Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Dec 19th 2012 new
(Quote) Michele-910064 said: My son was 24 and I had to choose him. I hate it...it feels so wrong. Do yo...
(Quote) Michele-910064 said:

My son was 24 and I had to choose him. I hate it...it feels so wrong. Do you have children?

How about when you have to check your "marital status" and there is no "widowed" box...I refuse to check "single", so I make my own box next to the word "widowed" and then check it really big. :)lol

--hide--

No children. I do the same thing when there is no box for Widow/Widowed for marital status.
Dec 20th 2012 new

Brenda, I'm so deepy sorry for your loss. I can't even fathom.... can't go there. rosary theheart hug

Dec 20th 2012 new
(Quote) Maggie-7864 said: Brenda, I'm so deepy sorry for your loss. I can't even fathom.......
(Quote) Maggie-7864 said:

Brenda, I'm so deepy sorry for your loss. I can't even fathom.... can't go there.

--hide--

Thank you Maggie
Dec 21st 2012 new

One thing that has helped me is having a large memorial wreath in the living room. My tree is fake so to have a living memorial wreath brings me comfort. I fill it with all his favorite things, including honeymoon pictures and pictures of the kids. Christmas is always a bittersweet holiday without my spouse.

Our priest challenged us to find joy this week. I have to admit, in anticipation of my daughter's sixteenth birthday, I have found a lot of joy as I've been doing 16 surprises this week. Normally her birthday sets off feelings of lonliness as I remember how sweet it was seeing my husband as a father, with Holidays and his birthday all following right behind.

Love and prayers to you all.

Jan 29th 2013 new

If I could skip the months of November and December, I would be fine. I lost John 19 years ago, and I still have my moments. It doesn't take much to make me weepy. So many traditions died when he died and I find that rather sad. I think I mourned John's death more in the later years than at the time of his death. He was suffering so much I was ready to let him go. John always wanted a little girl, and now we have 3 granddaughters he never got to see. I miss that we never got to share the joy of being grandparents together.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

I've been widowed 14 years.

Years 1 and 2 were bad. Year 4 was bad. Year 10 was the worst.

It's a rollercoaster.

Posts 41 - 46 of 46