Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 12th 2012 new

I am a teacher, and many of my heroes and best friends have been male teachers. Who cares what ignorant people think -- we know the truth! :)

Dec 12th 2012 new

Not at all. If anything, I think it inspires confidence that a man who is a teacher has the potential to be an excellent partner, friend, father. God bless you, Brian.

p.s. Love that pic! Shows you have personality and joy. :)

Dec 12th 2012 new

Agree with the other ladies comments--my former fiance was a teacher, so I guess that answers for me!

Male teachers make great dads, are great role models, are smart, have great patience.

Teachers also can make decent money. (Not so much in the Catholic schools, but public schools which are usually unionized, or private schools).

We will always need teachers...job security.

And they get the summers off!

Sounds like a great deal to me!

Dec 12th 2012 new

Teachers are awesome! God bless them!

Dec 12th 2012 new

Teachers are a special gift from God's big heart hug

Love teachers - I have a sister who is a retired teacher flower

They are smart, kind , patient and nurturing.

Jesus was the greatest teacher of all theheart

Dec 12th 2012 new
As a Teaching Assistant, I would be a great match for a Teacher! Not scoffing. No way. The teachers I know are incredible, selfless heroes.
Dec 12th 2012 new

I think that teacher's are admirable, it does take a special person to teach. I think in today's world it is often necessary for both spouses to work, so from a financial perspective it doesn't make a difference to me as long as a man can contribute something. I tend to assess individual men for their ability to lead (co-lead) a family. I don't believe a particular profession has anything to do with it. Can you listen? Can you offer emotional support? Will you let your spouse help you when you need it? Are you dedicated to your job (that is an attractive quality)? Obviously you have to bring some work home but are you able to fully seperate your personal life from your work life? These are obviously rhetorical for the purposes of this forum but these are the kind of questions I ask when I assess or consider someone as a choice for my life partner. Have you had experiences where you find women feel this way?

Dec 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: In this crazy new world, do y'all ladies scoff at men who are teachers, and see them as not b...
(Quote) Brian-144650 said:

In this crazy new world, do y'all ladies scoff at men who are teachers, and see them as not being able to support a family/home/wife? I might not mean scoff as so harshly, but maybe not consider them first choice? Just a question...discuss

--hide--

Men who are teachers are awesome!!!!!

Dec 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Brian-144650 said: In this crazy new world, do y'all ladies scoff at men who are teachers, and see them as not being able to s...
(Quote) Brian-144650 said:

In this crazy new world, do y'all ladies scoff at men who are teachers, and see them as not being able to support a family/home/wife? I might not mean scoff as so harshly, but maybe not consider them first choice? Just a question...discuss

--hide--

I am more concerned about the quality of life with my husband. Therefor, I am very attracted to gentlemen who are teachers and professors of any subject(s).
Dec 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: As a teacher myself (and at a Catholic school at that!) I know teachers ma...
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

As a teacher myself (and at a Catholic school at that!) I know teachers make enough to get by and to have a little fun. It requires financial discipline, but it is most certainly possible. Plus, LOTS of vacation time to spend with the family! I think a lot of women would agree that being less financially wealthy but having their husband at home is worth more than material riches with a husband gone all the time.

--hide--

I am one of those who agree!
Posts 11 - 20 of 49