Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: This would be very wrong, Ryan. If we were created to be equal we would ha...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

This would be very wrong, Ryan. If we were created to be equal we would have been created the same in every way, thus to be able to exist and thrive in the absense of the other. You know as well as I do that is not true, nor could it ever be.

God created us different and for very specific reasons. Man and woman were created to be the companion to each other, to complement. It is only when man and woman come together that this world that God created can truly prosper and grow. If man and woman were created equal there wouldn't be man and woman. Woman was created to be what man was never intended to be, and why man would have never survived without her.

--hide--

exactly.

Jan 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Patrick-235584 said: ummm,.. question,.. where do you get the notion that G...
(Quote) Patrick-235584 said:

ummm,.. question,.. where do you get the notion that God created men and women as equals?

--hide--

We are equally valuable to God and equally valuable to each other. Mankind (men and women) were both given the same unalienable rights in society as human beings that together make up "mankind".
Jan 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Victor-544727 said: This would be very wrong, Ryan. If we were created to be equal we would h...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

This would be very wrong, Ryan. If we were created to be equal we would have been created the same in every way, thus to be able to exist and thrive in the absense of the other. You know as well as I do that is not true, nor could it ever be.

--hide--

I don't think you're thinking of the word "equal" in the right context. Clearly I didn't mean "equal" as in we are the same. As I said above we are equally valuable to God and equally valuable to each other and both men and women have the same unalienable rights within society. As I said multiple times already, who we are and what we do as individuals in society is not the same as our roles within marriage.
Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Ryan-900446 said: We are equally valuable to God and equally valuable to each other. Mankind (men and women) were b...
(Quote) Ryan-900446 said:

We are equally valuable to God and equally valuable to each other. Mankind (men and women) were both given the same unalienable rights in society as human beings that together make up "mankind".
--hide--

if I'm not mistaken, you had said that we were made equal by God. Yes, it's true that we we're made equally VALUABLE to God, but not equaly in the scheme of things. We are not equal, men have roles in life just like women have their roles in life. To me, since the inception of feminism, it seems to me, that women want to "do it all". In other words, they want to be the man, as well as be the woman. So, that leads back to the original question, maybe men don't feel women need us, because they want to be us! When in a relationship, whether dating or in marriage, when the man can't be the man, then all hope is lost. We are not equal, we are two seperate individuals with different roles, trying to help each other, as well as their family, get to Heaven.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-235584 said: if I'm not mistaken, you had said that we were made equal by God. Ye...
(Quote) Patrick-235584 said:

if I'm not mistaken, you had said that we were made equal by God. Yes, it's true that we we're made equally VALUABLE to God, but not equaly in the scheme of things. We are not equal, men have roles in life just like women have their roles in life. To me, since the inception of feminism, it seems to me, that women want to "do it all". In other words, they want to be the man, as well as be the woman. So, that leads back to the original question, maybe men don't feel women need us, because they want to be us! When in a relationship, whether dating or in marriage, when the man can't be the man, then all hope is lost. We are not equal, we are two seperate individuals with different roles, trying to help each other, as well as their family, get to Heaven.

--hide--

I just wonder- what sort of guidelines and advice would you give an adult woman who does not WANT to "be the man" and "do it all" but who has no man around to do whatever "man things" you deem inappropriate for her to do? How, when there is no one to fill the man's role, can a woman survive and take care of herself in the world without giving the impression that a manly man is not welcomed in her life?

Jan 2nd 2013 new

Women might need us but they don't particularly want us.

Said the woman to the man in her life: "just do your job, help me out, then leave me alone."

Jan 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Laura-896845 said: I just wonder- what sort of guidelines and advice would you give an adult woman who does not WANT t...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

I just wonder- what sort of guidelines and advice would you give an adult woman who does not WANT to "be the man" and "do it all" but who has no man around to do whatever "man things" you deem inappropriate for her to do? How, when there is no one to fill the man's role, can a woman survive and take care of herself in the world without giving the impression that a manly man is not welcomed in her life?

--hide--
I have the same questions, Laura! Look forward to hearing answers from the guys.
Jan 2nd 2013 new

I like your posting. I agree with most all of it. However, I think there is kind of a war on men in the music industry. Girls keep writing all these guy bashing songs and getting them to numero uno :-). That is great if your teaching your daughter or a young lady to have self respect and self esteem. However it does guys like me no justice, lol.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

Great advice, Casey!
I printed this out and will keep it handy as a good reminder.

Thank you to everyone as well for all the commentary. It is an important subject.

Jan 2nd 2013 new

THE only time I've ever wanted to "be the man" was when I really had to go to the bathroom on a long car ride with no bathroom in sight. :)

Posts 171 - 180 of 196