Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

12/16/2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I understand that maybe God has someone planned for me outside of my age range-eith...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

I understand that maybe God has someone planned for me outside of my age range-either up or down. In your example, the older one was the father-it usually is, but let's say the tables are turned. John, would you be willing to go up 18 years and date a 47 year old? There is nothing wrong with people dating others much younger or older, but I'm saying I'm not there yet. I'm attracted to people my own age, who have things in common with me.

--hide--

I'd say your first statement is right on target, Marita. Being open to God's plan eliminates all the worry. I do agree that you have to be comfortable with whomever you are getting to know. But, God just might surprise you. I didn't even want to date my husband and tried to avoid him, but he was a persistent fellow and we had 34 good years together.

If we limit who we will consider based on age, height, education, etc., we take the choice totally out of God's hands and limit God's efforts to offer us a happy life. Just my two cents. Thanks for starting such interesting threads. smile

- Elizabeth

12/16/2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: I'd say your first statement is right on target, Marita. Being open to God&#...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

I'd say your first statement is right on target, Marita. Being open to God's plan eliminates all the worry. I do agree that you have to be comfortable with whomever you are getting to know. But, God just might surprise you. I didn't even want to date my husband and tried to avoid him, but he was a persistent fellow and we had 34 good years together.

If we limit who we will consider based on age, height, education, etc., we take the choice totally out of God's hands and limit God's efforts to offer us a happy life. Just my two cents. Thanks for starting such interesting threads.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Right, but is it selfish of me to hope the person God has planned for me is in their 20s or 30s? I realize we will all age with time, but I want someone who is like me in at least the age factor. I am progressing, though. When I first joined Catholic Match my preference was evn more limited.

12/16/2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: Right, but is it selfish of me to hope the person God has planned for me is in thei...

Right, but is it selfish of me to hope the person God has planned for me is in their 20s or 30s? I realize we will all age with time, but I want someone who is like me in at least the age factor. I am progressing, though. When I first joined Catholic Match my preference was evn more limited.

--hide--

I sincerely hope this is not hindering my likeability.

12/16/2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: (Quote) Marita-847688 said: Right, but is it selfish of me t...

Quote:
Marita-847688 said:

Right, but is it selfish of me to hope the person God has planned for me is in their 20s or 30s?

I sincerely hope this is not hindering my likeability.

--hide--

No and no.

theheart

12/21/2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I'm new to the fora. This is only my second post, but I have been on Catholic Match for a wh...

I'm new to the fora. This is only my second post, but I have been on Catholic Match for a while. I am 27 years old and suddenly I feel really old because I keep getting views from older men. I don't mind a few (FEW is the key word) years up or down. I actually feel like I'm quite flexible. I'm willing to go down up to 4 years and up up to 5 years. I wouldn't mind going a few years older if he has some of the qualities in there I like to see. I'll admit lately most of the guys who I've viewed or have viewed have been in that range, but I'm tired of men in in their 40's trying to contact me. Call me shallow, but here's how I see it. If I were to contact him, I'm saying I'm willing to go up at least 13 years. Would this same 40+ year old man be willing to go up 13 years to 53? I'm thinking since he's contacting much younger women the answer is no. More often than not, men in my preference category 23-32 or 33 contact me, but I get creeped out when much older men try to contact me. Ever since I turned 27, I've surrendered my right to date men my own age. I've seen post after post of men saying they'd be willing to go down to women MUCH younger but only a couple of years older. Why the hypocrsy?

I've followed some posts in the fora before, so I know this is the same tune under a different name. I'm pretty sure who is going to respond to this post since I have browsed the fora several times.

--hide--

I'm right there with you, Marita! I stated in my profile that I would like to get someone *near* my age range (no older than 33, and even that's pushing it - which I'm willing to do if he's a gentleman), yet I get messages or winks from men in their upper 30's and beyond. I really think that they don't even take the time to read my profile, which makes me wonder why they sent me wink or message. Because they liked my picture? While that is flattering, I would rather have someone send me a message because they were attracted to who they see me to be as a person from what's written in my profile. One of my best friends was on here a few months back, and she had the same problem, but met someone only a few years older than her. So please don't feel disheartened, hon. There's always hope! hug

12/21/2012 new
(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I'm new to the fora. This is only my second post, but I have been on Catholic Match for a while. I am 27...

