Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: You must sign in before expressing interest in this event.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Dec 10th 2012 new

All of your posts are so wonderful and help me! I really want to thank yo all for posting! Michele biggrin

Dec 10th 2012 new

I truely understand. I lost my husband in Jan 1,2007 and the ftrst year was hard. We are always told it will get better and easier with time so I expected it to be easier but it was actually worse. I am not sure why but I think it is because I expected it to be easier.

Dec 11th 2012 new
Wow nicely put Elizabeth! I'm going to do that list. It has been 16 months since my husband of 36 years passed away after a very difficult 15 months. This second Christmas IS much more difficult and I do think because last year the pain was such a gut wrenching pain I was on autopilot. Thank you for the new "perspective"!
Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Rose-916780 said: Wow nicely put Elizabeth! I'm going to do that list. It has been 16 months since my husband of 36 yea...
(Quote) Rose-916780 said: Wow nicely put Elizabeth! I'm going to do that list. It has been 16 months since my husband of 36 years passed away after a very difficult 15 months. This second Christmas IS much more difficult and I do think because last year the pain was such a gut wrenching pain I was on autopilot. Thank you for the new "perspective"!
--hide--

Thank you for the compliment, Rose. I hope it will help you. I find if I am working toward something the process is easier. I hope life will get easier. The pain can be so extreme. Maybe we can all pray for each other that we can focus on the joy of Christmas and help those who are having difficulty. God bless,

- Elizabeth

Dec 11th 2012 new

A great idea Elizabeth - to pray for each widow/widower who continues to experience the loss of their loved one in a stronger way during this time of year! Thanks! Praying

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Thank you for the compliment, Rose. I hope it will help you. I find if I am work...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Thank you for the compliment, Rose. I hope it will help you. I find if I am working toward something the process is easier. I hope life will get easier. The pain can be so extreme. Maybe we can all pray for each other that we can focus on the joy of Christmas and help those who are having difficulty. God bless,

- Elizabeth

--hide--
Hi Elizabeth, wave

I think you have a good idea in praying for each other. I know for me it's been four years since Bob passed, but some days it seems like yesterday. Today I was in the store and just started crying. I've been weepy for several days now. Some of this may have to do with friendship losses, the loss of my Mom this year, and just an overall feeling of loneliness. So yes, prayers would be much appreciated. sad

I will pray for all here as well. God bless us all. hug Praying rosary

Dec 11th 2012 new
(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Hi Elizabeth, I think you have a good idea in praying for each other. I know f...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Hi Elizabeth,

I think you have a good idea in praying for each other. I know for me it's been four years since Bob passed, but some days it seems like yesterday. Today I was in the store and just started crying. I've been weepy for several days now. Some of this may have to do with friendship losses, the loss of my Mom this year, and just an overall feeling of loneliness. So yes, prayers would be much appreciated.

I will pray for all here as well. God bless us all.

--hide--

Prayers for all those still grieving a loss of a loved one.... Praying Praying hug hug
Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Hi Elizabeth, I think you have a good idea in praying for each other. I know for ...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Hi Elizabeth,

I think you have a good idea in praying for each other. I know for me it's been four years since Bob passed, but some days it seems like yesterday. Today I was in the store and just started crying. I've been weepy for several days now. Some of this may have to do with friendship losses, the loss of my Mom this year, and just an overall feeling of loneliness. So yes, prayers would be much appreciated.

I will pray for all here as well. God bless us all.

--hide--

Hi Linda, wave

David has been gone for 6 years, and, thankfully, it has been almost two years since I cryed intensely. I think crying helped me heal. As you know, I live on the bluff. There were times during the first 4 years that I cryed so loud and so hard I thought it good that I lived on the mountain not near too many folks. Otherwise, I know if anyone heard they would have been beating on my door to see what they could do to help me.

So this year I think it will be great that we all pray for one another. One thing CM has done for me is help me realize that some of those who have divorced, especially if it were not their choice, are also hurting,too...especially during holidays. So I'll be including everyone who is lonely and hurting this Christmas.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Mom, Linda, and so glad you are here on CM. Your bright and cheery face makes all of us feel better.

- Elizabeth

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Michele-910064 said: A great idea Elizabeth - to pray for each widow/widower who continues to experience the loss of...
(Quote) Michele-910064 said:

A great idea Elizabeth - to pray for each widow/widower who continues to experience the loss of their loved one in a stronger way during this time of year! Thanks!

--hide--

You are welcome, Michele. And, thank you for starting such a wonderful thread.

- Elizabeth

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Michele-910064 said: A great idea Elizabeth - to pray for each widow/widower who continues to experience the loss of...
(Quote) Michele-910064 said:

A great idea Elizabeth - to pray for each widow/widower who continues to experience the loss of their loved one in a stronger way during this time of year! Thanks!

--hide--

You are welcome, Michele. And, thank you for starting such a wonderful thread.

- Elizabeth

Posts 11 - 20 of 46