Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: So, it's all up to the man? Whenever something doesn't work out it's bec...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

So, it's all up to the man? Whenever something doesn't work out it's because HE dropped the ball?? It can never be the other way around - i.e. HER doing?

There are plenty of wonderful marriagable women on CM. Moreso than any other dating site. But you won't find many of them on the forums. I'm starting to believe that this is the damaged floor models section of the furniture store. The marriageable women find a man, fallin love, and marry him. Those who are consitutionally incapable of sharing theirlives with ANYONE sit around carping and scolding men. I'm so fed up with that attitude many here espouse. Not you - you're always fair and never mean-spirited. But many women on these forums are pirahnas.

--hide--

The man keeps the ball moving forward toward the goal line (marriage)..So yes, there many instances where the man drops the ball when he stops communicating with a woman who is very interested.. I've seen the posts in the Pink Room a thousand times.. "I am really interested in this guy and we had a great time when we went out, but he's stopped writing. What should I do?"

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-302787 said: I don't play games with women, Nancy. But if I had waited days, sometimes weeks, for a woman to respo...
(Quote) Paul-302787 said: I don't play games with women, Nancy. But if I had waited days, sometimes weeks, for a woman to respond, do you really think I should wait more before communicating with another woman? (*shrug*)
--hide--
No Paul I do not - what I am talking about is when you have established some meaningful communication adn you think both of you are discerning a relationship with each other - this is what I am talking about. I myself will send several communications to more than one guy until I start a mutual interest with one - then the rest do not matter.

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-302787 said: About responding to chat requests: I can ask the same of women-why not respond to a reque...
(Quote) Paul-302787 said:

About responding to chat requests:

I can ask the same of women-why not respond to a request for chats? Or are women the only ones who get the chance to reject, whereas men have to accept every piece of correspondence? (*shrug*)
--hide--

It depends on if it's a 'cold chat'.. Women DO NOT like to get an invitation to chat from someone that hasn't made some kind of previous communication.. As weird as it may seem to you there are men, even on here, that want to get in a chat and start making suggestive remarks.. Scammers also often want to go straight to chat so they can offer their off-site email.. Women are really leery of getting into this situation..Unfortuantely all the rest of you men are paying the price for the ones that want to take advantage of a woman..

I accept all chats because a request to chat is often followed by a question about site use.. I never get chat requests from somebody that is interested in ME.. tongue

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: After reading all the negative remarks in this thread, (men & women) I think it would truly b...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

After reading all the negative remarks in this thread, (men & women) I think it would truly be a miracle if ANYONE on here ever communicated with each other, much less get a date.

As I posted in another thread (Single Life) I am by nature a VERY positive upbeat person, but I must say all this negativity by both genders leaves me feeling very discouraged that anything positive will come from my membership on CM.

--hide--

While the fora serve a useful communal and social purpose it's no secret that those who participate in the fora on a regular basis, as opposed to those who do not, experience a much lower rate of success in finding a potential mate than those who do not. Personally. in the 3 years that I've been on this site, I've seen more done in this fora that discourages people to pursue relationships than encourage, particularly when directed at new members/posters.

Let's face reality here for a minute. By and large, aside from the prayer room, this fora is an incubator of negativity, bitterness, and anger. Very little in the way of positive expression permeates itself in this place anymore. In many cases those who attempt to inject positivity in here are quickly ganged-up on and completely run over by those who use the fora as their personal shooting range.

For some who post in here, and have for years, the fora has become their bad marriage. As unfortunate and unfair as that comparison may seem, the parallels are striking. They're unhappy with their present state and surroundings, but either cannot or will not do what is necessary to improve their circumstance. Rather, they project their unhappiness unto everyone who crosses their paths. I Praying hard for these people because they've been so unhappy for so long that they don't even recognize it anymore.

Just my two cents

theheart

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Many women do not like chats and would rather correspond in emails. Those take more time ...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Many women do not like chats and would rather correspond in emails. Those take more time but it can be a better indicator of more. Many women do not want to chat with someone who is just impulsively asking and has not read their profile. Many women dislike the chat feature and would prefer a more time intensive (but not tied down,) structured communication.

