Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: (Quote) Victor-544727 said: While the fora serve a useful c...
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said:

Quote:
Victor-544727 said:

While the fora serve a useful communal and social purpose it's no secret that those who participate in the fora on a regular basis, as opposed to those who do not, experience a much lower rate of success in finding a potential mate than those who do not. Personally. in the 3 years that I've been on this site, I've seen more done in this fora that discourages people to pursue relationships than encourage, particularly when directed at new members/posters.

Let's face reality here for a minute. By and large, aside from the prayer room, this fora is an incubator of negativity, bitterness, and anger. Very little in the way of positive expression permeates itself in this place anymore. In many cases those who attempt to inject positivity in here are quickly ganged-up on and completely run over by those who use the fora as their personal shooting range.

For some who post in here, and have for years, the fora has become their bad marriage. As unfortunate and unfair as that comparison may seem, the parallels are striking. They're unhappy with their present state and surroundings, but either cannot or will not do what is necessary to improve their circumstance. Rather, they project their unhappiness unto everyone who crosses their paths. I hard for these people because they've been so unhappy for so long that they don't even recognize it anymore.

Just my

I'm taking this to heart. i wont be back in this room

--hide--

ThIS SHOWS HOW inappropriate Victors comment is- if it gets persons to say they are not returning. THIs is NOT OK. NOT OK. NOT!!!!!

Where are the moderators? HOW MANY DO WE NEEED? sadLoretta YOU ARE WELCOME HERE

Victor that is just UGLY!

Dec 8th 2012 new

major dittos my brother.

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: (Quote) David-364112 said: So, it's all up to the man? ...
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said:

Quote:
David-364112 said:

So, it's all up to the man? Whenever something doesn't work out it's because HE dropped the ball?? It can never be the other way around - i.e. HER doing?

There are plenty of wonderful marriagable women on CM. Moreso than any other dating site. But you won't find many of them on the forums. I'm starting to believe that this is the damaged floor models section of the furniture store. The marriageable women find a man, fallin love, and marry him. Those who are consitutionally incapable of sharing theirlives with ANYONE sit around carping and scolding men. I'm so fed up with that attitude many here espouse. Not you - you're always fair and never mean-spirited. But many women on these forums are pirahnas.

Gees David, OUCH... I try to use this portion of this site to convey who I am and let men see me. I really hope that I'm not the damaged floor model but maybe I'm too close to the forrest to see the trees

--hide--

YOU are NOT a damaged floor model Loretta! That is a very inappropriate post.

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) William-848056 said: Yes, the analogy of the bridegroom and bride is accurate. However, as mentioned earlier the con...
(Quote) William-848056 said:

Yes, the analogy of the bridegroom and bride is accurate. However, as mentioned earlier the consequences of the woman refusing causes much strife. If she noticed the rejection, then she too had a high probabilty of giving rejection unless she saw my proficiency of dancing already. Then I go back and dance with a woman who has a son older than me.

if I ask a woman out for a date or an innocent coffee trip after she would in my opinion flirt heavily (may be she is just generous), she would act horrified, then leave the social event never to come back to that dance club or social group. It has happen to my friends before; it appears some women are being fake and enjoy flirting until you call her out.

--hide--

Will I agree with all that you said, I'm just like you in all those ways. I ask women to dance and to date and I may get some but our age group women are overly protective, self conscious and have it ingrained that they will do anything and buy anything they want even if they want to dance or be the bride. I challenge ladies to break free and accept the first date, why not, don't think about it and have a good time. Especially if the guy pays and you make more dough than him.

Jason

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Jason-862068 said: (Quote) William-848056 said: Yes, the analogy of the bridegroom and bride ...
(Quote) Jason-862068 said:

Quote:
William-848056 said:

Yes, the analogy of the bridegroom and bride is accurate. However, as mentioned earlier the consequences of the woman refusing causes much strife. If she noticed the rejection, then she too had a high probabilty of giving rejection unless she saw my proficiency of dancing already. Then I go back and dance with a woman who has a son older than me.

if I ask a woman out for a date or an innocent coffee trip after she would in my opinion flirt heavily (may be she is just generous), she would act horrified, then leave the social event never to come back to that dance club or social group. It has happen to my friends before; it appears some women are being fake and enjoy flirting until you call her out.

Will I agree with all that you said, I'm just like you in all those ways. I ask women to dance and to date and I may get some but our age group women are overly protective, self conscious and have it ingrained that they will do anything and buy anything they want even if they want to dance or be the bride. I challenge ladies to break free and accept the first date, why not, don't think about it and have a good time. Especially if the guy pays and you make more dough than him.

Jason

--hide--

Women who hang out in groups are harder to approach for anyone. You are RIGHT to challenge them. I hope they will respond to it. I never went out in groups of women...if that means any thing...

Lets get some perspective here.

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: (Quote) Loretta-678584 said: (Quote) Victor-544727 said:
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Quote:
Loretta-678584 said:

Quote:
Victor-544727 said:

While the fora serve a useful communal and social purpose it's no secret that those who participate in the fora on a regular basis, as opposed to those who do not, experience a much lower rate of success in finding a potential mate than those who do not. Personally. in the 3 years that I've been on this site, I've seen more done in this fora that discourages people to pursue relationships than encourage, particularly when directed at new members/posters.

