Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Jan 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Now THAT'S what I call GREAT Event promotion!!! I believe we've go...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Now THAT'S what I call GREAT Event promotion!!!

I believe we've got another solid member in you - and you've only been to a few gatherings. We're like that, basically addictive!
(Your check is in the mail, Patty. )

We really DO have a lot of fun. I especially like "You might walk in the door a stranger - but you will leave a friend!" TRUE!

--hide--

I actually remember how friendly the Indy group always was when I was on this site the first time. And I am very excited to finally have the opportunity to meet everyone in person next month.... biggrin
Jan 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: I actually remember how friendly the Indy group always was when I was on this site the first tim...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

I actually remember how friendly the Indy group always was when I was on this site the first time. And I am very excited to finally have the opportunity to meet everyone in person next month....
--hide--

We're getting more interest all the time, and have had at least one out-of-towner attend each of our 3 bigger annual events for the past few years. So far - I think you're traveling the furthest.........and we're praying for safe travels and decent weather! Praying

We DO like to have a good time! biggrin

Jan 30th 2013 new

Feb 9th will be here before we know it! wave SIGN UP NOW! See the event page for full details.

We have about 40 people attending so far - a few are 'maybes' - so change that status and let us know! Be sure to find us on FB as well - we post our events there too, under CAMA Indy. We have attendees from several states, most are staying overnight. We have one host home for the female slumber party, and another host home for the males. Just bring your own bedding, air mattress, pillow, etc.

Get in touch with the requested info on the Event page ASAP - or find a way to tell us how to contact you to get it. The cut off is this weekend!! eyepopping

Feb 3rd 2013 new

Chili Cook Off is Saturday! Woo Hoo! wave

35-37 attendees expected, including a handful of first timers! WELCOME Andrea, Beth, Brenda, Laurel, Maryrose, Tracy, Regina and Brian!

We expect 20-23 for Sunday brunch too - with Indy events, the fun continues throughout the entire weekend!

Reminder: 5:30pm mass at OLMC, party begins at 7pm at Rob's house. BYOB and your pitch ins. Contact me with your info if you haven't already done so. We sent out directions to all attendees who have gotten us their info.

We have 8 chili entries for the contest - there is room for more if anyone else wants to enter. Cooks - pls bring FULL crock pots, hidden completely when you bring it in to the kitchen to give to the organizers. (need enough for everyone to taste test and vote.)

Pitch Ins - We have folks bringing some potato soup, pasta salad, corn casserole, corn bread, veggie tray, a handful of appetizers and a handful of desserts as well. If you have anything additional you want to bring - go for it. Bring a good sized portion of whatever you make - we'll have plenty of hungry folks to feed. (And the leftovers will be eaten on Sunday - our events run all weekend, so we're covering several meals!) lovestruck!

Another item of MAJOR CONCERN - yes, we have arranged for BEANO to be provided as well. Have no fear! laughing laughing rolling eyes

Safe travels to everyone - and on behalf of your host team - we're looking forward to a wonderful weekend with amazing people - and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of great hugs!! hug

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Chili Cook Off is Saturday! Woo Hoo! 35-37 attendees expected, including a h...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Chili Cook Off is Saturday! Woo Hoo!

35-37 attendees expected, including a handful of first timers! WELCOME Andrea, Beth, Brenda, Laurel, Maryrose, Tracy, Regina and Brian!

We expect 20-23 for Sunday brunch too - with Indy events, the fun continues throughout the entire weekend!

Reminder: 5:30pm mass at OLMC, party begins at 7pm at Rob's house. BYOB and your pitch ins. Contact me with your info if you haven't already done so. We sent out directions to all attendees who have gotten us their info.

We have 8 chili entries for the contest - there is room for more if anyone else wants to enter. Cooks - pls bring FULL crock pots, hidden completely when you bring it in to the kitchen to give to the organizers. (need enough for everyone to taste test and vote.)

Pitch Ins - We have folks bringing some potato soup, pasta salad, corn casserole, corn bread, veggie tray, a handful of appetizers and a handful of desserts as well. If you have anything additional you want to bring - go for it. Bring a good sized portion of whatever you make - we'll have plenty of hungry folks to feed. (And the leftovers will be eaten on Sunday - our events run all weekend, so we're covering several meals!)

Another item of MAJOR CONCERN - yes, we have arranged for BEANO to be provided as well. Have no fear!

Safe travels to everyone - and on behalf of your host team - we're looking forward to a wonderful weekend with amazing people - and LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of great hugs!!

--hide--

Sorry Mary, Mom is very sick so it looks like I can't make it.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: Sorry Mary, Mom is very sick so it looks like I can't make it.
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

Sorry Mary, Mom is very sick so it looks like I can't make it.

--hide--

We'll put your Mom in our prayers, Elizabeth. Keep watching for future events! God Bless!

Feb 6th 2013 new

Ok...here's my contribution:

Homemade Angel Food cake I am making with my farm-fresh eggs (I gather 20 per day!). It's so moist, it doesn't even need icing.
I'll have to set it in back when I drive up, or the temptation to nibble will be too strong (out of sight, out of mind - kinda!)

Fresh Amish bread and my homemade strawberry freezer jam ~ it's a dessert unto itself.

Just picked up my pork at the processing plant last week...

Fresh side, bacon, tenderized ham slices, sausage patties and baby sausage links. Hope no one plans on dieting this weekend!?!?!
I'm not sure which pig it all came from, Bacon, Chops, or Ham (the kids named them, of course), but, who cares?

I'll throw 2 or 3 dozen eggs in the truck, too. if someone wants to bring the extras, we can make omellettes!

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: Ok...here's my contribution:Homemade Angel Food cake I am making with my farm-fresh e...
(Quote) Tracy-929496 said:

Ok...here's my contribution:

Homemade Angel Food cake I am making with my farm-fresh eggs (I gather 20 per day!). It's so moist, it doesn't even need icing.
I'll have to set it in back when I drive up, or the temptation to nibble will be too strong (out of sight, out of mind - kinda!)

Fresh Amish bread and my homemade strawberry freezer jam ~ it's a dessert unto itself.

Just picked up my pork at the processing plant last week...

Fresh side, bacon, tenderized ham slices, sausage patties and baby sausage links. Hope no one plans on dieting this weekend!?!?!
I'm not sure which pig it all came from, Bacon, Chops, or Ham (the kids named them, of course), but, who cares?

I'll throw 2 or 3 dozen eggs in the truck, too. if someone wants to bring the extras, we can make omellettes!

--hide--

Holy Smokes Tracy - you're spoiling us rotten! WE LOVE IT! My neighbor makes freezer jam and it is wonderful. I've never tried making it myself, but strawberry is my favorite.

It all sounds delicious. I'm making one of the 3 bfast casseroles- might swipe a doz farm fresh eggs to use instead of the store bought ones. Very cool pig names.

Drive carefully - you have our numbers - stay in touch via text or call. Looking forward to meeting you!

Feb 7th 2013 new

The weekend is just around the corner, and the weather looks great! Thanks for all those prayers!

See you all soon! I'm warming up my hugs......... hug

Feb 7th 2013 new
Turns out that if I had gotten my taxes done sooner, I might have been able to come. hissyfit I haven't filed yet, but TurboTax projects a substantial refund when I do. Ah well, y'all have fun!
Posts 51 - 60 of 107