Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Maggie-918313 said: Enjoy hurting people? Oh Bill...who are these horrid women? Any why would you or an...
(Quote) Maggie-918313 said:

Enjoy hurting people? Oh Bill...who are these horrid women? Any why would you or anyone else want to bother with them?

As a comparatively older woman, I find that while I can initiate a conversation, I prefer the man to take the lead. The older we are, the more old-fashioned we tend to be, I suppose. There are exceptions, I'm sure.

--hide--

There you have it.. Many of us keep saying over and over we want the man to take the lead and they keep coming back and telling us they are being rejected.. THEY ARE NOT CONTACTING ME.. I don't even remember the last time I gave somebody the heave ho.. Kinda hard to do that when NOBODY shows INTEREST..

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) BIll-154597 said: Another factor for a man, is trying to initiate worth it? In some cases, it is not just a turn dow...
(Quote) BIll-154597 said:

Another factor for a man, is trying to initiate worth it? In some cases, it is not just a turn down but a woman may have to tell people and justify her decsion by listing the negative things about the man. I was reading an article about why men will not date women at the church that they attend. This church was Presbyterian but could apply to Catholic Parishes. Several men felt that just asking out a woman could demand your status in your church to the point of needing to leave that church.

--hide--

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? O-M-G You don't want to find someone in your own parish.. But then LDR's are out of the question because a man can't think of travelling to meet someone..GOOD GRIEF

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Erin-419365 said: Thank you Pat for posting this great topic. My experience has been that generally if I initiate contact, ...
(Quote) Erin-419365 said: Thank you Pat for posting this great topic. My experience has been that generally if I initiate contact, it goes nowhere. I've always known deep down in my heart that the man for me, is a man who is bold and knows what he wants and goes for it....he won't let the fear of rejection stop him because that kind of man has the self confidence to know that if a woman rejects him, it's not the end of the world and he will dust himself off and set his sights on the next woman that he finds attractive. That being said, the woman needs to respond in a charitable way, recognizing the courage it takes to initiate contact. Just my 2 cents.
--hide--

Thank you very much, Erin. Your post is very fair on this subject.

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Help us out. If you're interested in a guy LET HIM KNOW. We're clueless. You'll withe...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Help us out. If you're interested in a guy LET HIM KNOW. We're clueless. You'll wither on the vine waiting for him to realise you like him and come after you.

--hide--

Some women, myself included, are clueless as well. I've told friends or family of different situations with men I've been in and they'll tell me "oh, he was interested in you." And my thought was "<insert long pause here> Huh. I think you may be right." So don't go monopolizing cluelessness, okay? wink

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: The people who are here to get married, are truly serious about it, find their match and leav...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

The people who are here to get married, are truly serious about it, find their match and leave.

--hide--

Exactly,which is why I am here - to see if there is a lady serious about a meaningful relationship. Most of my past residences have been in small towns ( <50, 000). Now that I know I will be around in my town I will focus on meeting her in person. Some women users have told me that a man on this service already has a mark against him. My profile purpose has been changed to Fellowship Only. I have gotten 3 replies out of 30+ sent messages (1 no thank you), (1 MIA after first reply), (1 welcome to town). I rather know now than later. This service helps to identify women who are not serious in getting to know me if case I met her in person. Love holds not bruises - she will know that I seek fellowship with her at first.

Back to the original question of this thread: I would not ask it like that. > How as a man does initiating give God glory? Jesus defeated every sin, he must have been rejected too at least once :) Dancing helps.

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Hello Ms. Fancy Nancy,Sounds as i...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Hello Ms. Fancy Nancy,

Sounds as if you have a fun weekend planned. My gosh, already have a date scheduled two months in advance? Am I hearing the words Valentine's Day? Be sure and post photos of your ring.

I am afraid some mens in the Cave are beyond my scope of understanding. You know how some of these guys are - some have never been married but claim to know the score.

Me personally - I have been called many things but never smelly. About a month ago, went to a brunch after Sunday Mass from a lady at church. I then discover she has not applied for an annulment and you know this guy does not go there. Heck, I might fall in love and have to be married in a Protestant church. Not for this Texan. Truth be known - I am not as popular as you. You have a better looking hairdo and facial features. However, I am the eternal optimist. I prayer to God for many things but when it comes to finding someone, He expects me to get my butt in gear and get to looking. Unlike animals, He gave each of us a brain to think with and make wise choices. He has bigger things to consider other than finding a mate for this Texan. I will keep looking. Maybe even find someone in H town.

In the meantime, I am going to deliver my profile to some of the administrators of the assisted living areas and see if I get any takers.

Enjoy your weekend and glad to hear you are so upbeat.

Love and hugs from grandpa,

Leon

Did the lady from church look at you with a blank stare and ask.."Annulment??? What's that??"

--hide--

Donna,

No, she did not say that but told me for some reason she thought I would get around to asking that question. She felt since she was divorced and could receive the usual sacraments (true) she did not feel the need for one. I asked if she wishes to remarry one day in the Catholic church. She said yes. After she mentioned the details of the divorce, I stated she would need to complete the full petition. I guess she did not feel the sense of urgency. It was however a nice 2 plus hours. So, one never knows who or what is lurking during the Mass. laughing

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Dec 7th 2012 new

"He who finds a wife finds a good thing And obtains favor from the LORD." Proverbs 18:22.

Dec 7th 2012 new

Geesh! I am new to CM and I have sent many, many "Hi!" or an emoticon with a message or attempted to chat and I have received 4---yep---4 replies in 2 months. I am beginning to think that there is something wrong with me.

It seems to me that if we are on this site to try to initiate friendships, then a "reply" should be assumed! Or are some that critical of profiles that they cannot at least send a response?

I am frustrated and would love to see some men "reply" or even initiate!:) communication. It took me weeks to get up the nerve to try this online match "thing" and now I am feeling worse than before when I was just wondering if anybody would be interested...

I have not read the article mentioned yet, but I will and I am sure I will agree with the topic:)

Dec 7th 2012 new
Happy for you Marian. Hope everything goes well with this guy. I do agree that we can show in less subtle ways that we are interested in a guy, even a big smile from across the room or a warm greeting when he is close enough. Wait a minute.... isn't that initiating;)
Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Josephine-611497 said: Happy for you Marian. Hope everything goes well with this guy. I do agree that we can show in less s...
(Quote) Josephine-611497 said: Happy for you Marian. Hope everything goes well with this guy. I do agree that we can show in less subtle ways that we are interested in a guy, even a big smile from across the room or a warm greeting when he is close enough. Wait a minute.... isn't that initiating;)
--hide--

THANK You. As far as I know and to the best of my knowledge this guy considers me a friend. I don't know anything further. I really cannot gather more information nor do I intend to. I think he only sees me as a friend. However what I did is good practice for showing someone some warmth.

Posts 81 - 90 of 200