Let's face reality here for a minute. By and large, aside from the prayer room, this fora is an incubator of negativity, bitterness, and anger. Very little in the way of positive expression permeates itself in this place anymore. In many cases those who attempt to inject positivity in here are quickly ganged-up on and completely run over by those who use the fora as their personal shooting range.

For some who post in here, and have for years, the fora has become their bad marriage. As unfortunate and unfair as that comparison may seem, the parallels are striking. They're unhappy with their present state and surroundings, but either cannot or will not do what is necessary to improve their circumstance. Rather, they project their unhappiness unto everyone who crosses their paths. I hard for these people because they've been so unhappy for so long that they don't even recognize it anymore.

Just my

I'm taking this to heart. i wont be back in this room

ThIS SHOWS HOW inappropriate Victors comment is- if it gets persons to say they are not returning. THIs is NOT OK. NOT OK. NOT!!!!!

Where are the moderators? HOW MANY DO WE NEEED? Loretta YOU ARE WELCOME HERE

Victor that is just UGLY!

--hide--
I know you are trying to champion me and I appreciate that but here is the deal.... I think Victor is right! Being in the fora alot is a waste of time! Out of all the encounters that I HAVE HAD ON THIS SITE... NONE of them have been initiated because of the fora! I think the reality is dead on! The fora at large is a waste of time on this site. The majority of people on this site do NOT COME IN HERE! I'm fishing in a low stocked pond in here! Mostof the men are out there...not in here! What the heck are we doing ladies? Quit coming in here! For that matter gentlemen... you need to quit too! The majority of women are NOT IN HERE! They are out there... learning about the site. They hardly even are aware of this facet! I think Victor is dead on! If some guy I find OUT THERE wants to know me and how I think... HE can view my responses in here but I BET the guy who will be mine... isn't in here! HE IS OUT THERE IN THE SEARCHES LOOKING FOR ME WHILE I'M IN HERE WRITING IN THE FORA! Stupid Stupid Stupid!!!! the majority of my time... will NOT BE IN HERE! IT IS SIMPLY A WASTE OF TIME

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Susie-550311 said: Pat, In addition to the one you posted, I read this one and thought it was also worth ment...
(Quote) Susie-550311 said:

Pat,

In addition to the one you posted, I read this one and thought it was also worth mentioning. Good stuff.

www.boundless.org

--hide--

Thank you Pat and Susie, for introducing me to this webzine. In today's day and age, with so much toxic stuff on tv (at the movies) it's hard to find good, healthy, spiritual advice about who men should be, who women should be, what a marriage should look like, etc. Very helpful for not only myself, but for my teenage kids. thumbsup Good stuff ladies.

From another article, one which I will share with my teenage son and daughters since there is such a need to help define what a Godly man looks like/acts like www.boundless.org

The Marks of Manhood:

When does a boy become a man? The answer to this must go far beyond biology and chronological age. As defined in the Bible, manhood is a functional reality, demonstrated in a man's fulfillment of responsibility and leadership.

With this in mind, let me suggest 13 marks of biblical manhood. The achievement of these vital qualities marks the emergence of a man who will demonstrate true biblical masculinity.

1. Spiritual maturity sufficient to lead a wife and children.

2. Personal maturity sufficient to be a responsible husband and father.

3. Economic maturity sufficient to hold an adult job and handle money.

4. Physical maturity sufficient to work and protect a family.

5. Sexual maturity sufficient to marry and fulfill God's purposes.

6. Moral maturity sufficient to lead as example of righteousness.

7. Ethical maturity sufficient to make responsible decisions.

8. Worldview maturity sufficient to understand what is really important.

9. Relational maturity sufficient to understand and respect others.

10. Social maturity sufficient to make a contribution to society.

11. Verbal maturity sufficient to communicate and articulate as a man.

12. Character maturity sufficient to demonstrate courage under fire.

13. Biblical maturity sufficient to lead at some level in the church.

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Thelly-924470 said: I am entering late into this debate, although it is so interesting. My experience where I live (...
(Quote) Thelly-924470 said:

I am entering late into this debate, although it is so interesting. My experience where I live (Poland) is that men do not initiate, they tend to wait for some sort of encouragement from women - mostly, I suppose, some hint that the girl likes him first. This leads nowhere of course.

So, in view of the above, let me reply from the point of view of a woman to the initial question quoted from the article: "You ought to initiate without the girl prompting you to do so, because otherwise your potential future wife will never in her life with you be sure if you really liked h e r the way she was, w h o she was etc, but you liked the fact that she liked you or you thought she liked you, which in short means you liked yourself being flattered by her liking of you or supposed liking of you".

I wonder what gentlemen might think about it...

God bless to All!

Thel

--hide--

Thel,

OK then when you come to Kentucky look me up as a potential spouse. biggrin

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Jason-862068 said: Will I agree with all that you said, I'm just like you in all those ways. I ask wome...
(Quote) Jason-862068 said:

Jason

--hide--

Well..I knew it was only a matter of time.. We've been accused of bringing men to their knees and telling them to pound sand.. Now we're golddiggers taking advantage of his financial position..

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Well..I knew it was only a matter of time.. We've been accused of bringing men to their kn...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Well..I knew it was only a matter of time.. We've been accused of bringing men to their knees and telling them to pound sand.. Now we're golddiggers taking advantage of his financial position..

--hide--

It figures! Women can't even decide how they want to inflict torture on us poor guys!

wink

Posts 151 - 160 of 200