--hide--

Very good point about reading the profile.. There are 'people' who go through the 'Who is Online' category and randomly ask others to chat without even looking at the profile.. Not saying Paul is doing that, but women get in the habit of just refusing ALL chat requests rather than pick and choose..It's a safety issue for us..

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Bingo!! Paul must've hit a raw nerve ther ebecause you ladies have thumbs downed...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Bingo!! Paul must've hit a raw nerve ther ebecause you ladies have thumbs downed hiscomment to death.

Did you ladies ever think that maybe men ARE initiating things - but with other women who have more welcoming demeanors and less dour dispositions??

--hide--

Ummm..You can't see the thumbs downs.. He is to the good from what I see..

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: While the fora serve a useful communal and social purpose it's no secret that t...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

While the fora serve a useful communal and social purpose it's no secret that those who participate in the fora on a regular basis, as opposed to those who do not, experience a much lower rate of success in finding a potential mate than those who do not. Personally. in the 3 years that I've been on this site, I've seen more done in this fora that discourages people to pursue relationships than encourage, particularly when directed at new members/posters.

Let's face reality here for a minute. By and large, aside from the prayer room, this fora is an incubator of negativity, bitterness, and anger. Very little in the way of positive expression permeates itself in this place anymore. In many cases those who attempt to inject positivity in here are quickly ganged-up on and completely run over by those who use the fora as their personal shooting range.

For some who post in here, and have for years, the fora has become their bad marriage. As unfortunate and unfair as that comparison may seem, the parallels are striking. They're unhappy with their present state and surroundings, but either cannot or will not do what is necessary to improve their circumstance. Rather, they project their unhappiness unto everyone who crosses their paths. I hard for these people because they've been so unhappy for so long that they don't even recognize it anymore.

Just my

--hide--
Victor, your post is worth far more than two cents. hug clap Bow highfive thumbsup

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Hello Ms. Fancy Nancy,Sounds as if you have a fun weekend planned. My gosh, alread...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Hello Ms. Fancy Nancy,

Sounds as if you have a fun weekend planned. My gosh, already have a date scheduled two months in advance? Am I hearing the words Valentine's Day? Be sure and post photos of your ring.

I am afraid some mens in the Cave are beyond my scope of understanding. You know how some of these guys are - some have never been married but claim to know the score.

Me personally - I have been called many things but never smelly. About a month ago, went to a brunch after Sunday Mass from a lady at church. I then discover she has not applied for an annulment and you know this guy does not go there. Heck, I might fall in love and have to be married in a Protestant church. Not for this Texan. Truth be known - I am not as popular as you. You have a better looking hairdo and facial features. However, I am the eternal optimist. I prayer to God for many things but when it comes to finding someone, He expects me to get my butt in gear and get to looking. Unlike animals, He gave each of us a brain to think with and make wise choices. He has bigger things to consider other than finding a mate for this Texan. I will keep looking. Maybe even find someone in H town.

In the meantime, I am going to deliver my profile to some of the administrators of the assisted living areas and see if I get any takers.

Enjoy your weekend and glad to hear you are so upbeat.

Love and hugs from grandpa,

Leon

--hide--

Did the lady from church look at you with a blank stare and ask.."Annulment??? What's that??" laughing

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: While the fora serve a useful communal and social purpose it's no secret that t...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

For some who post in here, and have for years, the fora has become their bad marriage. As unfortunate and unfair as that comparison may seem, the parallels are striking. They're unhappy with their present state and surroundings, but either cannot or will not do what is necessary to improve their circumstance. Rather, they project their unhappiness unto everyone who crosses their paths. I hard for these people because they've been so unhappy for so long that they don't even recognize it anymore.

Just my

--hide--

Personally, I have seen a high degree of success among forum posters meeting in here and getting married.. Much of my list in the Wedding Prep room were Forum posters unless the names were given to me by a family member.. I much prefer to communicate with other posters.. Communicating with those that don't is like meeting somebody in the grocery store to me.

Dec 7th 2012 new

clap clap clap Hats off!!! Thank you for the honesty! heart

Posts 61 - 70 of 200