Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

12/18/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Clair, sadly, I would say that in general men do not live up to their call to protect women, and they...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Clair, sadly, I would say that in general men do not live up to their call to protect women, and they don't even do it here on CM.

One of the most basic things for which a woman needs protection is of her heart, and many hearts are broken here everday in how men respond (or make that don't respond) to the women on CM. A gentle return of a hello and a good wish is all that is needed, that is "Protection 101" of protecting women's hearts from harm, and guys on here fail at that all the time.

Every time a man doesn't respond with courtesy and a kind word, or an encouragement of their vocation (not with you, but in general), you do a little harm to a woman's heart. And that harm is cumulative, and in the long run, affects a woman's seeking (and the fulfillment) of her vocation to marriage. Even if you dont want to marry her, don't harm her in way, (great OR small), that in the long run, leave her with wounds (great or small). That is not protecting, in my opinion....

To put it in guy terms, think of every encounter with every woman like camping-- do not leave the campground in worse shape than when you arrived.

I am sure there are some men of honor out there...but I don't run into them very often, on CM or otherwise, I am sorry to say .....

--hide--

I think that with the radical feminist movement, many women pushed men away and refused protection - or even having a door opened. Now there are women petitioning again to be able to go into combat. They want to be just like men. I think it's very sad. soapbox

12/18/2012 new
(Quote) Lisa-910908 said: I think that with the radical feminist movement, many women pushed men away and refused protecti...
(Quote) Lisa-910908 said:

I think that with the radical feminist movement, many women pushed men away and refused protection - or even having a door opened. Now there are women petitioning again to be able to go into combat. They want to be just like men. I think it's very sad.

--hide--

This should get me in stir the pot! Its getting cold!! Have you ever heard Rush's idea of the Amazon brigade? 52 platoons so any one week there would be a group suffering from PMS shocked What a fighting force! Hell hath no fury... laughing
12/18/2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Michael, watch where you walk. This thread has all the makings and just has been se...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Michael, watch where you walk. This thread has all the makings and just has been set-up to be another male bash-fest.

Tread very carefully!

--hide--

Sorry Victor. I often like what you write but this time I disagree. Making a criticism of some men does not equal male-bashing (probably referring to Pat's and my posts). If you read a bit further, there were some "women bashing" posts as well (meant to be humor but not that funny). It's not just radical feminists that are to blame for the lack of male protection, some men refused to take responsibility as God gave them. It's ok to point that out, doesn't mean all men do it, but there seems to be a lot who do.

12/18/2012 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: This should get me in ! Have you ever heard Rush's idea of the Amazon brigade? 52 platoons so ...
(Quote) Clair-6292 said:

This should get me in ! Have you ever heard Rush's idea of the Amazon brigade? 52 platoons so any one week there would be a group suffering from PMS What a fighting force! Hell hath no fury...
--hide--

duck lil mikie raspberry

12/18/2012 new
(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said: (Quote) Clair-6292 said: This should get me in ! Have you ever heard Rush's idea ...
(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said:

Quote:
Clair-6292 said:

This should get me in ! Have you ever heard Rush's idea of the Amazon brigade? 52 platoons so any one week there would be a group suffering from PMS What a fighting force! Hell hath no fury...

--hide--
The unit's commander has come out of hiding!
12/18/2012 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: This should get me in ! Have you ever heard Rush's idea of the Amazon brigade? 52 platoons so ...
(Quote) Clair-6292 said:

--hide--
laughing laughing shhh clap Bow thumbsup stir the pot! Its getting cold!

12/18/2012 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: The unit's commander has come out of hiding!
(Quote) Clair-6292 said: The unit's commander has come out of hiding!
--hide--

wink ...how little you know...

12/18/2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: That's a hard question to answer Clair. I don't think this is an ideal place, an...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

That's a hard question to answer Clair. I don't think this is an ideal place, an online community, for a man to be able to protect me.

I think society has ruined the male/female roles But I have hope that the Catholic Church still has it correct.

I recently posted a link to Theology of the Body websites , for us to know our unique call to greatness Here is the link again.
thetheologyofthebody.com

Praying for us to know how wonderful God's design really is ...

--hide--
This probably hasn't happened to you, but some comments made to our fine CM ladies have been rude or disrespectful. There are gentleman on CM who will defend victims of unfair treatment. The obvious goal is to restore peace and tranquility. This could probably be called virtual defense.

In real life, it's instinctive in most men to be protectors of women. It's not because of an air of superiority or an act of chauvinism -- far from it. It's out of respect for women.

12/18/2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Can't we be happy here AND be happy in Heaven?
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: Can't we be happy here AND be happy in Heaven?
--hide--
Actually, no. The ultimate and true happiness will belong to those who earn their way into heaven. On earth, we're in an imperfect environment.

12/19/2012 new
(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said: ...how little you know...
(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said:

...how little you know...

--hide--

shhh Don't ruin my image. Too Many on CM would have their world fall apart if they knew how little I know laughing Are you still in hiding or what did I get wrong? hug rosary
Posts 31 - 40 of 64