Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Dec 22nd 2012 new

That's true, there is conjecture about the age difference between Our Lady and St. Joseph.

While it isn't something that haunts my mind, if a gentleman is looking for a lady to give him children, then isn't it also fair that she look for someone with whom she can grow, spiritually and emotionally, as well as age-wise? smile I don't know about you, but I love to see the couple who have been together for many years, are parents and grandparents, and still have that love-light in their eyes. Is it too much to ask to want to give and receive that sort of love myself, someday? If it is God's will, then I will. He gives us a heart that yearns for love for a reason, so I believe that He is keeping me for someone special, and vice versa. God is Good. heart

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Keith-926558 said: This is a common thread in this forum and I have yet to understand why some women become so offen...
(Quote) Keith-926558 said:

This is a common thread in this forum and I have yet to understand why some women become so offended by this. I have had emails from women who are older than me and I simply don't respond, but I hardly become offended by it.

I personally would not be attracted to someone your age as I would assume that we would have little or nothing much to talk about or have anything in common with. Sorry if that sounds a little abrupt or short as I am not intending to sound that way, but this subject is a little old and run into the ground time and time again. Perhaps you should just delete those messages. That's what I do.

--hide--

Wow, Keith, does that mean if the woman is even a year older? Wonder if you are limiting yourself.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

I have come across many interesting profiles of women in their 20's and early thirties, and was tempted to click on them just to read. I did not however because I did not want to creep anybody out. There are people out there that want to read different profiles to learn more about the opposite sex, so they can use the knowledge to help find a mate around their own age. Good luck in your search.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: Right, but is it selfish of me to hope the person God has planned for me is in thei...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

Right, but is it selfish of me to hope the person God has planned for me is in their 20s or 30s? I realize we will all age with time, but I want someone who is like me in at least the age factor. I am progressing, though. When I first joined Catholic Match my preference was evn more limited.

--hide--

Marita, I have thought of your question since I first read it a week ago, but have not felt like I had anything more of value to add. But I ran across something one of the CM administrators said, which I think is more helpful than anything I could have come up with, in response to your question and I've listed it below.

"...more people are single because they simply put what they want ahead of what they need. Once you start doing that it is very hard to see what you need because you are so use to looking for what you want. "

I know from your profile and your posts you are a very kind person of faith. Please take my response as just another piece of the puzzle to consider and nothing more. God has so many blessings ready for us in His good time.

- Elizabeth

Dec 23rd 2012 new

Marita,
You are correct on what you are thinking of the age range. Besides the looking for a soulmate that God is leading you to, I have to look at who is closes to what I am looking for. I have a greater range below my age then I do above my age because of two factors. The first is I am very active and I have found that a lot of older women say they are active but can not keep up with me. The second reason is if I am so blessed I want more children. Unfotunelty women above 35 are at a much greater risk for complications and birth defects. Thus I do have a range from 28-42. I will preface the earlier part of that range in saying I need someone on the same life page as I am. Good luck with your search.

Dec 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: "...more people are single because they simply put what they want ahead of what they nee...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

"...more people are single because they simply put what they want ahead of what they need. Once you start doing that it is very hard to see what you need because you are so use to looking for what you want. "

I know from your profile and your posts you are a very kind person of faith. Please take my response as just another piece of the puzzle to consider and nothing more. God has so many blessings ready for us in His good time.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

HI Elizabeth,

There is a lot of wisdom in what you just posted :)

Dec 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Justin-32820 said: HI Elizabeth, There is a lot of wisdom in what you just posted :)
(Quote) Justin-32820 said:

HI Elizabeth,

There is a lot of wisdom in what you just posted :)

--hide--

Thank you, Justin. I can only take credit for recognizing the wisdom and reposting it. It spoke volumes to me.

- Elizabeth

Dec 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: Right, but is it selfish of me to hope the person God has planned for me is in thei...

Right, but is it selfish of me to hope the person God has planned for me is in their 20s or 30s? I realize we will all age with time, but I want someone who is like me in at least the age factor. I am progressing, though. When I first joined Catholic Match my preference was evn more limited.

--hide--

No..You have a free will to act upon. But I would question early twenties, it could be too young for you in this day and age. There's an old adage..if you're looking for something you'll find it. Or look in the Bible "seek and you shall find" it's really true. So, if you want a guy within a certain height and weight or maybe blond and blue eyed or has black hair with black eyes or if he's Chinese or African it's ultimately your choice and God gave all of us a free will.

The most important thing is commonality without that there is nothing. So he would have to be Catholic, and you need proof that he will be faihful to you. Selfishness is when you refuse to make a sacrifice for the greater good (your family) because it is an inconvinice to your comfort zone.

Dec 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Angela gave you good advice- make it abundantly clear in your profile the age range you are looki...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Angela gave you good advice- make it abundantly clear in your profile the age range you are looking for. Almost checked your profile to see if you did that, but that would REEEAALLY creep you out! There should be a 'DOM alert' on CM to warn about guys looking for women half their age.

--hide--
laughing

Dec 25th 2012 new

--hide--

Hmm... Mine is 26-38. :)

Posts 51 - 60 of 74