Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: In this crazy new world, do y'all ladies scoff at men who are teachers, and see them as not b...
(Quote) Brian-144650 said:

In this crazy new world, do y'all ladies scoff at men who are teachers, and see them as not being able to support a family/home/wife? I might not mean scoff as so harshly, but maybe not consider them first choice? Just a question...discuss

--hide--
I'm a teacher also.Yes we make a lot less than those with equal qualifications.There are less men than women in teaching.Many say its because of the financial drawbacks.

It's important that you are comfortable with your job.Teaching provides you with a lot more time for family which is a plus for those who are looking to get married.Lots of teachers marry teachers here.They get to spend their vacation together and with their children.Teachers' children also have more parental support and usually do well in school.Better than a big houses and cars without anyone home to share it with wink

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: All I can say (both Men & Women) who are "Teachers" on here and through out this USA...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

All I can say (both Men & Women) who are "Teachers" on here and through out this USA ( and around the world) All i can say God Love you all; You deserve (every penny) I don't care what Grade you teach; You all deserve a better Salary too! wish i could Give You all a raise in pay; Because you all deserve it!! Take care all Mike "peace"!!

--hide--
Thanks Mike. wave You get a Gold Star!

Wish you were in charge of our negotiations now.

God bless

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: In this crazy new world, do y'all ladies scoff at men who are teachers, and see them as not b...
(Quote) Brian-144650 said:

In this crazy new world, do y'all ladies scoff at men who are teachers, and see them as not being able to support a family/home/wife? I might not mean scoff as so harshly, but maybe not consider them first choice? Just a question...discuss

--hide--

I'm a teacher and got purple marker all over my white coat. Today I had ink on my hands that wouldn't completely wash off. Then I realized it was from the stamp pad. You ever have those days where you think, "Where did that mark come from?"

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: You ever have those days where you think, "Where did that mark come from?"
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

You ever have those days where you think, "Where did that mark come from?"

--hide--

Once you reach a certain age it'll be a daily occurrence! sad

theheart

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Once you reach a certain age it'll be a daily occurrence! ...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Once you reach a certain age it'll be a daily occurrence!

--hide--
hug

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Once you reach a certain age it'll be a daily occurrence! ...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Once you reach a certain age it'll be a daily occurrence!

--hide--
That took me a while to get.

Dec 14th 2012 new

Hmm, I wonder where Brian went? scratchchin

With the tough job market, my problem is finding a place to teach. Right now I'm mostly subbing at various schools and I'm looking into some paraprofessional opportunities. It's great to see that so many are still appreciative of the teaching profession :)

Dec 15th 2012 new

Just enjoying the color commentary...

Dec 15th 2012 new
Never thought of it in that perspective because teaching is noble and I think I can support so would not be an issue. Marriage is shared responsibility .2 people working together will make it work no after what .
Dec 24th 2012 new

I'm a teacher. I don't care what people think of my vocation. I love it and the impact on have on young folks.

Posts 31 - 40 of 49