Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Saw this movie yesterday...very powerful!

Truly, love is a decision...a choice.

One can truly care about someone else...loving him/her, envisioning oneself growing old with the other person. But if that love is not mutual, there will be lots of heartaches!

More and more, I realize how difficult this process can be. You find someone like finding a needle in a haystack but that does not mean much...will that person care about you the way you care about them? Will they remain faithful to you for the rest of their lives?

Scary thoughts but the more I learn about this process, the more I feel compelled to let go of looking, pursuing, and be opened to God's will in my life even if that means that I shall remain by myself for the rest of my life!

Sorry...I hope I made sense.
12/09/2012 new

I've always felt that making the effort to pursue and discern while also acknowledging that it may or may not happen was being open to God's will. Like you said, it can be very difficult and at times feels as though we're looking for a needle in a haystack. It was never meant to be easy. Following God's chosen path for us requires uncompromising faith, commitment, and effort - whatever that chosen path may be. It's through uncompromising faith, commitment, and effort that His chosen path for us becomes clear.

theheart

Posts 1 - 2 of 2