Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Dennis-754668 said: Howdy Tracy, yep the fresh side was yummo.... So was the sausage, amish bread, the ...
(Quote) Dennis-754668 said:

Howdy Tracy, yep the fresh side was yummo.... So was the sausage, amish bread, the strawberry jam... The angel food cake was gone before I could get any of it...

--hide--

I got some of it.. mischievous

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: I was interested to read this post since I moved from Indianapolis just over a year ago. I was in...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

I was interested to read this post since I moved from Indianapolis just over a year ago. I was involved in divorce ministry for a good number of years under the auspices of the Family Life Office at the Archdiocese. I had been interested in having an event of this type several years ago. I see that the date has passed. How was the turn out? I hope that anytime you schedule an event like this that may be for singles in the Indianapolis area that you would get word out to the Family Life offices at each of the neighboring dioceses. Many singles are looking for fun social events such as these.

--hide--

Hi Carol - welcome to the Forums! wave Post often and get to know others here - it's a good group!

We had 19 ppl attend mass together, about 30 for the pitch in cook off, and approx 23 for the pitch in brunch on Sunday. All CM events are member driven - there is no formal organizing or financial support from CM admin. While sometimes our local Indy outings are as simple as meeting at a restaurant for dinner together (dutch) - a handful of them are much more involved and take quite a bit of time, effort, and expense. We generally put an event page here on CM to open it up to other CMers. Many parishes have a CM advertisement in their weekly bulletins, so you may want to encourage the Family Life offices to promote CM membership as a way for Catholic singles to participate in get togethers with other like-minded people. Because the Indy group holds many parties at our personal residences, we need control of who we bring into our homes, to keep track of attendees to make sure pitch ins are covered, etc. I personally would not feel comfortable opening it up beyond our control.

My best advice for anyone looking for a fun singles outing is for them to take the bull by the horns and put one together themselves. Set the date, time, location and promote it - encourage others to attend, and spread the word. That's how we all started.

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Maybe we can get you over here for one of our summer concert outings. Hotel Rob ...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Maybe we can get you over here for one of our summer concert outings. Hotel Rob is open for overnight guests after the concerts - many times we head back there to talk or play more games - we tend to go late in the night when we get together, lol.

--hide--
Thanks Mary, sounds like a lot of fun. biggrin I have heard wonderful things about the Indy get togethers and the great people!

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Dennis-754668 said: The angel food cake was gone before I could get any of it...
(Quote) Dennis-754668 said:

The angel food cake was gone before I could get any of it...

--hide--
Hey ladies, is he always this whiny? laughing

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Christine-924384 said: Hey ladies, is he always this whiny?
(Quote) Christine-924384 said:

Hey ladies, is he always this whiny?

--hide--

paper bag My lips are sealed..(I'll say it before Dennis can "That would be the first time." wink )

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Christine-924384 said: (Quote) Dennis-754668 said: Is that bacon scented perfume you...
(Quote) Christine-924384 said:

Quote:
Dennis-754668 said:

Is that bacon scented perfume your wearing....hehe...

I was hoping you would notice

--hide--

FLIRT ALERT!!!!!

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) Christine-924384 said: Hey ladies, is he always this whiny? ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
Christine-924384 said:

Hey ladies, is he always this whiny?

My lips are sealed..(I'll say it before Dennis can "That would be the first time." )

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing That's to the comments BOTH of you posted! laughing

Christine - Dennis really is one of the good ones - friendly, helpful and kind. A little attention - and some good food and drink - now and then is all it takes to keep them happy. wink rolling eyes

We Indy gals are blessed to have some truly fantastic men attend our parties. Faith filled, funny, and 100% gentlemen to the core.

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: That's to the comments BOTH of you posted! Christine - Dennis really is one of...

That's to the comments BOTH of you posted!

Christine - Dennis really is one of the good ones - friendly, helpful and kind. A little attention - and some good food and drink - now and then is all it takes to keep them happy.

We Indy gals are blessed to have some truly fantastic men attend our parties. Faith filled, funny, and 100% gentlemen to the core.

--hide--
I think that you're going to make him blush when he reads this biggrin He is a good guy--with a good sense of humor, heehee, we like to razz each other biggrin

Feb 15th 2013 new

We've received several thank you's and kudos for putting on a great weekend, and for remembering a few members who could not join us this time. There are also several attendees who've praised the "Indy Glow" feeling they still enjoy. (LOVE that feeling - it's a 'high' like no other!)

faint faint heart ahhh - it fills my heart to know we touched people in positive ways. I'm so glad everyone enjoyed themselves - that's why we put forth the effort we do.

Happy Valentine's Day Plus One! rose

Feb 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-363093 said: We've received several thank you's and kudos for putting on a great weekend, and for remembering a few m...

We've received several thank you's and kudos for putting on a great weekend, and for remembering a few members who could not join us this time. There are also several attendees who've praised the "Indy Glow" feeling they still enjoy. (LOVE that feeling - it's a 'high' like no other!)

ahhh - it fills my heart to know we touched people in positive ways. I'm so glad everyone enjoyed themselves - that's why we put forth the effort we do.

Happy Valentine's Day Plus One!

--hide--

rose Happy Valentines Day! I was sad that I had to cancel at the last minute. rose
Posts 91 - 100 of 107