Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I receive the opportunity to connect with men and women whose Catholicism is also important to them...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

I receive the opportunity to connect with men and women whose Catholicism is also important to them.

I am able to hear a variety of viewpoints on a variety of subjects and...the men talk too!!!

I can practice charity in listening to others' viewpoints and can encourage, celebrate, mourn and generally 'be there' for CM friends.

I have said this in other threads but I want to say again, you are wonderful and this site is a huge blessing. God always provides exactly what we need, when we need it and I find this to be another example of His total caring and involvement.

--hide--

I am fairly new here so I am still getting used to how everything works. There do seem to be many good people on here. Right now I am particularly enjoying the fora and the weekly trivia quiz (currently in 12th place but that may change by the end of the week). I have had some messages (and emoticons) but things are pretty light. I don't necessarily expect to meet "the one" on CM but I do think I will get to know some pretty cool people.

Dec 10th 2012 new

I agree, Meg, that there is much to be thankful for due to CM. One of the best things is the people.

I've been to a few CM events (both big and small) now and have made a few friends due to these. Today, for example, I received two Christmas cards from CM event-goers, one of whom is wanting us to plan a small vacation next summer. I talked to another CM friend today and we are planning a get-together for New Year's (see the Member Meet-Ups room) which will include Mass the next day. I have plans later in January to meet up with another CM friend coming through the area. A few weeks ago, I was able to see and catch up a bit with a man I dated through CM.

All that is just the tip of the iceberg. Great people on a journey of faith who just happen to be single - how blessed we are!

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: I agree, Meg, that there is much to be thankful for due to CM. One of the best things is the people...
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said:

I agree, Meg, that there is much to be thankful for due to CM. One of the best things is the people.

I've been to a few CM events (both big and small) now and have made a few friends due to these. Today, for example, I received two Christmas cards from CM event-goers, one of whom is wanting us to plan a small vacation next summer. I talked to another CM friend today and we are planning a get-together for New Year's (see the Member Meet-Ups room) which will include Mass the next day. I have plans later in January to meet up with another CM friend coming through the area. A few weeks ago, I was able to see and catch up a bit with a man I dated through CM.

All that is just the tip of the iceberg. Great people on a journey of faith who just happen to be single - how blessed we are!

--hide--

Thanks! I haven't checked the Member Meetup Room! I will now...

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Rose-921185 said:weekly trivia quiz (currently in 12th place but that may change by the end of the week.
(Quote) Rose-921185 said:weekly trivia quiz (currently in 12th place but that may change by the end of the week.
--hide--

12th out of how many places?

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I receive the opportunity to connect with men and women whose Catholicism is also important to them...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

I receive the opportunity to connect with men and women whose Catholicism is also important to them.

I am able to hear a variety of viewpoints on a variety of subjects and...the men talk too!!!

I can practice charity in listening to others' viewpoints and can encourage, celebrate, mourn and generally 'be there' for CM friends.

I have said this in other threads but I want to say again, you are wonderful and this site is a huge blessing. God always provides exactly what we need, when we need it and I find this to be another example of His total caring and involvement.

--hide--

I've met some very wonderful people though this site, people who have helped me grow and are life long freinds. I do beleive regardless of what your looking for there is something speical here.

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: 12th out of how many places?
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

12th out of how many places?

--hide--

i just checked: 12 out of about 220 (some didn't complete their answers though, but at least 200). To do the Trivia quiz just go to "More" on the right-hand side of the header and open"Trivia" under that.

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Rose-921185 said: i just checked: 12 out of about 220 (some didn't complete their answers though, b...
(Quote) Rose-921185 said:

i just checked: 12 out of about 220 (some didn't complete their answers though, but at least 200). To do the Trivia quiz just go to "More" on the right-hand side of the header and open"Trivia" under that.

--hide--

Correction: about 177 completed the quiz and several only partially completed it. So currently 12 out of 177 or so.

Posts 11 - 17 of 17