alone is going with someone you don't want to be with! Work parties solo are the best! I don't care if everyone in the room is paired off. My motto is, "I fly solo!" Show some confidence! At your tender young age, you aren't required to be paired off.

Years ago, I had the best boss and he was taking us to a nice dinner. He asked me to get a date. I'd do anything for this man - except get a date! I told him if he needed symmetry at his table to figure it out himself. Well, he invited a single man who we had known for years and we all had the very best night laughing and carrying on. It was our last time all together. The same man passed away not long after that! Big shock. Find happiness where you can!

Dec 10th 2012 new
(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Josephine -- some company Christmas parties involve so much drinking that hardly anyone will remember if you had ...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Josephine -- some company Christmas parties involve so much drinking that hardly anyone will remember if you had a date with you or not.

It sounds like the kind of party where you want to arrive in time for the company-paid dinner, and leave shortly after the mustic starts. If you bring a serious date to this kind of gathering both of you might be uncomfortable, or, even worse, he might think you condone such a wild event. If the parties get that far out of hand, do you even want to go?

Yeah -- I know -- you feel obligated. Make the best of it and try to extricate yourself from the debris as soon as you can.

--hide--

Thanks Ray. Its all good and I will stay a little while. I will know a lot of people there and will make the best of it. Its just a bit embarrassing to go year after year without a date when everyone will pretty much be coupled off.
Dec 11th 2012 new

Ely:

Personally, I wouldn't think about it too much and just have fun. Go out there and be the life of the party. Heck, go out with your friends afterwards and let everyone see what they're missing. Stay positive and focus on happy thoughts.

By the way, someone will sweep you off your feet. You never see it coming and that's what makes it so fun :)

Posts 11 - 19 of 19