Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: I never intentionally ignored anyone's messages or emotigrams. Not making any excuses here, bu...
(Quote) Jeff-406043 said:

I never intentionally ignored anyone's messages or emotigrams. Not making any excuses here, but it is quite possible that at the time you messaged/emotigrammed me I was either temporarily away from CM or I was communicating with someone else. I'm sorry if I didn't respond to you as you would have liked me to. Normally, I respond to pretty much every message that I get. I'll be the first to admit I don't normally receive a lot of messages/emotigrams, but when I do I do my best to respond to each one of them.

Thank you all for your honesty!

--hide--

Jeff,

It is not anything you are doing wrong. I've found on this site many people seem to be looking for friends and not relationships. Keep in mind some people don't have current or paid subscriptions therefore they are not able to communicate. I have been on this site for a couple of years and I find that I spend less and less time on this site for the same reason you initiated this topic. I wish you all the best. God will put that person in your path when the time is right.

Bridget

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: I admittedly have not been on here in about a month because I was talking with someone outside of ...

I admittedly have not been on here in about a month because I was talking with someone outside of Catholic Match. Unfortunately, it fizzled out. So, I come back on here for the first time in weeks and notice that I have hardly gotten any responses. Is there something wrong with my profile? Seriously, I can take constructive criticism. Does it need improvement? Is my hairline a turn-off for some women? I'm sorry that I'm not better-looking?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

--hide--

Hi Jeff,

Your profile is great, no worries. Your interests and personality come across clearly, and you seem like an interesting and talented guy. As a (woman) friend of mine has advised me many times, "be yourself." Womem who are interested in you will find you, and then everything will start to fall into place. Your text does a great job of expressing who you are, maybe add a few pictures of activities you enjoy? People are visual and a picture will convey you in that sense, too.

Dec 10th 2012 new

Hey, Jeff! If someone does not appreciate you that is their lost opportunity. I think you are cute as a-bug-in-a-rug. Too bad you are not my age and in southeast Texas. I think maybe some folks do not know how to reach out. I am trying to learn but have received few responses. Maybe a gal my age reaching out looks too pushy????? Keep the faith. Remember to exercise patience --- a primary virtue.

Dec 10th 2012 new

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I, too, viewed some of your profile and it seems pretty good to me. I echo Melanie's comments. Good luck on your search. Praying

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Joan-684265 said: Hey, Jeff! If someone does not appreciate you that is their lost opportunity. I think you are cute...
(Quote) Joan-684265 said:

Hey, Jeff! If someone does not appreciate you that is their lost opportunity. I think you are cute as a-bug-in-a-rug. Too bad you are not my age and in southeast Texas. I think maybe some folks do not know how to reach out. I am trying to learn but have received few responses. Maybe a gal my age reaching out looks too pushy????? Keep the faith. Remember to exercise patience --- a primary virtue.

--hide--

Hi, Joan! There's nothing wrong at all with reaching out to folks on here. Approach CM as a community, be upbeat, and don't let the non-responders get you down. I've said before, if I could give one piece of advice to anybody coming here it would be to not assume that every profile you see is somebody who is actively looking right at the present moment. Don't ever assume that non-responses are due to there being something wrong with yourself or your profile, just because responses may be slow. I like what you said: "Keep the faith. Remember to exercise patience --- a primary virtue". That really sums it up!

Dec 10th 2012 new
I just checked out your profile Jeff - it is very good - you are being open and honest and I sense being yourself - the right person will come along, just have to have patience and not doubt yourself too much ( but we all feel insecure at times) - wish you all the best
Dec 10th 2012 new

Hi Jeff,

I think what you are experiencing is more or less the nature of online dating. A few years ago i used Eharmony for an extended period of time and i was fairly disappointed with number of replies i got. But, then i read an article that actually broke down the number response and response leading to dates. I found that i was doing well above the average.

My advice is not to worry about the number of replies you get but the quality of them.

BTW, I think that average replies to men's messages there was about 1-2%.

Dec 10th 2012 new
I throughly reviewed your profile and I would say that for me the main problem about you is that, thought you are willing to relocate, you live in US and I live in DR :). Im sure there are a lot of people that match your profile but maybe not near you right now, and many pple don't bother starting something with someone who is far away. For example, if you asked me, yes, I might be able to relocate but only for someone I knew and loved, thus, someone with whom I have shared moments nor chats. Therefore, yours may be a simple problem of opportunity, and Im sure thats the case, so maybe you should try contacting pple whos near you and see how it goes.
Dec 10th 2012 new
(Quote) Jeff-406043 said: I admittedly have not been on here in about a month because I was talking with someone outside of Catholic Match...

I admittedly have not been on here in about a month because I was talking with someone outside of Catholic Match. Unfortunately, it fizzled out. So, I come back on here for the first time in weeks and notice that I have hardly gotten any responses. Is there something wrong with my profile? Seriously, I can take constructive criticism. Does it need improvement? Is my hairline a turn-off for some women? I'm sorry that I'm not better-looking?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

--hide--
Maybe it is that you are a Cubs fan! :-)
Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Kelly-702834 said: Hi Jeff, The only thing I would suggest, strictly coming from a technical point of...
(Quote) Kelly-702834 said:

Hi Jeff,

The only thing I would suggest, strictly coming from a technical point of view is to you better photos of you taken. I know some might say you don't need to, and your probably don't, BUT ....again strictly technical...have better quality photos taken/clearer, better color, etc. They won't look so blurred and faded, you'll have fun doing it with someone and it may catch the eye of comfort and security from some women's viewpoint.

All in all, you do have a very good profile.

Blessings!

Kelly

--hide--

Kelly this is basically what I said in a private emote. I think some nice shots in dress clothes a plain dress shirt- not plaid or striped which are too busy for Jeffs coloring. A nice pressed dress shirt and maybe a nice suit and tie.. That would help a lot!

Posts 41 - 50 of 70