Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: How can we help each other be the best we can be if we are the stumbling blocks for others by se...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

How can we help each other be the best we can be if we are the stumbling blocks for others by setting them up and bashing them!

--hide--

See next comment...

theheart

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: (Quote) Michael-780154 said: Pat, I have been on th...

Quote:
Michael-780154 said:

Pat, I have been on the receiving end of this particular issue myself. It is no fun for a man to have his heart stepped on in this manner, either. I tend to give my heart readily and have suffered for having my interest in ladies not returned in the distant past (years ago). Lessons learned. At least as far as online dating is concerned, women are equally as guilty of causing heartbreak as men. I think CM has a higher percentage of folks who WILL respond to messages than other dating sites I've used in days past. I certainly try to respond to messages I receive. We ALL need to have our hearts protected... but I think that begins with taking the first step to do so, ourselves.

It must be very difficult to want to and try to be the protectors of women who either scorn you for it or revile you for not doing enough!

--hide--

Hence my previous warning. wave

theheart

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Hence my previous warning.
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Hence my previous warning.

--hide--

um, are you saying I'm bashing?

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: It must be very difficult to want to and try to be the protectors of women who eith...

It must be very difficult to want to and try to be the protectors of women who either scorn you for it or revile you for not doing enough!

--hide--

Been on both sides of that. Have been harder on myself for failing to due my duty to protect than any woman could possibly be. Lessons learned.

Dec 18th 2012 new
I can only assume that CM is a cross section of the rest of the world. There are good catholic men and woman in the virtuious way. Then there are cads and cons and women that act like men being cads and cons. We also have the group here that feels the world owes them something. Another group that has been looking a long time and yet has not been preparing themselves for the possibility. How much time do we waste when we could be praying? Another group really gets all they need from cyber relationships. A real one requires more work than they are willing. Part of finding what you are looking for is up to you. Are you ready? Mostly its up to what God knows is best for you. Better to be sad here and happy in heaven than happy here and end up in the hot place.
Dec 18th 2012 new
Can't we be happy here AND be happy in Heaven?
Dec 18th 2012 new
Now to Clairs question. Yes I am ready to assume all the rolls God has given me as a man.
Dec 18th 2012 new
All is possible with God Lina!!
Dec 18th 2012 new
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: I can only assume that CM is a cross section of the rest of the world. There are good catholic men and woman in the ...
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: I can only assume that CM is a cross section of the rest of the world. There are good catholic men and woman in the virtuious way. Then there are cads and cons and women that act like men being cads and cons. We also have the group here that feels the world owes them something. Another group that has been looking a long time and yet has not been preparing themselves for the possibility. How much time do we waste when we could be praying? Another group really gets all they need from cyber relationships. A real one requires more work than they are willing.

Part of finding what you are looking for is up to you. Are you ready? Mostly its up to what God knows is best for you. Better to be sad here and happy in heaven than happy here and end up in the hot place.
--hide--

Hot place = Florida? duck
Dec 18th 2012 new
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Can't we be happy here AND be happy in Heaven?
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Can't we be happy here AND be happy in Heaven?
--hide--

Lina, found Heaven, AZ! laughing
Posts 21 - 30 of 64