Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I'm new to CM

Dec 10th 2012 new
I recently joined Catholic Match so I am wondering what are the best ways to meet people. I sometimes get a little impatient (OK most of the time) and I like to see instant results. I know that with online dating this is not the case. So any helpful pointers would be great! I just want to meet people and get the most out of this new life experience.
Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-923739 said: I recently joined Catholic Match so I am wondering what are the best ways to meet people. I sometimes ge...
(Quote) Laura-923739 said: I recently joined Catholic Match so I am wondering what are the best ways to meet people. I sometimes get a little impatient (OK most of the time) and I like to see instant results. I know that with online dating this is not the case. So any helpful pointers would be great! I just want to meet people and get the most out of this new life experience.
--hide--

clap party wave A Hearty Welcome Laura to the CM Community.. You have found a good place to start .. The forums.. You will find some really nice people to chat with and there is a Community meet calendar or you can create your own singles event in your town. Check out the community room , also we have a Ladies only room if you want to share with just ladies.

Many blessings to you and may God bless you .. Patience and Prayer Praying rosary theheart Kathleen

Dec 10th 2012 new

Welcome to you Laura!

There is no fast way, but posting in the forums gets you noticed by forum posters (not everyone is in these rooms though).

Sending emotes to guys that interest you works too.

Going to CM events is a way to meet people (see the meet up section, or the local interest section, or the events section).

Dec 10th 2012 new

Welcome, Laura!!! Yeah, I've lived the impatient part (still do sometimes!). I'd recommend alot of prayer, and foray into the forums. There are some very cool people out here, and it's a great way to meet people. share ideas, and broaden our faith.

Dec 10th 2012 new

Approach CM as a community, be upbeat, and don't let the non-responders get you down. I've said before, if I could give one piece of advice to anybody coming here it would be to not assume that every profile you see is somebody who is actively seeking right at the present moment. A lot of people leave their profiles up after they are done here, in case they decide to come back later. Don't ever assume that non-responses are due to something wrong with yourself or your profile just because responses may be slow. Patience really is a virture when it comes to online dating.

Be patient, have fun, and be sure to check out the meet-ups and events. I've been to several of them, and have met over 100 great Catholic single people at the events. Enjoy the community!

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Approach CM as a community, be upbeat, and don't let the non-responders get you down. I'...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Approach CM as a community, be upbeat, and don't let the non-responders get you down. I've said before, if I could give one piece of advice to anybody coming here it would be to not assume that every profile you see is somebody who is actively seeking right at the present moment. A lot of people leave their profiles up after they are done here, in case they decide to come back later. Don't ever assume that non-responses are due to something wrong with yourself or your profile just because responses may be slow. Patience really is a virture when it comes to online dating.

Be patient, have fun, and be sure to check out the meet-ups and events. I've been to several of them, and have met over 100 great Catholic single people at the events. Enjoy the community!

--hide--

Yes Michael is correct. Not everyone is online all the time and some members have lapsed memberships or are otherwise not available.

Don't ever give up hope or expect instant results. Perseverance and Prayer has helped me.

So Nice to see new members joining.. Blessings again ..

Kathleen Praying

Dec 10th 2012 new
Thank you everyone for the great encouragement and support. Also great ideas, I will definitely be patient and just get out there to meet some people. It is very encouraging to hear from all of you about what works and just how great it is to connect with other Catholic people out there. I'm not sure if there are events available out here. It is a little bit too rural but I will definitely check it out or start something provided there is enough interest. Thanks again and God bless!!!
Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-923739 said: Thank you everyone for the great encouragement and support. Also great ideas, I will definitely be patie...
(Quote) Laura-923739 said: Thank you everyone for the great encouragement and support. Also great ideas, I will definitely be patient and just get out there to meet some people. It is very encouraging to hear from all of you about what works and just how great it is to connect with other Catholic people out there. I'm not sure if there are events available out here. It is a little bit too rural but I will definitely check it out or start something provided there is enough interest. Thanks again and God bless!!!
--hide--

Hi, Laura! It looks like you just found the Rocky Mt Adventure thread in the Member Meet-ups room. Hopefully there will be another one there, we've been talking about maybe in June. We had about 25 single Catholic people of all ages and from all over the country come together in Estes Park, CO, for each of the last two RMA's. Hope we have another good group there next year! Sunrise

Dec 11th 2012 new
Hi Michael. I did find that thread. Kathleen suggested I check out any events. Low and behold there are some nearby! I am excited to meet new Catholic people and just see what is out there. Hopefully another event can get organized. I would try to do one, however, I'd like to get to know the ropes of this new community first crossfingers

And what does RMA stand for?
Dec 11th 2012 new

Welcome....

Posts 1 - 10 of 29