Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Dec 16th 2012 new

This is an interesting discussion. Allow me to take part. I also have age preference in a range of few years, however, I also have a friend who says that she likes someone much older, say 7 - 10 years older. And one of my best friend also married someone who is 11 years older. So I think it's all about preference, how you have formed it in your mind since you were young. I just knew it after these friends revealed it to me. As for me, after debating it for quite a long time, I go back to where everything started, my own preference, but giving a bit wider range this time.

Nowadays when people introduce me to a guy, the age difference is always big. When I ask why, an old relative explained that if you're still 25 for example, 8-10 years difference would mean the guy is 33-35, which usually still looks young. But when you do the same math for age 35+, of course you'll get 40+, maybe up to 50. That's why I feel frustrated sometimes.

Another thing is that recently a woman told her story about how she and her daughter have been praying for a soulmate for her daughter. Her daughter made a list, a detailed list, of the qualities that she wants in her soulmate. I think the list is very very detailed. And she got it ! exactly as she wrote.. Her story somehow evoked me, and I wondered whether we have to tell God exactly what we want. But really, in a very detailed way, including age range, so that He doesn't send us wrongly? boggled

Dec 16th 2012 new

This is a common thread in this forum and I have yet to understand why some women become so offended by this. I have had emails from women who are older than me and I simply don't respond, but I hardly become offended by it.

I personally would not be attracted to someone your age as I would assume that we would have little or nothing much to talk about or have anything in common with. Sorry if that sounds a little abrupt or short as I am not intending to sound that way, but this subject is a little old and run into the ground time and time again. Perhaps you should just delete those messages. That's what I do.

Dec 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Why in the world would you allow yourself to feel guilty for being you? Wh...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Why in the world would you allow yourself to feel guilty for being you? Why would you apologize for a wrong that you have not committed?

Be proud of who you are and be even prouder to hold the values that you hold most dear, don't apologize for it. Apologizing for being the person you are only emboldens your detractors and validates the criticisms that you have endured.

You're better than that.

I'm feeling guilty because this is the "find someone my own age" thread and not the "What's wrong with the good women?". I just feel I may have hurt some feelings. Maybe? I'm sorry to anyone who I have hurt.

--hide--

Dec 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Why in the world would you allow yourself to feel guilty for being you? Wh...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Why in the world would you allow yourself to feel guilty for being you? Why would you apologize for a wrong that you have not committed?

Be proud of who you are and be even prouder to hold the values that you hold most dear, don't apologize for it. Apologizing for being the person you are only emboldens your detractors and validates the criticisms that you have endured.

You're better than that.

--hide--

I'm feeling guilty because this thread is the "Why can't I get someone my own age?" thread and not the "What's wrong with the good woman?" thread. I'm sorry if I have hurt anyone's feelings.

Dec 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I'm feeling guilty because this thread is the "Why can't I get someone my ...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

I'm feeling guilty because this thread is the "Why can't I get someone my own age?" thread and not the "What's wrong with the good woman?" thread.

--hide--

And that's exactly my point. So, why are you feeling as though you have to defend yourself for being a "good woman" when that was never the question you were asking? If others wish to equate one with the other then that's their problem, not yours.

Don't let your heart be troubled.

theheart

Dec 16th 2012 new
(Quote) Marita-847688 said: Now I'm starting to feel terrible just starting this post in the first place. Go ahea...

Now I'm starting to feel terrible just starting this post in the first place. Go ahead and ask her. No harm done.

--hide--

Don't feel bad starting this thread. There was one very similar to it in the women's forum. I told a man the exact same thing about age, he saw no problem going 16 years younger, but when I challenged him if he would go 16 years older he said no, of course not. I replied, but you want me to.. He closed communication with me. I have also had to tell much younger guys that they were too young and got a short response, but at least they didn't close communication
Dec 16th 2012 new

My good friend from highschool married a woman 16 years older than him -- she is now 65 to his 49 -- and they have been married 20 years, and very happily!

Dec 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: My good friend from highschool married a woman 16 years older than him -- she is now 65 to his 4...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

My good friend from highschool married a woman 16 years older than him -- she is now 65 to his 49 -- and they have been married 20 years, and very happily!

--hide--

Soooooo, your saying there is a chance wink laughing

Dec 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I'm new to the fora. This is only my second post, but I have been on Catholic Match for a wh...

I'm new to the fora. This is only my second post, but I have been on Catholic Match for a while. I am 27 years old and suddenly I feel really old because I keep getting views from older men. I don't mind a few (FEW is the key word) years up or down. I actually feel like I'm quite flexible. I'm willing to go down up to 4 years and up up to 5 years. I wouldn't mind going a few years older if he has some of the qualities in there I like to see. I'll admit lately most of the guys who I've viewed or have viewed have been in that range, but I'm tired of men in in their 40's trying to contact me. Call me shallow, but here's how I see it. If I were to contact him, I'm saying I'm willing to go up at least 13 years. Would this same 40+ year old man be willing to go up 13 years to 53? I'm thinking since he's contacting much younger women the answer is no. More often than not, men in my preference category 23-32 or 33 contact me, but I get creeped out when much older men try to contact me. Ever since I turned 27, I've surrendered my right to date men my own age. I've seen post after post of men saying they'd be willing to go down to women MUCH younger but only a couple of years older. Why the hypocrsy?

I've followed some posts in the fora before, so I know this is the same tune under a different name. I'm pretty sure who is going to respond to this post since I have browsed the fora several times.

--hide--
Angela gave you good advice- make it abundantly clear in your profile the age range you are looking for. Almost checked your profile to see if you did that, but that would REEEAALLY creep you out! shocked There should be a 'DOM alert' on CM to warn about guys looking for women half their age.

Dec 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Angela gave you good advice- make it abundantly clear in your profile the age range you are looki...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Angela gave you good advice- make it abundantly clear in your profile the age range you are looking for. Almost checked your profile to see if you did that, but that would REEEAALLY creep you out! There should be a 'DOM alert' on CM to warn about guys looking for women half their age.

--hide--

Too funny. Hi, Peter. It's nice to finally meet you.

Posts 31 - 40 of 74