Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Why is it people on a dating site are either rude or cowardly when it comes to replying to messages? This seems to be an everyday occurance that I experience everytime I try to show interest in a persons profile? I mean really, what gives?

Dec 12th 2012 new

(Quote) James-886510 said: Why is it people on a dating site are either rude or cowardly when it comes to replying to messag...
(Quote) James-886510 said:

Why is it people on a dating site are either rude or cowardly when it comes to replying to messages? This seems to be an everyday occurance that I experience everytime I try to show interest in a persons profile? I mean really, what gives?

--hide--
From the older set --- if you'll pardon the intrusion, James....

First, we want to welcome you to the CM forums. You'll find a number of friendly, helpful, supportive people here, so we hope you will make your presence known by actively participating in topics that are of interest to you, or where you can be of help to others in need.

There have been many threads about what you ask. It's part of the online dating scene. Reasons for not responding are as varied as the number of people not replying. It's a numbers game -- keep on contacting people. Patience pays off.

Dec 12th 2012 new

I don't know if its a numbers game I'm always in pursuit and awaiting a reply. It could be positive or negative. I wouldn't mind but letting things go unanswered is just rediculous and shows a glaring negative light on the site.

Dec 12th 2012 new

I find this to be true in all communication over the internet. Someone had told me that there is no real etiquette with online communication. I get no responses from people I'm even friends with on Facebook, in regular e-mails, and texting. When it comes to online dating, I think sometimes people are not sure how to respond to a message from someone they may not be interested in. It can be a learning process for some in learning how to respond politely. Most women haven't responded back to me either, but I think one has to keep trying. I do share your frustration though!

Dec 13th 2012 new
Also please remember that not everyone may have a currently paid for account and cannot respond. I am currently one of those ladies. It makes me feel sad when I get messages from guys even though my profile even says I cannot respond. (Was dating someone for most of the year and am not quite ready to jump back into the scene yet.) The only reason I can post this is due to Free Forums Week.
Dec 13th 2012 new

I couldn't figure out how to edit my post. I'm not a paying member-that means I can't respond to messages and I can't use the chat system. So I hope no one thinks I'm rude because I can't communicate right now. (Other than this free week in the forums.)

Dec 13th 2012 new

Maybe I'm talking to freeloaders, (Sorry.) Now only CM would give matches of paying members and people actually serious about meeting someone.

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) James-886510 said: Maybe I'm talking to freeloaders, (Sorry.) Now only CM would give matches of paying members a...
(Quote) James-886510 said:

Maybe I'm talking to freeloaders, (Sorry.) Now only CM would give matches of paying members and people actually serious about meeting someone.

--hide--

James, I am sorry people haven't responded to you. However, it may be a little presumptuous to correlate membership with seriousness about meeting someone. I was a subscriber several years back and never found anyone. So, while rebudgeting and looking at saving for a special trip, I gave up the membership. I still spent time searching and reading profiles from time to time because finding a partner is important to me. Until a couple of days ago, I was one of those "freeloaders" and several men never received a response from me as a result.

Dec 14th 2012 new
Hi James! I understand your frustration, but do you think that posting in this fashion is going to attract your beautiful lady? Keep your chin up!
Dec 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-346082 said: James, I am sorry people haven't responded to you. However, it may be a little presumptuo...
(Quote) Donna-346082 said:

James, I am sorry people haven't responded to you. However, it may be a little presumptuous to correlate membership with seriousness about meeting someone. I was a subscriber several years back and never found anyone. So, while rebudgeting and looking at saving for a special trip, I gave up the membership. I still spent time searching and reading profiles from time to time because finding a partner is important to me. Until a couple of days ago, I was one of those "freeloaders" and several men never received a response from me as a result.

--hide--

Thanks for this Donna, it may explain why many of us Men (and women) never get responses! Maybe CM need to make it clearer to all who can respond and who cant. I have also suggested to CM having "a not interested" emotigram, but have yet to get a real response. I have also found that CM put a block on sending more after 4 emotigrams / messages to another member without receiving a response no matter how far apart these messages maybe sent (eg 4 emotigrams over a year to one member without a response will block you from sending anymore to that member) but CM do promote us to send emotigrams/ messsages to someone we are interested in, but do they promote Responding to emotigrams / messages we receive? And for the "Freeloaders", maybe they should be given a limit opportunity of at least responding to emotigrams / messages they may receive with an added note that they are Unpaid members at the time.(this may even help them becoming paid members)

Maybe there needs to be a limit put in place of emotigrams /messages NOT responded to, to help us respond.(encourage us to Communicate with those who have bothered to have an interest in us!) So say if someone had 10 emotigrams / messages received that hadn't been responded to, that these would have to be responded to, before they could send any new ones to anyone else. In this way encouraging us stop ignoring others interest.

To All, What are your thoughts on the above?

God bless you all.

Jake

Posts 1 - 10 of 16