Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

12/14/2012 new

I've invited four other CM members from central IL to this event by messaging them with the information. I will be coming on New Year's Day, what with a band gig on New Year's Eve. I sure hope that Mass isn't too early - I'd like to get a couple hours of sleep beforehand!

I'm looking forward to meeting some new friends - I will be somewhat out of my comfort zone!

12/14/2012 new

(Quote) Steven-924301 said: I've invited four other CM members from central IL to this event by messaging them with the ...
(Quote) Steven-924301 said:

I've invited four other CM members from central IL to this event by messaging them with the information. I will be coming on New Year's Day, what with a band gig on New Year's Eve. I sure hope that Mass isn't too early - I'd like to get a couple hours of sleep beforehand!

I'm looking forward to meeting some new friends - I will be somewhat out of my comfort zone!

--hide--
Steven, we are quite glad to have you join us and hopefully the CM friends you invited will be able to join in, too!! I will send out address, directions, Mass time, etc...in private message later. Once you get together with us you definitely won't feel like you are out of your comfort zone! wink

As far as Mass, well, there isn't much I can do about that, Steven! I will look around the different parishes to find the latest Mass I can as I'm pretty certain my Pastor will schedule 8 am or possibly 9 am. weeping No worries, if you start to nod off one of us will give you a good, hard nudge with our elbow. mischievous angel I will have a pot of coffe on as well as I'm sure I will need it before I head to church.

Okay, who else is going to join in. Like Steven, you can come to part of the gathering -evening or day, or both! We look forward to hearing from you!

12/15/2012 new

(Quote) Helen-407474 said: Okay, so far we have:Me - LucyRob (CM member) coming over from Indiana for New Ye...
(Quote) Helen-407474 said:

Okay, so far we have:

Me -
Lucy
Rob (CM member) coming over from Indiana for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day;
Steven (CM member) coming over for New Year's Day;
Ileen - Peoria, maybe on both
Tom- Streator, maybe on both
Amy - (CM member) maybe on both

Okay, who else am I going to add to this list....have heard talk of maybe some others...??? It will be fun...step out of your comfort zone for the new year and join a CM gathering!!!

--hide--

I am wondering why I am the only CMer from Indy who has signed up for this event? We usually travel in groups to events outside of Indy (LOL).

Helen, I really wanted to come to this event last year but couldn't due to other plans. Anyone coming from the Indy area? Get your contact info to Helen or Lucy and they'll let me know. Looking forward to this.

By the way, I vote for staying in and hanging out playing games rather than going out with all the people who will be drinking and driving on NYE.

12/15/2012 new
Hello! When and where will you be going to Mass?
12/15/2012 new

(Quote) Rob-362135 said: I am wondering why I am the only CMer from Indy who has signed up for this event? We u...
(Quote) Rob-362135 said:

I am wondering why I am the only CMer from Indy who has signed up for this event? We usually travel in groups to events outside of Indy (LOL).

Helen, I really wanted to come to this event last year but couldn't due to other plans. Anyone coming from the Indy area? Get your contact info to Helen or Lucy and they'll let me know. Looking forward to this.

By the way, I vote for staying in and hanging out playing games rather than going out with all the people who will be drinking and driving on NYE.

--hide--
Hey, Rob, I didn't realize you were still on CM...I guess I've just gotten use to Facebooking with you. :) We are looking forward to having you join us! Well, I am wondering the same thing about our Indy friends...Dawn and Mary would come if they didn't have other plans. Lisa already had an airline ticket purchased for Arizona...not sure about everyone else..?? Hmmmmm, we will have to work on some of them. scratchchin wink

Staying in on New Year's is fine by me...we will have plenty o' fun in the house...We will have plenty of laughs but we will need a few more folks to even out the competition when it comes to games...you might be outnumbered by the ladies, my friend. biggrin mischievous

If anyone else is interested please feel free to message me if you are more comfortable with that than posting here. We would love to have some new friends join us! Details coming soon.

12/15/2012 new

(Quote) Terri-820156 said: Hello! When and where will you be going to Mass?
(Quote) Terri-820156 said: Hello! When and where will you be going to Mass?
--hide--

Hi Terri. wave I am going to call around about Mass times. I am fairly certain that in my parish the Mass will be at 8 or maybe 9 but I only live a block away so that would be nice... I thought I would check around and see if there are any at just a bit later time...doubtful, though....since we will have a few joining in that have a short drive that morning. I will post details here soon and I will also message the people that I have confirmed as coming. Glad you are going to join us or thinking of joining us for Mass and hopefully brunch as well. Look forward to meeting you! Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

12/15/2012 new

Okay, so far we have:

Me -
Lucy
Rob (CM member) coming over from Indiana for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day;
Steven (CM member) coming over for New Year's Day;
Ileen - Peoria, maybe on both
Tom- Streator, maybe on both
Amy - (CM member) maybe on both
Terri - (CM member) New Year's Day ?

Who else should I add to the list????? scratchchin

12/16/2012 new

Helen and Lucy are putting on a great event! clap

Sounds like there is a nice mix of men and women so far - and I'm happy to see folks traveling in for it. NOBODY will regret making that effort, it will be well worth it. biggrin

Step up and Step Out fez - A New Years Get Together with fellow CMers - join in for some laughs laughing , some prayer Praying , some good food Happy Birthday! and drink Cheers! , and plenty of fellowship. hug

Have a great time!!!!

12/16/2012 new
I would love to do something like this!!

It just isn't feasible at this time. I just got a new job.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
12/16/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Helen and Lucy are putting on a great event! Sounds like there is a nice mix of men and wo...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Helen and Lucy are putting on a great event!

Sounds like there is a nice mix of men and women so far - and I'm happy to see folks traveling in for it. NOBODY will regret making that effort, it will be well worth it.

Step up and Step Out - A New Years Get Together with fellow CMers - join in for some laughs , some prayer , some good food and drink , and plenty of fellowship.

Have a great time!!!!

--hide--
Thanks, Mary! It will be a good time! I'm looking forward to seeing 'old' friends and meeting new friends. I know you Indy people started out small and have grown your events and circle of friends. Hopefully more people will decide to join in as it is so fun and great to meet new people, isn't that why we all joined CM???...I'm certain you won't regret it. Feel free to message me or post here if you have any questions or comments. I was a bit hesitant the first time I went to a CM Event but was so glad when I finally did join in. Come on, let's get a few more of you ringing in 2013 with us. You can come for all or part of the activities. biggrin

Posts 11 - 20 of 49