Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: (Quote) David-364112 said: Bingo!! Paul must've hit a raw...
(Quote) Nancy-632072 said:

Quote:
David-364112 said:

Bingo!! Paul must've hit a raw nerve ther ebecause you ladies have thumbs downed hiscomment to death.

Did you ladies ever think that maybe men ARE initiating things - but with other women who have more welcoming demeanors and less dour dispositions??

It is called communication David - if a man is pursuing someone else why can't they let others know. Nope instead they play games - keep adding pictures , keep sprucing up their profiles and they keep looking. Why can't a man just concentrate on one at a time - no they keep looking for an upgrade. This pattern has become very hurtful for me and others on here. Right now I am listening to a CD called "The Seven Levels of Intimacy" everyone on here should listen to this - very good.

--hide--

Ms. Nancy,

OH!! What tangled webs we weave. You piranha you. You all want dates and then when the evening is over, we don't care to walk you to the door. Throw us to the ground and then step on our privates. What's up with that? I can communicate it is just some speak a different dialect of English. Listen to David. He knows the score. laughing

For the newer posters, Nancy and I at times just jive with each other. It is all in fun, nothing serious, nothing bad intended.

That being said, how are you doing? Any dates this weekend? Coming to Texas soon or Houston? I am still here. Remember what David said about the vine!!! laughing laughing

I wish you a great weekend.

Your grandpa down south,

Blessings always, Praying hug rose wave

Leon

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: Well David......the whole point is, clueless or not, your gender is being called to ...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

Well David......the whole point is, clueless or not, your gender is being called to step up to the plate.

The author of the article points out:

"I don’t think you should need to know in advance that a woman is interested before you ask her out. I think it is part of our job as men to risk rejection and be the initiators of dates and dating relationships, and if you wait until she has gone out on a limb and made her interest known, you’re asking her to take the risk instead of taking it on yourself."

...just sayin'

--hide--
So thumbsup for this, Wendy!

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Ms. Nancy,OH!! What tangled webs we weave. You piranha you. You all want dates and...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Ms. Nancy,

OH!! What tangled webs we weave. You piranha you. You all want dates and then when the evening is over, we don't care to walk you to the door. Throw us to the ground and then step on our privates. What's up with that? I can communicate it is just some speak a different dialect of English. Listen to David. He knows the score.

For the newer posters, Nancy and I at times just jive with each other. It is all in fun, nothing serious, nothing bad intended.

That being said, how are you doing? Any dates this weekend? Coming to Texas soon or Houston? I am still here. Remember what David said about the vine!!!

Your grandpa down south,

Blessings always,

Leon

--hide--
Hi Leon wave

Exactly !! laughing laughing

I am doing great - yee haw. No dates this weekend - going to a dinner tonight with my singles group. Tomorrow I am going to the Daughtry concrt with a girlfriend and working at GAP Kids on Sunday. Two months from today I am heading to Tampa ::ticket is bought:: to see and meet in person one of the most handsome, kind and loving man I have met on CM. I think I will make a paper chain and take a link off each day until I only have one left. Leon I think you need to go into the man cave and straighten these guys out on here - tell them to get with the program.

So Leon - having any luck out there in the dating world or are the wimmins the same as the others (boys are smelly).

Love and hug hug 's from Minnesota
Fancy

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: (Quote) David-364112 said: Bingo!! Paul must've hit a raw...

Quote:
David-364112 said:

Bingo!! Paul must've hit a raw nerve ther ebecause you ladies have thumbs downed hiscomment to death.

Did you ladies ever think that maybe men ARE initiating things - but with other women who have more welcoming demeanors and less dour dispositions??

It is called communication David - if a man is pursuing someone else why can't they let others know. Nope instead they play games - keep adding pictures , keep sprucing up their profiles and they keep looking. Why can't a man just concentrate on one at a time - no they keep looking for an upgrade. This pattern has become very hurtful for me and others on here. Right now I am listening to a CD called "The Seven Levels of Intimacy" everyone on here should listen to this - very good.

