Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Feb 22nd 2013 new

No, there's no group, Heather. Just people who decide, "I'd like to meet other fun Catholic single people!"

Helen and I met up at an Indy camping event in Oct. of 2011 and we've gotten a few people to gather a few times since. I was actually just thinking of suggesting to Helen that we try something else simple soon, such as next weekend. Maybe Mass and a meal? Got any ideas?

Feb 22nd 2013 new
Are you going to combine it with the Indy group? If so, maybe coordinate somewhere in the middle. Terre haute, champaign, etc.... Mass, dinner, bowling?
Feb 22nd 2013 new

We'd like to do that closer to spring. We've been talking about doing a meet-up in Danville at Sleepy Creek Vineyards when the weather is nicer. But right now, I'm just thinking Central IL, myself. I'd like to just do a day thing - Bloomington/Normal, Decatur, Champaign, etc.

Feb 22nd 2013 new

Sounds good! There are hockey games at USC so that could be an idea. I used to go to mass at one of the churches in Normal but not sure about any in Bloomington. I can look up a few if anyone is interested.

Feb 22nd 2013 new

I can tell you about mass times in champaign too if that's where people would like to meet. I keep current on stuff around here so let me know. There are a few churches to choose from. The church I attend has mass at 515 I believe and there is another church that is over 100 years old. It is GORGEOUS! I love the stained glass; I said if I ever got remarried that I want to get married there.....

Feb 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Heather-705104 said: Sounds good! There are hockey games at USC so that could be an idea. I used to go to mass at on...
(Quote) Heather-705104 said:

Sounds good! There are hockey games at USC so that could be an idea. I used to go to mass at one of the churches in Normal but not sure about any in Bloomington. I can look up a few if anyone is interested.

--hide--
Hi Heather! wave So nice of you to comment in here and take an interest. As Lucy said, we don't have a formal Central IL group but we are trying to get people together to meet and have fun and it would be nice to have some regular friends to meet and kind've form a Central IL group maybe...that is kind've how the Indianapolis group started - very small.

Well, I know I can't make it next weekend but I can probably do another weekend in March. I know Bloomington somewhat...lived there for a time. Holy Trinity is an old church in downtown Bloomington and pretty central to many things/places. If need be we could maybe move the get-together to another area of central Il if interest warranted it. Hopefully more people will chime in as to interest in participating, locations, and dates.

These get-togethers really are fun and seems like the point of all of us being on this site is to meet other Catholics....and you never know where that special someone will show up. wink

Feb 22nd 2013 new

Maybe a new thread should be started to plan a get together and see where the interest is....

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Heather-705104 said: Maybe a new thread should be started to plan a get together and see where the interest is....
(Quote) Heather-705104 said:

Maybe a new thread should be started to plan a get together and see where the interest is....

--hide--

Great idea, Heather. I look forward to seeing the response to your new thread.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: (Quote) Heather-705104 said: Maybe a new thread should be started to plan a ...
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said:

Quote:
Heather-705104 said:

Great idea, Heather. I look forward to seeing the response to your new thread.

--hide--
Those are both good ideas...starting a new thread and Heather starting it! LOL. If you don't start one soon I will but in any case it is a good plan. wink

Posts 41 - 49 of 49