Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Dec 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: I would love to do something like this!! It just isn't feasible at this time. I just got a n...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: I would love to do something like this!!

It just isn't feasible at this time. I just got a new job.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
--hide--

Hi Helen! Wow, that sounds kind've funny saying that...like I'm talking to myself. Hahaha. Well, we also wish you could join us but understand about your new job...that is exciting, though, starting a new job...such a great way to end one year and begin a new one! I'm sure we will have more get togethers here in cental Illinois and look forward to you joining us sometime.

Dec 17th 2012 new

I really wish I could. I would love to be a part of a CM event and this one isn't too far away. Unfortunately, I am already juggling 3 new years events and had to turn down visiting a friend. Hope you all have fun. Maybe I will get the chance nest year...

Dec 17th 2012 new

Keep an eye out, Angela. We'll post some small gathering again sometime. A few of us have gotten together in the Quad Cities a couple of times, too, though it's been awhile. No matter what, it's great to see some feedback that people are interested! biggrin

Dec 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Angela-893980 said: I really wish I could. I would love to be a part of a CM event and this one isn't too far aw...
(Quote) Angela-893980 said:

I really wish I could. I would love to be a part of a CM event and this one isn't too far away. Unfortunately, I am already juggling 3 new years events and had to turn down visiting a friend. Hope you all have fun. Maybe I will get the chance nest year...

--hide--
Hi Angela, Please feel free to attend just part of the event if you can...we would love to have you join in! If you can't make it New Year's Eve then please consider coming for New Year's Day (even if you can't make it to the Mass portion you can join us afterwards). However, we will have more get-togethers in the future and the Indy group is having their chilli cook-off in February (maybe that will work out for you). biggrin

Dec 17th 2012 new

Great to hear you are coming and inviting a friend or two, Steven.

I have to admit, Helen, that I'm with him in that I'd prefer a later Mass time since we're guaranteed to be up past midnight. I'd be surprised if there isn't one or two churches having a Mass at 10 or 11 a.m.

Dec 17th 2012 new

Just saying hello, Terri! wave I hope you'll be able to join us!

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: Great to hear you are coming and inviting a friend or two, Steven. I have to admit, Helen, t...
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said:

Great to hear you are coming and inviting a friend or two, Steven.

I have to admit, Helen, that I'm with him in that I'd prefer a later Mass time since we're guaranteed to be up past midnight. I'd be surprised if there isn't one or two churches having a Mass at 10 or 11 a.m.

--hide--
I'm certainly all for that, hopefully at least one will have a later Mass...we'll see. I won't know the New Year's schedule probably for another week, although, if I get a chance before then I might call around.

Dec 20th 2012 new

Where are all the people??? scratchchin Didn't you join CM to meet people??? wink

Dec 21st 2012 new

Okay, so far we have:

Me -
Lucy
Rob (CM member) coming over from Indiana for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day;
Steven (CM member) coming over for New Year's Day;
Tony (Pekin CM member) coming for New Year's Eve...celebrated with us last year and he is coming back...didn't scare him off. ;)
Tom- (former ? CM member) possibly
Amy - (Quad Cities CM member) possibly
Terri - (Springfield CM member) New Year's Day ?
One of the Indy Marys might be coming, too.
Shawn from Indy - maybe

Anyone else I should add to the list??? scratchchin clap discoball You get a Gold Star! Cheers! note party note Cheers! party

Dec 23rd 2012 new

And Jo (current CM member) is a good maybe...yay!

'Tis going to be fun....praying for good weather for the travellers.

Who is next to be added to the list of attendees??? scratchchin

Posts 21 - 30 of 49