Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Wonderful get-together! You "Midwest" folks really know how to make everyone feel welco...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Wonderful get-together! You "Midwest" folks really know how to make everyone feel welcomed! (will do my best to make it next year too!)

Thank you Mary, Dawn and Rob! Oh.....and CONGRATS Regina!

--hide--

clap

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Wonderful get-together! You "Midwest" folks really know how to make everyone feel welco...

Wonderful get-together! You "Midwest" folks really know how to make everyone feel welcomed! (will do my best to make it next year too!)

Thank you Mary, Dawn and Rob! Oh.....and CONGRATS Regina!

--hide--

How's the back?

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) Michael-76823 said: So, the question we are all dying to have answe...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
Michael-76823 said:

So, the question we are all dying to have answered... who won the Chili Cook Off???

Recipe?

#1 Regina.. Tim the Toolman's GF

#2 Dennis..

#3 Brian..

Brian, Dennis and Regina, the winners! Yummy chili's - thanks a bunch!

"Brian, Dennis and Regina, the winners! Yummy chili..."

--hide--

Some tough competition this time around... Regina pulled off the gold by one vote... It was nice to see all of you again....

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: How's the back?
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

How's the back?

--hide--
Doing better....thank you Donna. I think the weather change (76 when I left Dallas...31 when I got to Indy) didn't help. But this old injury just "flairs up" sometimes. It is usually a "nagging" pain....This issue was a pretty mean "flair up".Promise I won't be late again next year...that is if you all will have me

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Dennis-754668 said: Some tough competition this time around... Regina pulled off the gold by one vote.....
(Quote) Dennis-754668 said:

Some tough competition this time around... Regina pulled off the gold by one vote... It was nice to see all of you again....

--hide--
Dennis....it was great finally meeting you! In fact it WAS GREAT MEETING ALL OF YOU!

02/11/2013 new

Another great weekend behind us - and the Indy Glow continues. hug There really is something special we each take home with us - it's a feeling, a high of sorts. heart

Thanks to everyone who attended - it would not have been as much fun without you! Every one of you assisted in some way - with food, set up, clean up, and helping your fellow attendees - especially the first timers - feel welcome. Andrea, Laurel, Beth, Jerry, Tracy and Brian - thank you for joining in and giving our group a chance. We hope to see you all at future events as well! biggrin

Special thanks to Chris B for running a fantastic contest and for the lovely trophies - she makes the Gold, Silver, and Bronze Ladle awards every year. I'm almost ashamed to admit this (esp to this catholic audience), but those babies are COVETED! laughing

Once again - Lady Dawn of KY and Rob (of Hotel Rob) outdid themselves with decorations - every year it gets bigger and better. This year continued the explosion of hearts, ribbons, bows and mistletoe - every wall, door, mirror, bathroom, and staircase screamed VALENTINE'S DAY! One could not help but feel the love. lovestruck!

Eric brought his karaoke set up again - and the singing, dancing, and imitation talents within this group - simply indescribable. Truly, I just can't find the words...... rolling eyes eyepopping laughing Lets just leave it as there were LOTS of laughs in the entertainment portions of the evening.

Keep an eye out for future events - we have MANY smaller gatherings throughout the year, esp in the summer, that we post in threads in this room.

The next MAJOR CM / CAMA Indy event will be our 5th Annual Fall Farm Camp Out at Tim's place in Greencastle. Tim and I set the dates today - it will be the FIRST WEEKEND IN OCTOBER, the 4-5-6th. Mark your calendars and get those time off requests in at work, make those travel arrangements - we'll get an event page up sometime this summer with specific details.

As always - the Indy group is feeling mighty blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives - the fellowship, love, and spiritual support is outstanding. Again, thanks to everyone who contributed to a wonderful weekend - it's the PEOPLE who make the outing successful! hug

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Doing better....thank you Donna. I think the weather change (76 when I left Dallas...31 when I go...

Doing better....thank you Donna. I think the weather change (76 when I left Dallas...31 when I got to Indy) didn't help. But this old injury just "flairs up" sometimes. It is usually a "nagging" pain....This issue was a pretty mean "flair up".Promise I won't be late again next year...that is if you all will have me

--hide--

You're one of now Chickie.. mischievous

02/12/2013 new

A big Deo Gratias to Rob, Mary, Dawn and everyone for all the hosting, planning and making me feel so very welcome and special! Any reservations I may have had about attending an event where I did not actually KNOW anyone PERSONALLY melted away the moment I walked in the door. It was a pleasure meeting everyone! How very appropriate starting off our CATHOLIC MATCH weekend by praying the holy rosary before attending the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass together as a group.

Nancy was the ultimate 'hostess with the mostest' by opening up her home to women who entered as strangers, but left as friends. Love you, Hilda and Laurel!

To my Euchre mates, thanks for the good times.

Andrew, your guitar playing was so peaceful and relaxing. Looking forward to hearing more...

Dennis, I hope the fresh side tasted as good as you were hoping! (OK, everyone...remember this is uncured BACON!)

Sean, you didn't get a chance to tell me about your trip to Medjugorje.

Maybe next time, I'll make a FLAVORED angel food cake...we can put it up for a vote.

I hope and pray you all find what you're looking for. May God grant us all the desires of our hearts.

02/12/2013 new

(Quote) Dennis-754668 said: Regina pulled off the gold by one vote...
(Quote) Dennis-754668 said:

Regina pulled off the gold by one vote...

--hide--
Am I sensing a little jealousy Dennis? here's my hankie....... wink

02/12/2013 new

(Quote) Christine-924384 said: (Quote) Dennis-754668 said: Regina pulled off the gold by one...
(Quote) Christine-924384 said:

Quote:
Dennis-754668 said:

Regina pulled off the gold by one vote...

Am I sensing a little jealousy Dennis? here's my hankie.......

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing laughing Christine - you're going to have to come join us at one of our events. You've just proven you'll blend right in. wink hug

Posts 71 - 80 of 107