Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: In this crazy new world, do y'all ladies scoff at men who are teachers, and see them as not b...
(Quote) Brian-144650 said:

In this crazy new world, do y'all ladies scoff at men who are teachers, and see them as not being able to support a family/home/wife? I might not mean scoff as so harshly, but maybe not consider them first choice? Just a question...discuss

--hide--

eyepopping Seriously?

Absolutely not. I was a teacher for a long time. I would admire a guy courageous enough to take on that responsibility. Plus that shows he is good with kids, can stick to a schedule, multitask, and must have a great degree of patience. I think being a teacher makes a guy more attractive by far.

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: In this crazy new world, do y'all ladies scoff at men who are teachers, and see them as not b...

In this crazy new world, do y'all ladies scoff at men who are teachers, and see them as not being able to support a family/home/wife? I might not mean scoff as so harshly, but maybe not consider them first choice? Just a question...discuss

--hide--

Being a teach is a very noble profession ... and if a woman scoffs at your being a teacher, even gentle scoffing, she's not worthy of you, Brian ... move on.

A very happy Christmastide to you and yours!

snowman fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy snowman

Dec 28th 2012 new

--hide--

I'm sure you've seen this before. Here is a G-rated joke about teachers. www.youtube.com

Dec 28th 2012 new

--hide--

I know I already posted. NO I would loove to marry a teacher. I hope this helps you calculate that you have a lot of value to offer botha wife and the world. PLEASE believe it... I never have scoffed and have liked a few of them very much and wanted to marry them.

Dec 28th 2012 new

--hide--

You are not going to have any problem finding someone - especially with that super hilarious picture and a super interesting profile to read! Any smart girl your age will see the quality! And as far as being a teacher, a smart woman will appreciate a man who loves his job more than a man with more money. You are happy when you enjoy what you do. Money does not mean happiness (though it can certainly minimize some challenges). Now go out there and be confident about being a teacher!

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I'm sure you've seen this before. Here is a G-rated joke about teachers. ht...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

I'm sure you've seen this before. Here is a G-rated joke about teachers. www.youtube.com

--hide--

I hope you find that special someone her on Catholic Match. From one teacher to another, good luck.

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I hope you find that special someone her on Catholic Match. From one teacher to ano...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

I hope you find that special someone her on Catholic Match. From one teacher to another, good luck.

--hide--

I mean HERE on Catholic Match (not her).

Dec 29th 2012 new
My mom is a retired teacher so of course I respect it as a career choice..and if I get a masters in psychology I can teach too ;)
Dec 29th 2012 new
I have a friend that wants to marry a Jewish, genius, multimilionaire..seriously...and she thinks these are the only criteria she'll settle for..but she also has been in abusive relationships where she had to stop dating for a while to figure out why she was picking dangerous men...one time she asked me if I would marry a trash man..I said if I loved him and he was happy with his profession it wouldn't matter to me..she was really surprised that I would "let it happen"...she herself is working on her ph.d, but I think she is riddiculous...she might find someone who meets her standards but at 31 she hasn't found him yet. She places a lot of wieght on taking trips to Paris, jewelry and other "stuff" she can get from a guy and not really on what love is..to a woman like that, a particular career might matter and you would probably have to convince her if you loved her but to most women..whatever makes you happy, and makes you feel fulfilled is not going to matter what exact profession you choose.
Posts 41 - 49 of 49