Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/11/2012 new

(Quote) Debbie-584463 said: William, Kindly explain what "women like that" means, just hoping for clarific...
(Quote) Debbie-584463 said:

William,

Kindly explain what "women like that" means, just hoping for clarification, thanks.

--hide--

Debbie, I suspect he means that Catholic ladies get better with age. Indeed, I've really been floored by some of what I've seen here and at church. Simply amazing, mature perspectives. Some of younger guys really are in awe of the older ladies.

Michael

12/11/2012 new

Michael, it sounds like a good plan! best of luck to you and thank you for serving our country.

12/11/2012 new
(Quote) Michael-780154 said: Clair, good Heavens! ;-) Politics aside... I'm happy to do for mys...
(Quote) Michael-780154 said:

Clair, good Heavens! ;-) Politics aside... I'm happy to do for myself. Shift work makes it tough. Will consider doing what I can to start a church singles' activity, probably a running club open to all, regardless of my unusual hours.

--hide--

Yours was the only post I read. Posted before I saw the shift work post. Partial apologies. Need to help others take reasonable actions inspite of Obama & progressivism rosary
12/11/2012 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: Not one single SINGLE Catholic woman to be found.

Not one single SINGLE Catholic woman to be found.

--hide--

I go to a parish that I'm technically not suppose to be a member of since its for active duty military people and families, BUT I grew up there. So I go. There are absolutely no available singles there. And I don't really mind that. I go to mass to celebrate the Eucharist with my community, not to scope out the singles. It's not a bar.

However, I find it rather bothersome that people don't see opportunities in front of them. Be part of the congregation. Get to know people. You just have no idea what's around the corner after meeting new people. Opportunities abound! Gotta make a move.

12/11/2012 new

Michael,

Read my rosary tribute that I posted in this forum. It's goes out to all singles in our shoes. I can totally relate.

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) William-848056 said: (Quote) Debbie-584463 said: William,Kindly explain what "wo...
(Quote) William-848056 said:

Quote:
Debbie-584463 said:

William,

Kindly explain what "women like that" means, just hoping for clarification, thanks.

It was a compliment. :) I gotten to know a divorced woman at a country bar, she and her friends were in their 50s and older. I just thinking that I would like to date her if I was in my 50s. I even helped her avoid a man she was dating...I asked her to dance in front of him, and he showed his true colors. I need to stop coming to these forums.

--hide--

No you need to keep posting. That was a nice compliment. Thanks for sharing. All we needed was to understand what you meant...

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: (Quote) Debbie-584463 said: William,Kindly explain what "wo...

Quote:
Debbie-584463 said:

William,

Debbie, I suspect he means that Catholic ladies get better with age. Indeed, I've really been floored by some of what I've seen here and at church. Simply amazing, mature perspectives. Some of younger guys really are in awe of the older ladies.

Michael

--hide--

This is very VERY sweet to read. Thank you. May God Bless You with all of the answers you need. AND HE WILL! theheart

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: Michael, I have the same problem. I finally went to a retreat center and met a bunch of different...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

Michael, I have the same problem. I finally went to a retreat center and met a bunch of different Catholic women from all over...mostly California but also Oregon etc. Quite a few told me about a specific perish in San Francisco. I finally made one of their events. They have a huge, highly active group for 20-30 and another for 30-40's. I found out a lot of people come from all over, different parishes to attend their happy hours, hikes, etc. Ask around, go on retreats etc...maybe there is a different parish that you can attend for special events. I know it is hard with a crazy work schedule and you may have to drive a ways...but if you want to meet someone special, you have to put in the time. Good luck!

--hide--

WOW! THAT SOUNDS GREAT!

12/12/2012 new

Sorry about that I took it the wrong way.......

12/12/2012 new

Hi Michael, I apologize, I didn't understand. Peace and Blessings to you both.

Posts 41 - 50 of 56