Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

02/15/2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Happy Valentines Day! I was sad that I had to cancel at the last minute.
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

Happy Valentines Day! I was sad that I had to cancel at the last minute.
--hide--

We are, too, Brenda! I was looking forward to meeting you! Luckily, CMIndy is blessed with party planners extradinaire who are so generous to open their homes to us! More events are already being planned!

02/15/2013 new
(Quote) Lisa-572677 said: We are, too, Brenda! I was looking forward to meeting you! Luckily, CMIndy is b...
(Quote) Lisa-572677 said:

We are, too, Brenda! I was looking forward to meeting you! Luckily, CMIndy is blessed with party planners extradinaire who are so generous to open their homes to us! More events are already being planned!

--hide--

Thanks Lisa
02/15/2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: (Quote) Mary-363093 said: We've received several thank you's and kudos fo...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:
Quote:
Mary-363093 said:

We've received several thank you's and kudos for putting on a great weekend, and for remembering a few members who could not join us this time. There are also several attendees who've praised the "Indy Glow" feeling they still enjoy. (LOVE that feeling - it's a 'high' like no other!)

ahhh - it fills my heart to know we touched people in positive ways. I'm so glad everyone enjoyed themselves - that's why we put forth the effort we do.

Happy Valentine's Day Plus One!

Happy Valentines Day! I was sad that I had to cancel at the last minute.
--hide--

Aww Brenda - we were too! We were all ready to show you some good ole' Hoosier hospitality! There were several of us looking forward to meeting you finally - feels like we know you already from the Forum. Hopefully you'll be able to join us for a future event. hug

02/15/2013 new
(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Aww Brenda - we were too! We were all ready to show you some good ole' Hoosier hospitality...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Aww Brenda - we were too! We were all ready to show you some good ole' Hoosier hospitality! There were several of us looking forward to meeting you finally - feels like we know you already from the Forum. Hopefully you'll be able to join us for a future event.

--hide--

Of course I will! :))
02/15/2013 new

I, for one, am waiting with baited breath for an announcement for the NEXT Indy gathering. PLEASE don't say the middle of April thru May. That's my super busy time at the Garden Center...unless, of course, you all want to come to Loogootee and help me water flowers! We may have to plan a 'Southern adventure' down here in Martin County. I promise my cabin on the lake won't disappoint. It's truly a little slice of paradise on earth.

02/16/2013 new

(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: I, for one, am waiting with baited breath for an announcement for the NEXT Indy gathering. PLEASE...
(Quote) Tracy-929496 said:

I, for one, am waiting with baited breath for an announcement for the NEXT Indy gathering. PLEASE don't say the middle of April thru May. That's my super busy time at the Garden Center...unless, of course, you all want to come to Loogootee and help me water flowers! We may have to plan a 'Southern adventure' down here in Martin County. I promise my cabin on the lake won't disappoint. It's truly a little slice of paradise on earth.

--hide--

Hi Miss Tracy! There are 3 MAJOR annual events we enjoy in the Indy area - the Christmas party, the Chili Cook Off, and the Fall Farm Camp Out.

We just announced the dates for the Camp Out - it's the first full weekend in October, the 4-5-6th. EVERYONE MARK THOSE CALENDARS! wave

The Camp Out runs from Fri night to Sunday mid afternoon at Tim's farm near Greencastle, IN. Details will be finalized and posted this summer - but everyone brings their own gear, lunches, snacks and drinks. We charge a small event activity fee that covers Fri / Sat dinners and Sat / Sun b'fasts, plus the Sunday farewell meal at 3pm. It also offsets some other expenses, including a port-a-potty, a hand wash station, etc. We usually have around 40 attendees from about a dozen different states.

On a smaller scale, we gather on many summer Saturday nights for outdoor concerts at Conner Prairie (their Symphony on the Prairie concert series) - BYOB and food, concert blankets or chairs, etc. Hotel Rob puts up out of town guests (BYO Bedding as well, lol) and as usual, we have a great time. heart

I'm with you about April and May being too busy - esp with May involving the Indy 500 - I'm usually swamped with plans for that as well as my own yard work, planting, etc.

However, if you're ever coming to the big city - let us know in advance if possible - and maybe we can try to meet you for a bite, or gather a few folks for a last minute game night, etc. We are not opposed to making last minute plans - sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Either way, it would be great to see you again. hug

02/16/2013 new
I am, again, bummed that I couldn't join you for the chili cook off this year. I am saving my money for a trip to New Orleans and Memphis in May. Hopefully next Feb. the cash flow will be better and I can subject y'all to my favorite food pun once again. mischievous
Posts 101 - 107 of 107