Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Dec 12th 2012 new

Late 20's on up depending on the woman and the reason you would date a women in her 20s. Are you interested in the person or a young, hot thang on your arm? No offense meant! I would happily date a man in his early 40s if I know he was interested in me and not my age. wink

Dec 12th 2012 new

I have an opposite issue, I get many gents over the age of 47-55 browzing me and reaching out many are local to me as well. I am flattered but in my profile I think I added my age preference range (lol) just to kinda filter out this issue, in as polite way....

I actually wouldn't mind a younger gent, lol, but well, I have 4 kids so that may be an issue - or is just not in the cards right now , which is fine....

Good Luck Tele :)eyebrow

Dec 12th 2012 new

You ask an important question, and in managing the site, it's one that we've talked a lot about. Messages definitely become creepy at a certain point, and as it's part of my job to make sure that people feel safe and generally "uncreeped out", we use 40% of your age as an outer "creepy" boundary. You're 41, so 40% of 41 = 16 (rounded off), so 25+ is a safe bet. I'm 32, and by my own rule, my lower limit (if I were not quite happily married) would be 20. I think it's a pretty generous allowance.

That isn't a hard and fast rule, and the rules do change after you're 30 or so - but a general rule was needed. It was doing no favors to anyone when it was possible for a 65 year old man to message hundreds of 18 year old girls.

The fact that you're asking the question shows that you're sensitive to it, which is good.

Dec 12th 2012 new

Dear Rebecca, thanks for you responce i think if all the women would post there age preference age range it would save some time and energy, I wouldn't mind any age as long as we are soul mates, I also have two kids so it does change the dating situation. But dont worrie I love kids and there are many good men who love kids also.

Have a great Holiday and may God be with you in your search.
hope to talk or type, lol to you again.

Tele

Dec 12th 2012 new

Thanks Nathan,

your a staff member so i know you have a good idea what is good for everyone, so for now I am gona stick to over 30 to be safe.

Happy Holidays

Tele

Dec 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Nathan-48443 said: It was doing no favors to anyone when it was possible for a 65 year old man to message h...
(Quote) Nathan-48443 said:

It was doing no favors to anyone when it was possible for a 65 year old man to message hundreds of 18 year old girls.

--hide--

EWWWWWWWWWW! What would the girls' dads think? And three years before that the 18 year olds would have been 15 and the 65 year old would have been 62.

Dec 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: EWWWWWWWWWW! What would the girls' dads think? And three years before that the ...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

EWWWWWWWWWW! What would the girls' dads think? And three years before that the 18 year olds would have been 15 and the 65 year old would have been 62.

--hide--

Believe me when I tell you that it used to be much worse! Many MANY moons ago (pre-Internet) I was a recruiter for a video dating service called Great Expectations. I won't begin to tell you the fun that was involved during call backs to 18-year-old girls who had filled-out the questionaires and explaining to their fathers why I was calling. faint

theheart

Dec 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Believe me when I tell you that it used to be much worse! Many MANY moons ago (pre-...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Believe me when I tell you that it used to be much worse! Many MANY moons ago (pre-Internet) I was a recruiter for a video dating service called Great Expectations. I won't begin to tell you the fun that was involved during call backs to 18-year-old girls who had filled-out the questionaires and explaining to their fathers why I was calling.

--hide--

But...pre-internet you would have been somewhere in your 20's, right?

Dec 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: But...pre-internet you would have been somewhere in your 20's, right?

--hide--

and not 65.

Dec 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: (Quote) Marita-847688 said: But...pre-internet you would hav...

Quote:
Marita-847688 said:

and not 65.

--hide--

If I recall correctly, I was 20 at that time... but, try explaining that to a 45-50 year-old father that you're calling his teenage daughter on behalf of a video dating service. boggled

theheart

Posts 11 - 20 of 42