Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Hi Linda, David has been gone for 6 years, and, thankfully, it has be...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Hi Linda,

David has been gone for 6 years, and, thankfully, it has been almost two years since I cryed intensely. I think crying helped me heal. As you know, I live on the bluff. There were times during the first 4 years that I cryed so loud and so hard I thought it good that I lived on the mountain not near too many folks. Otherwise, I know if anyone heard they would have been beating on my door to see what they could do to help me.

So this year I think it will be great that we all pray for one another. One thing CM has done for me is help me realize that some of those who have divorced, especially if it were not their choice, are also hurting,too...especially during holidays. So I'll be including everyone who is lonely and hurting this Christmas.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Mom, Linda, and so glad you are here on CM. Your bright and cheery face makes all of us feel better.

- Elizabeth

--hide--
Elizabeth, your post inspired me to start a prayer thread for ALL who are suffering losses, whether they be through divorce, family member, or spouse. We all have suffering and need to pray for each other.

Dec 11th 2012 new

I couldn't agree with you more, Michele! I lost my husband 2.5 years ago due to a motorcycle accident and Christmas is still very difficult for me. I visited the cemetary yesterday and starting yelling at my husband "I thought this was suppose to get easier with time!". It still sucks to be a young widow and raising 2 kids by myself but at the same time, I am so blessed. God has brought such good people into my life (including a great guy from CM) but I still have those low moments when I wish I could have my old life back. Just remember that God has a master plan for us and it is our job to trust that He knows exactly what He is doing! :-)

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Elizabeth, your post inspired me to start a prayer thread for ALL who are suffering losses, wheth...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Elizabeth, your post inspired me to start a prayer thread for ALL who are suffering losses, whether they be through divorce, family member, or spouse. We all have suffering and need to pray for each other.

--hide--

Great, I will look forward to reading your prayer thread, Linda.

- Elizabeth

Dec 12th 2012 new

Today is one of those harder days....I had such a hard day. My students and I watched "Gifts of the Magi" today. A Children's Theatre production....

I sometimes think I am getting along and then my feet are out from under me and I feel like lead! I've been crying at all the Christmas music to boot today! Silver Bells...O Holy Night....Let It Snow...all about love...the real gift we get from others!

I am so blessed to have a great family...but...the feelings wash over you at times!

I started crying while I was driving and just pulled over, cried and prayed for all widows and widowers missing their loved one today. It did help!

Dec 12th 2012 new

Sorry to hear that you had a bad day today, Michele! Mine was yesterday. I was corresponding with my brother-in-law via Facebook and he said something that really hit home. He reminded me that "I needed to give myself permission to be happy and not feel guilty." I hadn't thought about it but I do feel a tinge of guilt that I have started to move on. Our husbands will always hold a special place in our hearts . . . even when God sends us someone new to love! May you have peace as we celebrate the beautiful season of Christmas!

Dec 12th 2012 new

By the way, I don't think either one of us look old enough to be using that "W" word --- Widow! So let's just focus on the "young" part! biggrin

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Michele-910064 said: Hi All, I lost my husband of 25 years a year and a half ago...seems forever-seems like y...
(Quote) Michele-910064 said:

Hi All,

I lost my husband of 25 years a year and a half ago...seems forever-seems like yesterday. I'm just wondering if anyone has had it more dificult that second time through holidays. I don't remember too much about last years Christmas season, but I do know I did not seem as full of tears. Ornaments, decorations and songs all seem to "hurt" more this year.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

--hide--

I am so glad you started this thread.

I lost my wife at the end of May, 2011. The Holidays last year were subdued and I had no incentive to decorate, although I did set up a crib scene on the dining room counter. But I really did not feel bad at all. I guess I was still numb and overwhelmed trying to get everything settled.

So when I found myself crying the night before thanksgiving this year, I thought I was losing it.

Again, I feel no incentive to decorate. At the moment the dining room counter is covered with baking paraphernalia. So I may not even get around to putting up the nativity scene. But I am dreading the next few weeks.

Reading everyone's notes has helped me to realize I am not "losing it" and am just experiencing what appears to be a normal reaction.

So thanks to you for starting this tread and to everyone for sharing.

Dec 13th 2012 new
(Quote) Paul-866591 said: I am so glad you started this thread. I lost my wife at the end of May, 2011. The...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

I am so glad you started this thread.

I lost my wife at the end of May, 2011. The Holidays last year were subdued and I had no incentive to decorate, although I did set up a crib scene on the dining room counter. But I really did not feel bad at all. I guess I was still numb and overwhelmed trying to get everything settled.

So when I found myself crying the night before thanksgiving this year, I thought I was losing it.

Again, I feel no incentive to decorate. At the moment the dining room counter is covered with baking paraphernalia. So I may not even get around to putting up the nativity scene. But I am dreading the next few weeks.

Reading everyone's notes has helped me to realize I am not "losing it" and am just experiencing what appears to be a normal reaction.

So thanks to you for starting this tread and to everyone for sharing.

--hide--

I understand that, I lost my son May 13, 2011 and we had decorations last year but it was a lot less than normal. This year I bought a huge artificial tree for my new home and the tree is half decorated at this point. I have the Nativity my sister in law painted for me and my son when he was three and we were having our first Christmas in our new home - I haven't opened that box yet.... I have every intention of finishing my decorating tonight.....I will say decorating this year has been a healing process for me because I have been remembering the joy I once shared with my son. Last night I even attended the Christmas play at the church my son and I used to attend when he was in the plays....it was a comfort to my heart......
Dec 13th 2012 new

Last Christmas (the first holiday after my wife's death) was difficult, and I found it very difficult to do much in the way of decorating. This year, I want everything out. I want to help my three girls realize that life continues and that you can be happy and sad at the same time.

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Andrew-865848 said: .... you can be happy and sad at the same time.
(Quote) Andrew-865848 said:

.... you can be happy and sad at the same time.

--hide--

A great way to put it Andrew...

Posts 21 - 30 of 46