Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Dec 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Jacob-203775 said: Thanks for this Donna, it may explain why many of us Men (and women) never get respo...
(Quote) Jacob-203775 said:

Thanks for this Donna, it may explain why many of us Men (and women) never get responses! Maybe CM need to make it clearer to all who can respond and who cant. I have also suggested to CM having "a not interested" emotigram, but have yet to get a real response. I have also found that CM put a block on sending more after 4 emotigrams / messages to another member without receiving a response no matter how far apart these messages maybe sent (eg 4 emotigrams over a year to one member without a response will block you from sending anymore to that member) but CM do promote us to send emotigrams/ messsages to someone we are interested in, but do they promote Responding to emotigrams / messages we receive? And for the "Freeloaders", maybe they should be given a limit opportunity of at least responding to emotigrams / messages they may receive with an added note that they are Unpaid members at the time.(this may even help them becoming paid members)

Maybe there needs to be a limit put in place of emotigrams /messages NOT responded to, to help us respond.(encourage us to Communicate with those who have bothered to have an interest in us!) So say if someone had 10 emotigrams / messages received that hadn't been responded to, that these would have to be responded to, before they could send any new ones to anyone else. In this way encouraging us stop ignoring others interest.

To All, What are your thoughts on the above?

God bless you all.

Jake

--hide--

What do I think? To me it appears that you endorse a policy of penalty and punishment to compel those who are members of this site to actively engage with others on this site that they may not want nor desire to communicate with.

At one time there was a "not interested" template, but, for whatever reason it was removed.

I will agree that the auto-block for 4 consecutive non-replies is mostly useless and, in some ways counter-productive. However, I don't agree with you on the premise of your argument, I agree because the user-controlled block feature is more effective and is executable through the free will of the user and not by a program in which the user has no control over.

Just my two cents

theheart

Dec 14th 2012 new

Jacob, I agree that a not interested button would be helpful. It is a way to respond and let others know so they are not anxiously awaiting. I understand the reasoning for not allowing email communication, even once, to non-paying members....they may email on that one allowable response, a personal email for which they could bypass membership all together. However, if we could read the messages without membership, I think that would be helpful. However, a similar response could take place. Another option would be to have an automatic reply that simply states "not currently a paid subscriber." Then the potential suiter will know why there is no response.

Dec 14th 2012 new

[quote]Victor-544727 said:

What do I think? To me it appears that you endorse a policy of penalty and punishment to compel those who are members of this site to actively engage with others on this site that they may not want nor desire to communicate with.

At one time there was a "not interested" template, but, for whatever reason it was removed.

I will agree that the auto-block for 4 consecutive non-replies is mostly useless and, in some ways counter-productive. However, I don't agree with you on the premise of your argument, I agree because the user-controlled block feature is more effective and is executable through the free will of the user and not by a program in which the user has no control over.

Just my

Thanks for the responses,

It does puzzles me why I can send many emotigrams/messages to possible matches and yet they never respond. Is it that they are unpaid members,? rude? ignore me? or just cant be bothered? It would still be nice to KNOW,( directly if possible) even if it was a "Not interested"

I am making suggestions to help encourage communication on this site, this is what everyone wants? isn't it? Or why are we all here? Maybe people who receive emotigrams/ messages from others should ask themselves " If his person has sent me a emotigram/ message maybe they are interested in me, and maybe awaiting a response, Is it proper to respond or Not?"

With regards to limits etc, if they can automate a limit on the amount of emotigrams/messages sent, why not have one set up for the emotigrams/messages received? a limit of unreplied? I have no objection to having the free will to block others, but I do ask for Christain politeness in how it is done. As if someone who was interested in you, knocked on your door to communicate with you(in a proper manner), would you answer it? ignore it? Call the police? And why would you act this way?

Any relationship is based on Communication (of some sort), without it as a relationship possible?

Are we here for serious Relationships or not? Are we just scared? Are we putting Our Will before God's Will?

God Bless. Jake

Dec 15th 2012 new

(Quote) James-886510 said: Maybe I'm talking to freeloaders, (Sorry.) Now only CM would give matches of paying members a...
(Quote) James-886510 said:

Maybe I'm talking to freeloaders, (Sorry.) Now only CM would give matches of paying members and people actually serious about meeting someone.

--hide--

James this is something that people have brought up the admin so many times. While they have responded and given a reason it (I can't remember it now) it doesn't quit make sense yet its their decision. You just have to wade through who may or may not be a paying member and trust in God to lead you to your future spouse.

Dec 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Jacob-203775 said: Maybe CM need to make it clearer to all who can respond and who cant. I have also suggested to CM...

Maybe CM need to make it clearer to all who can respond and who cant. I have also suggested to CM having "a not interested" emotigram, but have yet to get a real response . . . And for the "Freeloaders", maybe they should be given a limit opportunity of at least responding to emotigrams / messages they may receive with an added note that they are Unpaid members at the time . . . Maybe there needs to be a limit put in place of emotigrams /messages NOT responded to, to help us respond.

--hide--

Thank you Jacob--I quite agree. I have been quite frustrated by the return rate of sent messages--0% returned! I am new to the site and actively seeking. The non-responses have quite put me off. I had no idea that non-payment meant others couldn't respond, as there was no message from CM informing me. Non-responses feel like micro-rejections; the internet version of the cold shoulder. Do "freeloaders" know this?

Dec 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Jacob-203775 said:It does puzzles me why I can send many emotigrams/messages to possible matches and yet they never res...
It does puzzles me why I can send many emotigrams/messages to possible matches and yet they never respond. Is it that they are unpaid members,? rude? ignore me? or just cant be bothered? It would still be nice to KNOW,( directly if possible) even if it was a "Not interested"
--hide--

Thank you Jake;
I am getting the push to respond to those I am not interested in, I see that I need the practice...and the humility...
now to see if I get that done

Posts 11 - 16 of 16