Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

12/15/2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I understand that maybe God has someone planned for me outside of my age range-eith...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

I understand that maybe God has someone planned for me outside of my age range-either up or down. In your example, the older one was the father-it usually is, but let's say the tables are turned. John, would you be willing to go up 18 years and date a 47 year old? There is nothing wrong with people dating others much younger or older, but I'm saying I'm not there yet. I'm attracted to people my own age, who have things in common with me.

--hide--

Probably not, and I'll willingly admit (and probably be flamed for it) that I'm selfish when it comes to procreation and would like to be able to father 5+ kids with whoever I marry. That said, if it is Gods plan that I marry someone significantly older than He will lead me to that. I also don't believe in a "one" and that there are many I could marry who would be "the one" I love for the rest of my life, and who I can have a sanctifying marriage with, so the odds that none of those "many" are in their 20's and in conformity with my desires is very low.

12/15/2012 new

I'm still fairly new to CM and still figuring out how things work. My preference is about up to 5 years older or younger (I have dated men a little younger and it went pretty well). I often get mistaken as younger than I am, and I seem to get the most attention in real life from men about 10 years younger than me. I want to be open to God's will, but I am still not ready to date someone that much younger. I have 4 younger brothers older than him! Luckily, once the age thing is revealed, I have developed some good friendships with these men. On CM, I haven't had a lot of people message me (what am I doing wrong?!? boggled ) but those who viewed me seem to be between 30 and 60 - a little too big a spread for me but it's just views and everyone has a right to look. For those who've messaged me or emoted me, I will always return at least one courteous response. I don't want to encourage something further that I don't see a future potential for.

12/15/2012 new

I think as people get older the age difference doesn't matter as much. Someone in their 20's or 30's might see a 5 year difference as a lot where I might not notice it at all.

12/15/2012 new
(Quote) Marita-847688 said: Now I'm starting to feel terrible just starting this post in the first place. Go ahea...

Now I'm starting to feel terrible just starting this post in the first place. Go ahead and ask her. No harm done.

--hide--

Nah, this was almost two years ago. I debated it in my head a lot at the time and was still having some feelings of regret but after reading this post I'm feeling glad I didn't!
12/15/2012 new

(Quote) Sergio-566645 said: Nah, this was almost two years ago. I debated it in my head a lot at the time and was still hav...
(Quote) Sergio-566645 said:

Nah, this was almost two years ago. I debated it in my head a lot at the time and was still having some feelings of regret but after reading this post I'm feeling glad I didn't!
--hide--

Well, in the future, just ask the lady you are interested in. Maybe it's better than wondering.

12/15/2012 new

(Quote) John-324285 said: Probably not, and I'll willingly admit (and probably be flamed for it) that I'm s...
(Quote) John-324285 said:

Probably not, and I'll willingly admit (and probably be flamed for it) that I'm selfish when it comes to procreation and would like to be able to father 5+ kids with whoever I marry. That said, if it is Gods plan that I marry someone significantly older than He will lead me to that. I also don't believe in a "one" and that there are many I could marry who would be "the one" I love for the rest of my life, and who I can have a sanctifying marriage with, so the odds that none of those "many" are in their 20's and in conformity with my desires is very low.

--hide--

HaHa! The second I read "I'm selfish when it comes to procreation." I thought you were going to lean on the side of no kids or 1 or 2. Then when I saw the 5 plus I was stunned.

12/15/2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: HaHa! The second I read "I'm selfish when it comes to procreation." I...

HaHa! The second I read "I'm selfish when it comes to procreation." I thought you were going to lean on the side of no kids or 1 or 2. Then when I saw the 5 plus I was stunned.

--hide--

I'm glad there are men that are willing to be open to having children. biggrin

12/16/2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I've always looked young for my age...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I've always looked young for my age...

--hide--

And you still do! wink God bless you. biggrin

theheart

12/16/2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: Now I'm starting to feel terrible just starting this post in the first place. <...

Now I'm starting to feel terrible just starting this post in the first place.

--hide--

Why in the world would you allow yourself to feel guilty for being you? Why would you apologize for a wrong that you have not committed?

Be proud of who you are and be even prouder to hold the values that you hold most dear, don't apologize for it. Apologizing for being the person you are only emboldens your detractors and validates the criticisms that you have endured. irked

You're better than that. hug

theheart

12/16/2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Why in the world would you allow yourself to feel guilty for being you? Wh...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Why in the world would you allow yourself to feel guilty for being you? Why would you apologize for a wrong that you have not committed?

Be proud of who you are and be even prouder to hold the values that you hold most dear, don't apologize for it. Apologizing for being the person you are only emboldens your detractors and validates the criticisms that you have endured.

You're better than that.

--hide--

Amen! Be who you are, who God created you to be, with all your feelings, desires, values, wonderfulness! Never feel bad for being exactly who God made you to be!

Like my kid's favorite tv teacher Ms Frizzle says: "Take chances! Make mistakes! Ask questions!!"

Posts 21 - 30 of 74