Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Victoria-691000 said: I was corresponding with a CM guy from another state( he looked me up first) when eventually t...
(Quote) Victoria-691000 said:

I was corresponding with a CM guy from another state( he looked me up first) when eventually the emails started getting fewer/shorter, and he really wasn't responding to things I was telling him....I was just getting stock phrases/short answer stuff. I had wondered if we could chat on CM today, and he agreed to. Then he tells me(on 12/6/12) he's going to a church event "with a new friend." (read: new girlfriend or potential girlfriend) So I tried to be nice and give him an out and I said that I had Christmas errands to run and could not chat after all. I said if you want to chat, fine, if not ok, have a good Christmas. He then said "That sounds good to me." Sigh.

Ok, I get that these things happen. People on CM correspond with more than one person, that's what you're supposed to do. Or maybe he met her at an event in his area, she lives closer to him, etc. I'm not trying to fix this, just venting, thanks. Maybe it's a good thing my subscription is up in March. sorry:

--hide--

Sorry that happened to you, Victoria. It is really deplorable of how men sometimes keep, "a woman in tow," as we say up here in NH. It's a form of dishonesty that I've confronted my guy friends on. If you like her, pursue it, if not, say your not interested--it's the kindest cruelty, but at least it is honest and the manly thing to do. Guys like that play those games as a sort of insurance policy--if one girl doesn't work out, I can always go back to the one I had in tow; such a strategy is intended so they will not become lonely (which is what they really fear) but in the end blows up in their face. Stay strong Victoria (and all other women who have had this happen to them)!

David

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: You really have to develop a thick skin when jumping headfirst into online dating. I was only mar...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

You really have to develop a thick skin when jumping headfirst into online dating. I was only married for fourteen years, but outside of that I have been turned down more times than a 90 year old Jehovah's Witness. I recently was given the heave-ho by a lovely lady I dated for six months who lives nearby. Evan as old as I am, I still shed a few tears over what might have been. Don't give up Victoria, the Man Upstairs has a plan for you.

--hide--

Thank you, Peter!

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) David-820720 said: Sorry that happened to you, Victoria. It is really deplorable of how men sometimes keep, ...
(Quote) David-820720 said:

Sorry that happened to you, Victoria. It is really deplorable of how men sometimes keep, "a woman in tow," as we say up here in NH. It's a form of dishonesty that I've confronted my guy friends on. If you like her, pursue it, if not, say your not interested--it's the kindest cruelty, but at least it is honest and the manly thing to do. Guys like that play those games as a sort of insurance policy--if one girl doesn't work out, I can always go back to the one I had in tow; such a strategy is intended so they will not become lonely (which is what they really fear) but in the end blows up in their face. Stay strong Victoria (and all other women who have had this happen to them)!

David

--hide--

Thank you, David.......you hit the nail on the head...Merry Christmas... stocking

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Victoria-691000 said: I was corresponding with a CM guy from anoth...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Quote:
Victoria-691000 said:

I was corresponding with a CM guy from another state( he looked me up first) when eventually the emails started getting fewer/shorter, and he really wasn't responding to things I was telling him....I was just getting stock phrases/short answer stuff. I had wondered if we could chat on CM today, and he agreed to. Then he tells me(on 12/6/12) he's going to a church event "with a new friend." (read: new girlfriend or potential girlfriend) So I tried to be nice and give him an out and I said that I had Christmas errands to run and could not chat after all. I said if you want to chat, fine, if not ok, have a good Christmas. He then said "That sounds good to me." Sigh.

Ok, I get that these things happen. People on CM correspond with more than one person, that's what you're supposed to do. Or maybe he met her at an event in his area, she lives closer to him, etc. I'm not trying to fix this, just venting, thanks. Maybe it's a good thing my subscription is up in March. sorry:

You really have to develop a thick skin when jumping headfirst into online dating. I was only married for fourteen years, but outside of that I have been turned down more times than a 90 year old Jehovah's Witness. I recently was given the heave-ho by a lovely lady I dated for six months who lives nearby. Evan as old as I am, I still shed a few tears over what might have been. Don't give up Victoria, the Man Upstairs has a plan for you.

--hide--

Yes we need thick THICK CALLUSED skin... I like to wear alligator, sheepskin and then thick bullock leather and sherpa and layers and layers of no expectations! Then add lizard (reptilian skin helps) and then in turn add another layer of expecting nothing. This is why in another thread- demanding that people post relationship STATUS is just unrealistic. I keep my chin up by being preoccupied with my own interests and I don't make it a big deal if I hear from anyone. So Many persons I have contacted completely ignored me and I just pay it no mind anymore. I may seem callous. I assure you I am not but have learned to expect...nothing................. wink It is much easier that way.. heartbeat

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Yes we need thick THICK CALLUSED skin... I like to wear alligator, sheepskin and then thi...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Yes we need thick THICK CALLUSED skin... I like to wear alligator, sheepskin and then thick bullock leather and sherpa and layers and layers of no expectations! Then add lizard (reptilian skin helps) and then in turn add another layer of expecting nothing. This is why in another thread- demanding that people post relationship STATUS is just unrealistic. I keep my chin up by being preoccupied with my own interests and I don't make it a big deal if I hear from anyone. So Many persons I have contacted completely ignored me and I just pay it no mind anymore. I may seem callous. I assure you I am not but have learned to expect...nothing................. It is much easier that way..

--hide--

Thank you Marian! goldfish cookie fluffy

Dec 9th 2012 new

Here my status looking for the right woman to marry period . Marriage is a two way streak of commitment between two individuals and God .

Posts 11 - 16 of 16