I'm new to the fora. This is only my second post, but I have been on Catholic Match for a while. I am 27 years old and suddenly I feel really old because I keep getting views from older men. I don't mind a few (FEW is the key word) years up or down. I actually feel like I'm quite flexible. I'm willing to go down up to 4 years and up up to 5 years. I wouldn't mind going a few years older if he has some of the qualities in there I like to see. I'll admit lately most of the guys who I've viewed or have viewed have been in that range, but I'm tired of men in in their 40's trying to contact me. Call me shallow, but here's how I see it. If I were to contact him, I'm saying I'm willing to go up at least 13 years. Would this same 40+ year old man be willing to go up 13 years to 53? I'm thinking since he's contacting much younger women the answer is no. More often than not, men in my preference category 23-32 or 33 contact me, but I get creeped out when much older men try to contact me. Ever since I turned 27, I've surrendered my right to date men my own age. I've seen post after post of men saying they'd be willing to go down to women MUCH younger but only a couple of years older. Why the hypocrsy?

I've followed some posts in the fora before, so I know this is the same tune under a different name. I'm pretty sure who is going to respond to this post since I have browsed the fora several times.

--hide--

Number dyslexia! People are thinking you ar 72? wide eyed I better see my eye doctor!
12/21/2012 new

(Quote) John-324285 said: I'd just like to point out that St. Bernatette's father was 18 years older than her mother...
(Quote) John-324285 said:

I'd just like to point out that St. Bernatette's father was 18 years older than her mother. If such a saint can be produced by that marriage than why are we complaining at all. The goal of marriage is to help your spouse to sanctity and be open to life in the marital act. Other things are mostly our selfishness shining through and putting OUR limitations on things instead of being open to what God wants.

--hide--

John, marrying with such an age difference was the norm back then, though. The age difference was even greater between Our Lady and St. Joseph. :)

However, while marrying someone much younger or older is up to the couple, times have changed. And just as you are open to having many children, many of us ladies are, too. The biggest worry, I guess you could say, about having a spouse so many years older than ourselves would be that, while we're still young, he's getting older, and we could be left as young widows with many little ones to raise alone, while mending a broken heart. Children should have both parents to raise them. So, for both you and Marita (as well as myself), I hope God grants our prayers, and leads us to the person who is meant to be our spouse. Hopefully, (s)he will be in our age range. Praying

12/21/2012 new

I can't attract anyone my age either. It is very frustrating that the vast majority of the men who have initiated contact with me are much older. At 24 that is bad enough but at my age (60) it is just frustrating. A man in his mid 70's can be charming but we have nothing in common. I'm not done yet. I bike ride, I want to take up kayaking and I fully intend to do one more hang gliding season before I say good bye. Guys who are 14 or 15 years older (or more) complain about walking far and I want to walk around Ireland, France and Italy. (I've gone out with one or two.) I suspect the problem is that men my age are settled and financially secure and want women in their 40's or younger. I wish them well. I had a dad and I remember being in my 40's and having 60 year olds hitting on me and my feelings were actually quite the same then as they are now at the thought of someone in his mid-70's or older. It just doesn't work. Perhaps the worst part is the endlessness of it. The older men are lonely and there are hundreds more women their age single than men but they are also not interested in women their own ages. 80 year olds want 60 year old women. 60 year old men want 40 year old women. I suspect they don't turn the lights on or where their glasses when they are in the bathroom.

12/21/2012 new

(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said:The age difference was even greater between Our Lady and St. Joseph. :) left as young widows with m...
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said:The age difference was even greater between Our Lady and St. Joseph. :) left as young widows with many little ones to raise alone, while mending a broken heart. Children should have both parents to raise them.
--hide--

If you want someone your own age, that would be fine, but my class was taught that there was probably a two year difference between Mary and Joseph... and if you are that concerned about being left a widow with many little ones, maybe He is waiting until you cannot have so many? Bad things happen,you just have to trust Him to give you strength.

12/21/2012 new

You are only 27. Do not give up so easily. You need a guy your own age...OF COURSE. I didn't want my daughter to get married before she was 35. Avoid having a second marriage by waiting for the right guy the first time around. She listened and is happily married.

Posts 41 - 50 of 74