--hide--

Nancy,

Now that you have listened to the Seven Levels of Intimacy, which do you think is the most important and why? Inquiring minds want to know.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Dec 7th 2012 new

I hear what you are saying, Pat and I hear what the article is saying. I do have to agree with the comments posted by men so far and feel at times that we are in a double bind, aka damned if we do and damned if we don't. And with the internet as an added element, it makes rejection by omission a lot easier. To articulate the double bind, it kind of goes like this: If I approach woment with an air of sincerity in expressing my interest, I'm deemed "desperate." If I have an air of nonchalance, I'm "arrogant" and "an uncaring womanizer," or a "player." Many women out there don't know what they want so they put these labels on me and other men because they (I believe) cannot comprehend or fathom that a genuinely nice man has approached them and is interested in a date.
Sometimes, my darker side (I guess Jung would call this "the shadow") emerges and concludes that modern women at times want it both ways--they want the men to lead, but not too much, and they won't communicate where they want the men to take the helm and where they should be egalitarian, which in turn feeds the stereotype that men are low in emotional intelligence and fear commitment. But that's my darker side, which doesn't surface too often...

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Nancy,Now that you have listened to the Seven Levels of Intimacy, which do you thi...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Nancy,

Now that you have listened to the Seven Levels of Intimacy, which do you think is the most important and why? Inquiring minds want to know.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--
I am still listening to it - there is a lot of stuff to cover - I'll get back to you and show you how it is done Battling eyelashes

Dec 7th 2012 new
I don't play games with women, Nancy. But if I had waited days, sometimes weeks, for a woman to respond, do you really think I should wait more before communicating with another woman? (*shrug*)
Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Ms. Nancy,OH!! What tangled webs...

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Ms. Nancy,

OH!! What tangled webs we weave. You piranha you. You all want dates and then when the evening is over, we don't care to walk you to the door. Throw us to the ground and then step on our privates. What's up with that? I can communicate it is just some speak a different dialect of English. Listen to David. He knows the score.

That being said, how are you doing? Any dates this weekend? Coming to Texas soon or Houston? I am still here. Remember what David said about the vine!!!

Your grandpa down south,

Blessings always,

Leon

Hi Leon

Exactly !!

I am doing great - yee haw. No dates this weekend - going to a dinner tonight with my singles group. Tomorrow I am going to the Daughtry concrt with a girlfriend and working at GAP Kids on Sunday. Two months from today I am heading to Tampa ticket is bought to see and meet in person one of the most handsome, kind and loving man I have met on CM. I think I will make a paper chain and take a link off each day until I only have one left. Leon I think you need to go into the man cave and straighten these guys out on here - tell them to get with the program.

So Leon - having any luck out there in the dating world or are the wimmins the same as the others (boys are smelly).

Love and 's from Minnesota
Fancy

--hide--

Hello Ms. Fancy Nancy,

Sounds as if you have a fun weekend planned. My gosh, already have a date scheduled two months in advance? Am I hearing the words Valentine's Day? Be sure and post photos of your ring.

I am afraid some mens in the Cave are beyond my scope of understanding. You know how some of these guys are - some have never been married but claim to know the score.

Me personally - I have been called many things but never smelly. laughing About a month ago, went to a brunch after Sunday Mass from a lady at church. I then discover she has not applied for an annulment and you know this guy does not go there. Heck, I might fall in love and have to be married in a Protestant church. Not for this Texan. Truth be known - I am not as popular as you. You have a better looking hairdo and facial features. However, I am the eternal optimist. I prayer to God for many things but when it comes to finding someone, He expects me to get my butt in gear and get to looking. Unlike animals, He gave each of us a brain to think with and make wise choices. He has bigger things to consider other than finding a mate for this Texan. I will keep looking. Maybe even find someone in H town.

In the meantime, I am going to deliver my profile to some of the administrators of the assisted living areas and see if I get any takers. laughing

Enjoy your weekend and glad to hear you are so upbeat.

Love and hugs from grandpa, Praying hug rose

Leon

Dec 7th 2012 new

After reading all the negative remarks in this thread, (men & women) I think it would truly be a miracle if ANYONE on here ever communicated with each other, much less get a date.

As I posted in another thread (Single Life) I am by nature a VERY positive upbeat person, but I must say all this negativity by both genders leaves me feeling very discouraged that anything positive will come from my membership on CM. Dove

Dec 7th 2012 new

And this is exactly one of the main reasons I am choosing to allow my membership to lapse. There is a great deal of negativity, anger and pure bitterness. It's sad. sad

Posts 51 - 60 of 200