Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

12/11/2012 new

If you can't be honest in starting a relationship then what kind of relationship is it?

It would concern me if I was asked something and did not answer honestly (which is lying, isn't it :-) ) and then they they find out what you said wasn't true... wouldn't they being to start thinking what else haven't you been honest or truthful about.

Isn't 'Honesty the always the best Policy'

12/11/2012 new

I reveal less and less of me as time goes on because I'm sick and tired of starting over with 'my story' with every man who then moves on to someone else..Everybody thinks they need to know all about you before they can make a decision on whether to continue to date you. So after 21 years I have told 'my story' to a lot of men..And I'm still single..

12/11/2012 new

I believe that honesty is the best policy. I also believe that certain questions can be politely deferred until I know the person better or the relationship progresses to the point where I feel like I am at peace answering the questions. I don't believe one needs to know "all" in the beginning of the relationship. Discovering people is part of the journey. Trust is earned and not just given. Too many times the tongue (the most wicked weapon God created) can get us into messes. That being said, I look forward to finding that best friend that God has planned for me so that I can share my all and know that I am accepted and loved, as well as having them do the same. Right now, my acceptance and mercy come from Jesus Christ and the church.

12/12/2012 new

I "overshare" (reveal far too much, too quickly) on a frequent basis, to everyone. I know why, and after thinking about it, I'm not sure I care to stop. I went for so long, hiding so much, I'm just tired of it. It's too much effort and even the best PR campaign in the world can't hide facts.

Maybe I should buy a barometer. Or an astrolabe - that might be more helpful for me, as scattered as I am.

12/15/2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: I "overshare" (reveal far too much, too quickly) on a frequent basis, to everyone. ...
(Quote) Katherine-868943 said:

I "overshare" (reveal far too much, too quickly) on a frequent basis, to everyone.

--hide--

I do the same. There is no point in trying to hide an elephant under a blanket.

Divorced, annulled, seven kids.... TA-DA!!! party

Being up front is better than having a drink spewed at me from across the dinner table. wave

12/15/2012 new
(Quote) Alice-788574 said: I do the same. There is no point in trying to hide an elephant under a blanket. ...
(Quote) Alice-788574 said:

I do the same. There is no point in trying to hide an elephant under a blanket.

Divorced, annulled, seven kids.... TA-DA!!!

Being up front is better than having a drink spewed at me from across the dinner table.

--hide--

7 children. God Bless you and God blessed you. rose
12/15/2012 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: 7 children. God Bless you and God blessed you.
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

7 children. God Bless you and God blessed you.
--hide--

Yep. eyepopping biggrin wave

12/15/2012 new

Of course Casey! Don't ever question yourself, be confident that you walk side by side with Christ. You only have to do and say what you require of yourself. The caveat here; is that you cannot begin to assume or control how a person reacts to you. Hopefully we develop the proper filters that can help us eliminate that which is bad for us; in order for us to continue as the beautiful individuals that we are. You see, I can't be anyone but me. Neither can you. I am not divorced, but I am judged by others - and unjustly so I empathize with you. Truth should never hold you back from finding the love of your life that is the person who Loves Casey for who he IS, not who they want him to BE wave

12/16/2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I reveal less and less of me as time goes on because I'm sick and tired of starting over with ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I reveal less and less of me as time goes on because I'm sick and tired of starting over with 'my story' with every man who then moves on to someone else..Everybody thinks they need to know all about you before they can make a decision on whether to continue to date you. So after 21 years I have told 'my story' to a lot of men..And I'm still single..

--hide--
I agree.

12/17/2012 new

I am first to admit my situation is extreme, and potentially stepparenting seven children (ok, 6 and a young adult) is a bit much for the average guy to wrap his head (or heart) around. This part of the openness to life would be a unique call indeed. It simply has to be all up front. If he walks away or quits communicating, then I have saved myself (and my children) some grief.

Posts 11 - 20 of 21