Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/09/2012 new

I never intentionally ignored anyone's messages or emotigrams. Not making any excuses here, but it is quite possible that at the time you messaged/emotigrammed me I was either temporarily away from CM or I was communicating with someone else. I'm sorry if I didn't respond to you as you would have liked me to. Normally, I respond to pretty much every message that I get. I'll be the first to admit I don't normally receive a lot of messages/emotigrams, but when I do I do my best to respond to each one of them.

Thank you all for your honesty!

12/09/2012 new

Don't we all ask that question?

Hairline issues? Some women like it, some don't. I have a headfull of hair, but at the time that I buzzed my hair and went bald, I actually had a pretty good amount of compliments from women, and some negative comments too. The same thing happened when I grew my hair back and kept it fairly long. I would want a woman who will take me with or without my hair laughing

12/09/2012 new

Jeff I read your profile. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I think that you have a nice profile. Don't be discouraged. There are many that feel as you do. I would say to pray, have faith and never give up hope. Keep sending out messages. You just never know.

12/09/2012 new

(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: I admittedly have not been on here in about a month because I was talking with someone outside of ...
(Quote) Jeff-406043 said:

I admittedly have not been on here in about a month because I was talking with someone outside of Catholic Match. Unfortunately, it fizzled out. So, I come back on here for the first time in weeks and notice that I have hardly gotten any responses. Is there something wrong with my profile? Seriously, I can take constructive criticism. Does it need improvement? Is my hairline a turn-off for some women? I'm sorry that I'm not better-looking?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

--hide--

Your profile picture, Jeff, even though you're smiling, is -- to me -- a little off-putting ... you're up too close to the camera ... back off a little bit, keep the smile but maybe not so intense ... just MHO.

fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy

12/09/2012 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Your profile picture, Jeff, even though you're smiling, is -- to me -- a little of...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Your profile picture, Jeff, even though you're smiling, is -- to me -- a little off-putting ... you're up too close to the camera ... back off a little bit, keep the smile but maybe not so intense ... just MHO. I don't agree with you MaryAlice. I think his picture is fine. It shows his lovely smile. He has other pictures on his profile that are not so close. I am just sayin...... that's my 2 cents.

--hide--

12/09/2012 new

(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: I did not intend it to be an invitation to a "pity party". I know that this is not what ...

I did not intend it to be an invitation to a "pity party". I know that this is not what you inferred or meant, Tara. And, just for the record, I have wondered the same thing about you because I think you're a catch. But getting back to my point, I sincerely would like to know if there is something that needs improvement on my profile. Unfortunately, some things cannot be improved upon like my hair. Yes, I wish that I had more head up top, but this is what God intended and it's in the genes. Also, I would hope that most women would be able to see beyond my thinning pate.

--hide--

Well, thank you for thinking I'm a catch.

I think we all have good questions when we ask this, but we have to accept it's the ever-popular question, and we probably won't ever get an answer. lol I think that instead of asking, "What am I doing wrong?" just ask for constructive criticism on your profile. biggrin Even guys at my age are either receding or losing hair. It's a fact of life. Some women may be shallow about this. But, men can be shallow about things as well, so we just have to think, "Well, it's not someone I wanted to be with anyway!"

12/09/2012 new

Hi Jeff-

my heart went out to you after reading "what am I doing wrong?"

So, I thought I would read your profile and offer some constructive criticism...and honestly, don't have any. It is beautiful, heartfelt, and honest. I only wish someone in my age group would express themselves so openly, eloquently...! That said, I am having the same thought -what am I doing wrong, and ask you to read mine and give me a mans opinion? So many have viewed mine, but not contacted me, and I am lost as to why not?

You hang in there, I think there are distracted, busy people here, that aren't sure what to do with all that love you are offering, but wait, and pray, and the right one will find you - never, never never give up (Winston Churchill :))

Be well, and God bless you sweetheart!

12/09/2012 new

Hi Jeff,

You have a decent profile. I would probably not post so much of a shopping list as not everyone will fit ALL of those qualities and each one of us are very unique, but that you are looking maybe for someone with same similarities as you. Faith being #1.

I wish you luck on your search and I think we have an attraction from a post here and hope ya read between the lines a little bit and send her a nice message wink Ya never know heart

12/09/2012 new

(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: I admittedly have not been on here in about a month because I was talking with someone outside of ...

I admittedly have not been on here in about a month because I was talking with someone outside of Catholic Match. Unfortunately, it fizzled out. So, I come back on here for the first time in weeks and notice that I have hardly gotten any responses. Is there something wrong with my profile? Seriously, I can take constructive criticism. Does it need improvement? Is my hairline a turn-off for some women? I'm sorry that I'm not better-looking?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

--hide--

Oh Jeff and everyone who feels the same way. Don't go changing...

www.youtube.com wink

12/09/2012 new

Jeff, I think we all tend to ask ourselves this question. There is nothing wrong with you. I've asked myself the same question many times. We all have much to offer someone who may be interested in us. Some will recognize this, and some won't. Just know that that "special someone" will see all of your qualities. God is working on picking that person for you when things are not as you might have them be. What's hard especially this time of year is that "lonely" feeling! It's hard to even find someone to go to Christmas Mass with! Just not feeling it this year, but am promising myself a "great" Christmas next year! All the best to you!

Posts 21 - 30 of 70