Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Still working on full details, and will put an event page up when those are set ....

but wanted to get the date out there so you all can get this on your calendar and make those travel arrangements! biggrin

waveWe start with Saturday evening mass, then head to the Host Home for our pitch-in dinner. Chili entrees are numbered and voting is done with a blind taste test. Those that do NOT bring a contest entry will supply side dishes, appetizers, and desserts. If you sign up to bring an entry - just say 'Chili" - do NOT post or mention any identifying remarks like how hot, spicy, or specific meats / ingredients that may be in it. Keep it neutral please.

NOTE: We MAY wind up limiting the contest entries to a specific number, 12 or so. It would expedite voting and allow us to eat at a reasonable time. It's still under discussion. IF we do limit, we encourage new participants, or those who haven't won before but have 'tweaked' their recipe to try again.

As always, it's BYOB - bring what you wish, and if you are drinking alcohol, we encourage you to spend the night. Bring your own bedding (air mattress, pillow, sleeping bag) and we'll have separate places for the men and women to spend the night.

In the morning, we'll gather again for a pitch in breakfast (if you stay, we ask that you bring a pitch in item for dinner AND another one for breakfast.) We'll work with travelers to assign them easy 'store bought' pitch ins. You can come in early on Friday, and stay as long as you wish on Sunday - we usually play more games, do an activity (movie, bowling, a group walk), and generally continue the fun all through the weekend.

We'll have great food, plenty of laugh, a game or two and LOTS & LOTS of hugs! hug (MIGHT even still have a sprig of mistletoe or two hanging up from our Christmas party.......) hersheyskiss hersheyskiss hug

This will be held on the north side of Indy - probably at Nancy's (where our Christmas party was) - we'll let you know for sure on the Event page.

Travelers - arrange to fly in and out of IND. Megabus folks - let us know what times you're looking at for arrival and departure and we'll work on getting you some rides.

So MARK THOSE CALENDARS - we look forward to seeing old friends again, and to meeting many new ones! hug

If you think you may join us - post a comment here please. It will give us an idea of how many to expect, which may help us plan the location accordingly. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

SEE YOU FEB 9th!

Dec 12th 2012 new
wave I'm on board, of course!!!! I can't wait for one of my top three weekends of the year!!! So much fun! A plethora of hugs!!! Love Love Love!!! Best way to celebrate Valentine's Day is with CMmers. heartbeat
Dec 12th 2012 new
I may come from Cleveland. Reasonable Hotels nearby?
Dec 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Peter-508019 said: I may come from Cleveland. Reasonable Hotels nearby?
--hide--

Peter, you are welcome to stay at a hotel if that is what you are most comfortable with. However, you are also more than welcome to stay with the other men at one of our member's houses. We like to help keep the costs down for everyone. There are hotels nearby that some attendees use, but most people from out of town do stay over at the houses.

Do hope you will join us!!! We love to meet new people and bring them into our circle of friends. Our gatherings keep getting better and better, and it's because people take the risk to try something new to meet people! Welcome!wave
Dec 12th 2012 new

wave Gonna give it my best shot to get to this one! hug

Dec 13th 2012 new

--hide--

Peter - great that you're thinking of joining us! The hotel we usually recommend is this one:

www.comfortsuites.com

But Dawn is right - we'll be putting the men up at one of the local gent's home. If you're comfortable with that and want to save some bucks, just bring your own bedding, pillow, air mattress.

Keep watch here in this thread for further details - and we'll announce when the Event Page is up.

Dec 15th 2012 new

I guess I should post that I'm "IN" for this event laughing

Please consider joining us. I cannot guarantee that you'll have a good time, but that is a very high probability wink

I've thrown my hat into the chili ring a couple of times without even an honorable mention... so I'm considering giving it another try. Perhaps I'll make a couple of small-batch "test runs" to gauge whether I've got a good recipe or not scratchchin

Dec 16th 2012 new

Well, I will go as far as to guarantee you will have a good time....you can't help but have a wonderful time with the Indy folks!

I am going to try to get over for the cook-off...depends on work and weather.....aaaaaannd, I might throw my hat into the ring as well. My chili is pretty good weeping eyepopping but I might have to do a test run on Rob, Lucy, and the others when they come to Springfield to celebrate New Year's (yes, you guys will be my guinea pigs)! mischievous

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Helen-407474 said: Well, I will go as far as to guarantee you will have a good time....you can't help but have a...
(Quote) Helen-407474 said:

Well, I will go as far as to guarantee you will have a good time....you can't help but have a wonderful time with the Indy folks!

I am going to try to get over for the cook-off...depends on work and weather.....aaaaaannd, I might throw my hat into the ring as well. My chili is pretty good but I might have to do a test run on Rob, Lucy, and the others when they come to Springfield to celebrate New Year's (yes, you guys will be my guinea pigs)!

--hide--

Helen, it would be great to have a NEW chef with an entry into the contest! Chef Hope you can make it!

I already know of some out-of-towners who have made travel plans! biggrin Several more have expressed interest.

It's going to be another great time!
MIGHT even put up some leftover mistletoe from our Christmas party.......... eyebrow wink rose heart

Dec 18th 2012 new
(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Helen, it would be great to have a NEW chef with an entry into the contest! ...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Helen, it would be great to have a NEW chef with an entry into the contest! Hope you can make it!

I already know of some out-of-towners who have made travel plans! Several more have expressed interest.

It's going to be another great time!
MIGHT even put up some leftover mistletoe from our Christmas party..........

--hide--

scratchchin shhh I have been known to make a pretty nice pot of chilli.....lol
Posts 1 - 10 of 107